Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head swap casualties

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar

Head swap casualties

I rarely swap heads or even pose my MOTUC figures. However, over the years, this is the third figure I've had to die during a head swap. Anyone else?

RIP Scareglow 2009-2017 gone but never forgotten.

20170823_152018.jpg

Apologies for my phone posting the pic sideways... If a mod could fix, that would be awesome.
    "..."

'WunDar' Bread Enthusiast Afterlife07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I rarely swap heads or even pose my MOTUC figures. However, over the years, this is the third figure I've had to die during a head swap. Anyone else?

RIP Scareglow 2009-2017 gone but never forgotten.

20170823_152018.jpg

Apologies for my phone posting the pic sideways... If a mod could fix, that would be awesome.
    Haven't had any breakage, but I bought a used Vikor that had a big crack forming at the neck line right there. I carefully used some super glue while pushing the pieces together and that seemed to work. Can still move his head around and the crack hasn't increased any, it's also pretty unnoticeable.

I used a tooth pick to get glue on the inside and outside of the crack, as well as the 'peak' of the neck, and I also went about a millimeter beyond where the split ended down his neck.

Give it a shot, and definitely consider hitting the figures with a hair dryer for 10-15 seconds before swapping heads. I know they're designed to pop on and off easily, but better safe than sorry.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

I almost had that happen with one of my Scareglows. I removed the head, and when I went to replace it, the torso started to separate at the seam. I was able to readily fix it, but I won't ever attempt anything crazy with Scareglow. Any figure with weird plastic seams to be just waiting to fall apart (Goddess, Roboto, Scareglow).

I had this happen on a Bubble Power She-Ra and a Sweet Bee.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

My Buzz Offs neck came lose at the seam. His head is extremely loose now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

I consider my self lucky, the only "casualty" i had is the clear stand of the drone of the loose Tri-Klops i recently acquired. As I inspect it, tried to check the drone, but the clear plastic stand seems stuck with the soft plastic of the drone and i manage to break the tip of the stand when it twisted when i rotate the drone. Was able to fix it but how I wished i did not mess with it that day, motuc figures are costly and rare here. But plastic is plastic and those clear acrylic like ones are very fragile so be careful you all.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I lost my Bubble Power She-Ra to a headswap problem. It was a sad day.
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't encountered this problem with a MOTUC figure, although it did happen on a Mythic Legions figure where the neck bobble was stuck hard in the neck.

A related problem I had was when something snapped in the shoulder joint of one of my Tung Lashors, making the arm hang loose by his side.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Bubble Power She-Ra is the only one for me that I had issues swapping heads. The neck cracked and had stress marks. I was forced to use one of those clear rubber bands the figures come with to wrap around the neck peg to minimize a bobble head effect.

I've yanked the neck peg along with the neck a few times. That's not too hard to deal with. Never had this happen though. Be careful to pull straight up. I brace my finger under the jaw line so I can't put any torque on it accidentally.

Heroic Warrior
    It happened to my Sweet Bee when I tried to swap her head out.

Sorry about your Scareglow!

I've never really given a second thought about breakage issues while swapping heads on aging figures, but just a couple days ago I had a VERY tough time getting NA She-Ra's head off to swap with BP She-Ra, so much so that I almost stopped for fear of her neck peg snapping. I will definitely be more careful during any future head swapping excursions though after reading all of this!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Luckily, I've never had a head swap break so far.

Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    I lost my Bubble Power She-Ra to a headswap problem. It was a sad day.
    My original she-ra broke trying to swap heads with Bubble power she-ra.

Mossman. I can never swap heads with him as his neck peg popped out of his body. I was able to fix it but he will forever have to wear his angry face.

That stinks about your Scareglow. Scareglow was cast in a much less pliable plastic which might have been the problem.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Sorry to hear about your scareglow, the only figure I don't mess with is my Green Goddess, she has a large crack across her chest, good thing her snake armor covers it.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    My original she-ra broke trying to swap heads with Bubble power she-ra.
    same here

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your Scareglow, but why were you swapping his head? What head were you swapping it with? Just curious....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

To avoid the cracking of the neck, consider soaking the figure's head, neck area in really, really hot water (almost boiling) to soften the platic enough to let the head pop off without damage.

I had that happen with a piece meal Scareglow of mine. I would highly recommend to anyone with a Scareglow, DO NOT swamp his head. It ain't worth it!

And always be watchful when head swapping. Especially with the ladies.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

I'm glad I never tried to remove my Scareglow's head.

Were you trying to give Spirit of Grayskull a scary skull-head? Or trying to make Scareglow look like the actual ghost of Skeletor with a Skeletor head?

I have a She-ra and a Tung lashor that have broken neg pegs from head swaps.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondor View Post
    I'm glad I never tried to remove my Scareglow's head.

Were you trying to give Spirit of Grayskull a scary skull-head? Or trying to make Scareglow look like the actual ghost of Skeletor with a Skeletor head?
    20170216_150119.jpg

I was making him ruler of my few mythic skeletons. Had to remove his cape so he could sit down.
    "..."

Looks good! Might have to give him a cloth cape to achieve both looks.

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs