Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So then it wasn't the tooling/budget issue?
    Yeah, due to the tooling costs, something had to be cut which would have made it fit more fluidly into CC. But it still could have been a toss up as either a CC or CG release, sort of like Dylamug and Granita. Maybe we can talk more about it at a later date, but that's about all I can say for now.

The tooling on these figures (all of them for all waves, exclusives, etc) is outrageous. If only they could get the molds from Mattel's factory.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Val,

Do you know if these figures have had more development time then last year's - just wondering if Super7 have had enough time on these to work out any flaws or improvements since wave 1

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Hey Val,

Do you know if these figures have had more development time then last year's - just wondering if they have enough time on these to work out any flaws or improvements since wave 1
    There's some more development time than last year. Plus they have two prior rounds of releases to reflect on and have given feedback to the factory.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    There's some more development time than last year. Plus they have two prior rounds of releases to reflect on and have given feedback to the factory.
    Thanks - good to hear

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, due to the tooling costs, something had to be cut which would have made it fit more fluidly into CC. But it still could have been a toss up as either a CC or CG release, sort of like Dylamug and Granita. Maybe we can talk more about it at a later date, but that's about all I can say for now.
    Based on the new information, I'm guessing either Chef Allen, who no longer has a vac metal spoon, or Crackers the Clown, who is now reusing an old DCUC Joker head.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    In the end, all that's been done is a packaging change. It's a release that could have worked in either packaging. It was planned as a CC release. But Super7 made the call just last week that we should go with CG packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Trollans would fit in either style packaging.
    Oh, please, don't get my hopes up...

Here's the 5th teaser!

Attachment 115729

I really hope you'll still come. As I talked about above, the exclusive (I'd hope) is not the true reason to come to the show.

In the end, all that's been done is a packaging change. It's a release that could have worked in either packaging. It was planned as a CC release. But Super7 made the call just last week that we should go with CG packaging. I see their point and understand the call, although I still wish we had a CC release.
    That's actually troubling - does that mean an original figure is no longer debuting in the main line and is now bypassing it straight to Club Grayskull? If so, what a disaster they are making of MOTUC. SMDH

They really are a clueless lot over at S7.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    That's actually troubling - does that mean an original figure is no longer debuting in the main line and is now bypassing it straight to Club Grayskull? If so, what a disaster they are making of MOTUC. SMDH
    Yeah. Crazy. I mean a Filmation character looking like their source material and slotted into the Filmation cartoon CG line. It’s totally absurd.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Yeah. Crazy. I mean a Filmation character looking like their source material and slotted into the Filmation cartoon CG line. It’s totally absurd.
    Yeah, it is absurd. I completely agree. All figures have always debuted in the main line and should be Classicized. Club Grayskull is supposed to be an offshoot meant for Filmation variants of already released figures. They are blurring the lines even more. Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Super 7 should have just let MOTUC die a dignified death and not taken on the property. Even though there were many many figures I still wanted, I would rather it had ended than see it go to pot like this. It's embarrassing to watch this line go so off course.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Yeah, it is absurd. I completely agree. All figures have always debuted in the main line and should be Classicized. Club Grayskull is supposed to be an offshoot meant for Filmation variants of already released figures. They are blurring the lines even more. Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Super 7 should have just let MOTUC die a dignified death and not taken on the property. Even though there were many many figures I still wanted, I would rather it had ended than see it go to pot like this. It's embarrassing to watch this line go so off course.
    Maybe it is too early to say that ...
    I am sad there is no CC figure for Powercon but still waiting to see how the things will run.

Patience ...

Heroic Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Funny never have seen the mission statement for CC and CG that says any of what you think each line is suppose to be.

And it’s equally absurd to want the line to end because it has evolved into something new And gone to pot? Hardly. That’s a bit over the top and melodramatic.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Maybe it is too early to say that ...
    I am sad there is no CC figure for Powercon but still waiting to see how the things will run.

Patience ...
    Well, the patience expired back at Hawke, Granita, and Dylamug. Especially when Brian seemed confused as to which line to release them under. This time, he has made it clear that he is as lost as he seemed during the Wave 2 reveals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Lol. Funny never have seen the mission statement for CC and CG that says any of what you think each line is suppose to be.

And it’s equally absurd to want the line to end because it has evolved into something new And gone to pot? Hardly. That’s a bit over the top and melodramatic.
    The "mission statement" is the intent for the lines that has been repeated over and over again over the past 10 years. Surely you are capable of finding it.

Evolving into something lesser is the problem. Wanting something to end while it is on top is hardly melodramatic. Not sure you understand what that word actually means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Based on the new information, I'm guessing either Chef Allen, who no longer has a vac metal spoon, or Crackers the Clown, who is now reusing an old DCUC Joker head.
    That would be funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Fisto could be Club Grayskull but Kittrina and Enchantress would be in collectors choice first since their characters never had toy form before.
    Yes, exactly. Finally, a comment that actually makes sense of the characters' designations. *exasperated sigh*

While it is on top? This is a toy line, not a TV show or movie franchise. These are sculpted action figures.

Super 7 is making good figures and I don't see the point of you trying to poo poo them simply because your interest in collecting the line has waned. If you have all the toys you want, be happy with them and enjoy them and allow others the chance to continue purchasing products from this company without trying to make it sound like they're incompetent and the line is ruins.

I'm stunned when I come across comments like these and they seem to be popping up more and more on the site lately. I can't imagine what that must feel like for the hard-working people at Super 7, who fought to continue something that was running for many years and are trying now to do as well if not better with it even though they've really only just begun and have obstacles to deal with that Mattel never did.

In any case I'm very excited to see what these three filmation exclusives will be. I would so love to see a new Frosta or Adora or Seahawk or Bow.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    While it is on top? This is a toy line, not a TV show or movie franchise. These are sculpted action figures.

Super 7 is making good figures and I don't see the point of you trying to poo poo them simply because your interest in collecting the line has waned. If you have all the toys you want, be happy with them and enjoy them and allow others the chance to continue purchasing products from this company without trying to make it sound like they're incompetent and the line is ruins.

I'm stunned when I come across comments like these and they seem to be popping up more and more on the site lately. I can't imagine what that must feel like for the hard-working people at Super 7, who fought to continue something that was running for many years and are trying now to do as well if not better with it even though they've really only just begun and have obstacles to deal with that Mattel never did.

In any case I'm very excited to see what these three filmation exclusives will be. I would so love to see a new Frosta or Adora or Seahawk or Bow.
    LOL...okay. At least your last paragraph was sensible. Those 4 characters should be eligible for CG.
    Last edited by Donimo; March 26, 2018 at 02:32am.

At this point, I’m not sure what the exclusives are, or how the packaging change affects the overall exclusives. But, I’m very excited to see the reveals (hopefully this week) and I’ll reserve all comments until then. The only thing I’ll say now is that I’m sad something had to be cut for budgetary reasons, simply because I like the figures to be as fully fleshed out as possible. Makes me wonder what had to be cut, but we might find that out later.

And these teasers are NOT helping me, haha. Colorless, zoomed in, vague teasers??? Val, you’re a twisted man, hahahahaha.

Heroic Warrior
    Here's the 5th teaser!

Attachment 115729
    Hmmmm. That may be a portion of a filmation zodac head —his helmet. His left upper area. You can sorta see a slight round curve then his helmet fin on far left of pic
    Last edited by degra; March 26, 2018 at 05:10am.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    In the end, all that's been done is a packaging change. It's a release that could have worked in either packaging. It was planned as a CC release. But Super7 made the call just last week that we should go with CG packaging. I see their point and understand the call, although I still wish we had a CC release.
    Okay, just like Degra, i'm going with Enchantress, after all, that's some quite relevant call right after
    the sorceress was chosen to appear in the line right before.

The tooling on these figures (all of them for all waves, exclusives, etc) is outrageous. If only they could get the molds from Mattel's factory.
    Motuc tooling is very singular as we know, and by that i mean recognizable, what prevents Mattel to simply hand them over to S7?

I mean, Since both parts found an agreement allowing the compagny rescuer to use them as much they need to.
    Besides, are these tooling of any use for Mattel as things stand?
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Motuc tooling is very singular as we know, and by that i mean recognizable, what prevents Mattel to simply hand them over to S7?

I mean, Since both parts found an agreement allowing the compagny rescuer to use them as much they need to.
    Besides, are these tooling of any use for Mattel as things stand?
    Because not Mattel has them but the former factory in China which has produced the Classics for Mattel. For all we know, they could all be destroyed right now because the factory doesn't need them anymore but the material for the molds.

I'm also thinking it will be Enchantress since her head sculpt's shape could be similar to that of Sorceress, albeit tweaked somewhat. I'm hoping for Prince Adam. hey, that "cape" pic might even be from Shadow Weaver.
    I think perhaps that link that looks like a collar could be from the inner ear of Kowla / Red Eye. Just look at Kowl's ears - he has the same shape of line when you look at the yellow and the blue.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    I'm also thinking it will be Enchantress since her head sculpt's shape could be similar to that of Sorceress, albeit tweaked somewhat. I'm hoping for Prince Adam. hey, that "cape" pic might even be from Shadow Weaver.
    I think perhaps that link that looks like a collar could be from the inner ear of Kowla / Red Eye. Just look at Kowl's ears - he has the same shape of line when you look at the yellow and the blue.
    I think the cape pic is of enchantress.

- - - Updated - - -

If I owned a house, you might be on the mark!

This one is definitely not a part of a house:
    Attachment 115714
    Think this is of enchantress
    If you look at far right of pic from your perspective in upper right corner. it looks like you can make out her right arm which looks possibly bent at the elbow Jagged lines —made out from the contrast of darker to light—above elbow pivot being her glove which runs up passed her elbow and have a very uneven design

And Drude might have been what had to be cut. As a pack in ?

- - - Updated - - -

I might have a few very cryptic visual teases over the weekend, sort of like I did last year to frustrate the heck out of you all, but to also get your detective skills working.

The teasers will be unpainted this time around.
    In fact, here's the first teaser....
    Attachment 115699
    This could be upon further study the shot of Adam’s belt that holds his vest

So my guess for third figure Is Prince Adam.
    Last edited by degra; March 26, 2018 at 06:40am.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Because not Mattel has them but the former factory in China which has produced the Classics for Mattel. For all we know, they could all be destroyed right now because the factory doesn't need them anymore but the material for the molds.
    I do not think mattel would have committed this way with S7 if that had been the case.

In fact, all that we know far is that a small amount of Motuc Ultimates accessoires has indeed been destroyed, and they still could reproduce the figures back then (february 2017). So my assumption is that this incident may have occured way before S7 enters the scene.

As for the rest, there's no way chinese factories have the flexibility to do anything they will anytime they want in such a context, they need Mattel's consent, no matter what.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; March 26, 2018 at 07:16am.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    How did you know???

They really are a clueless lot over at S7.
    Super7 is far from clueless.

It's more than abundantly clear that you want figures in CC first. And in an ideal world, I also would like that too because I'd love a detailed release first then later a Filmation release. But, let's be honest with ourselves here about two different releases of most characters: That is not going to happen. Only the core character roster is most likely to receive that treatment.

When you look at the poll results, it's obvious that a considerable chunk of fans want that Filmation look, either just on CG packaging, or later after we got a more detailed CC release. So the Filmation look is important to a lot of fans.

And since we are unlikely to get two releases of most characters, what makes more sense for a release that requires expensive new tooling? Going in and adding a lot of detail for the one release we will probably get, or giving people the aesthetic they most commonly know from Filmation?

I pushed for a CC release and that's what was originally planned. But given the extreme expense of tooling for brand new stuff, and how this particular yet-to-be revealed release could exist in CG or CC, I completely understand why Super7 made the final call last week to cut a couple things and stick with a CG release. I realized there would be some upset fans and I'm also bummed not to have a CC exclusive. But given what the release is, I think most fans will be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    melkor23 summed it up with...

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post

I'd like it if one of these figures was Gleedal, just so Plundor is no longer lonely.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

- - - Updated - - -

Donimo please take your negativity someplace else? It's really getting tiresome here.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. So I shouldn’t have figures I want because you are butthurt about Filmation? Seriously.

How about... not buying new MOTUC product?