Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2072

Thread: Power-Con returning in 2018 - August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California

Quote Originally Posted by smalldogJr View Post
    Will these be better quality than the first series of CC and CG figures??? i hope
    Super7 is actually in China right now, addressing concerns with the factory so they make improvements on Wave 2 and the Power-Con exclusives.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Not to join in on the crabbing or anything, but I do hope they spend some time and energy examining how to improve on the CG Teela's....ahem...shortcomings with regards to future females in the line.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Will there be a Facebook event for this as in previous years?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Will there be a Facebook event for this as in previous years?
    I wasn't going to do one this year. It never seemed to help much in the previous years.

But if there's a lot of you it helps in some way, I can add it.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Not to join in on the crabbing or anything, but I do hope they spend some time and energy examining how to improve on the CG Teela's....ahem...shortcomings with regards to future females in the line.
    I agree the females seemed to be shorter then before, the few issues I had with Teela were her height and the hips issues, hopefully things get sorted out moving forward.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I wasn't going to do one this year. It never seemed to help much in the previous years.

But if there's a lot of you it helps in some way, I can add it.
    I would think that Facebook event RSVPs, shares, and check-ins would help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I would think that Facebook event RSVPs, shares, and check-ins would help a lot.
    We never saw much from it. It didn't help increase attendance or awareness from what I could tell. Not even many people checked in the day of the event either.

I feel a lot of social media pages like that are becoming white noise for a lot of people. There's just so much to keep track of these days.

Super7 is actually in China right now, addressing concerns with the factory so they make improvements on Wave 2 and the Power-Con exclusives.
    Were they not also there twice for the first series of figures?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Were they not also there twice for the first series of figures?
    I believe it was once wasn't it? I could be wrong.
    Regardless, they are back again to address things in-person at the factory. And that's a positive thing as it shows they care about the product and are making an effort. That's how I view it anyway.

I have my tickets and exclusives purchased! I can't wait!!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Rebecca Taylor, artist on the vintage He-Man & MOTU Castle Grayskull toy and more, will be attending Power-Con this August 25 & 26 in Torrance, California! Tickets and exclusive are on sale now.
    Click here for more info!

Cool guest announcement! She definitely gets overlooked with her contributions to the MOTU brand.

Sent from my Power Sword using The Force

So we've made a start on the kids costumes.

My mother had to hand-stitch each feather, lol.

kyfnf4I.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram for pictures of vintage & modern toys, behind-the-scenes, tidbits, and sneak peeks!

@herbietoys
    https://www.instagram.com/herbietoys/

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post

kyfnf4I.jpg
    That's awesome and dedication

Quote Originally Posted by herbie747 View Post

kyfnf4I.jpg
    Awesome!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Just send her back to Brian if you're not happy, mate.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    There will be no extras. Only the figures in their package. This was stated before in this thread.
    Well, someone should surprise us, because that's lame. Any extra promotional anything would be a nice touch for non-attendees who couldn't make the event itself but nonetheless supported the Con's plastic offerings. I mean, a printed piece of paper?...no one is asking for a bonus figure. Shouldn't be too hard...maybe it's decided, but I hope someone would reconsider what I consider to be an otherwise poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    Well, someone should surprise us, because that's lame. Any extra promotional anything would be a nice touch for non-attendees who couldn't make the event itself but nonetheless supported the Con's plastic offerings. I mean, a printed piece of paper?...no one is asking for a bonus figure. Shouldn't be too hard...maybe it's decided, but I hope someone would reconsider what I consider to be an otherwise poor decision.
    I think when accessories of the figures have to be canceled because of cost issues, free extras are just not realistic.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBlade6 View Post
    I'd like to think that offering them at the same purchase price Attendees pay is already a nice touch.

The figures have slim margins. And while I really do appreciate that you'd like to have an additional memento from Power-Con, I've found that the majority of Non-Attendees didn't care or were indifferent about any of those items. So I opted instead to keep the price the same and dropped the MAP (which narrowed my margins even more).

On a side note, I hope you can make it to the show one year!

Val I know you can't go into what accessories were cut and we know Montork & Dree-Elle lost some, but can you say if Chopper & Spikor Had any accessories that needed to be cut too or were they always planned as is from Super7?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Val I know you can't go into what accessories were cut and we know Montork & Dree-Elle lost some, but can you say if Chopper & Spikor Had any accessories that needed to be cut too or were they always planned as is from Super7?
    There was something extra that was planned to come with both Chopper and Spikor. But, after factory quotes came back, it would have increased the price $10.00 to $15.00 per figure.

The tooling for anything new is insane. If the line was selling 5x or more than it is now, that cost could be spread out a lot more efficiently. But as it stands, anything brand new significantly bumps up the production cost.

I know fans didn't like it, but IMO, we really need to go back to the sales meter and the "scare tactics" as some fans called it. Like it or not, that really helped. The line really needs that public awareness and PR drive to boost sales. We'd just have to ignore the people who don't like that sort of thing and do what is needed so we can all enjoy the line we love for years to come.

Look at the sail barge for Star Wars. The meter worked. That idea comes from the toyguru days of castle grayskull and the final sub drives. Fear of missing out is a big motivator.

Sadly I really think we may be reaching the end of this line. Unless the quality goescup drastically and something really wows in the third waves, this may be unsustainable. Though I am hearing whispers and rumors of big plans by super7, if some of these are in fact true,then I see a bright future. But they have got to get that quaility nailed down.

Also as far as the power con exclusives,I have not ordered yet but I will. I'm sure quite a few are like me. Collectirschave been hit with a sail barge,Han solo,new marvel legends,Jurassic world and many kickstarter toys. We just need to build up funds again. But we are coming!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

There was something extra that was planned to come with both Chopper and Spikor. But, after factory quotes came back, it would have increased the price $10.00 to $15.00 per figure.

The tooling for anything new is insane. If the line was selling 5x or more than it is now, that cost could be spread out a lot more efficiently. But as it stands, anything brand new significantly bumps up the production cost.

I know fans didn't like it, but IMO, we really need to go back to the sales meter and the "scare tactics" as some fans called it. Like it or not, that really helped. The line really needs that public awareness and PR drive to boost sales. We'd just have to ignore the people who don't like that sort of thing and do what is needed so we can all enjoy the line we love for years to come.
    I fully understand about new tooling cost. I was just curious if they originally were to come with accessories. Who knows maybe super7 can slip these cut accessories in with other figures over time or do a straight up Brand new tooling weapons pack and charge what it costs.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I fully understand about new tooling cost. I was just curious if they originally were to come with accessories. Who knows maybe super7 can slip these cut accessories in with other figures over time or do a straight up Brand new tooling weapons pack and charge what it costs.
    I would hope they would consider that. Ideally I'd hope Spikor's trident arm would be designed to be removable (maybe using the same tool as Hordak at the shoulder joint?) so the figure could potentially have a normal arm/hand be released later. In some ways I wish Spikor had been saved for a regular wave and someone like Fisto had been the exclusive instead.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    why are these 50 bucks each if they don't even come with any accessories??? for that price Spikor should of got a alternate arm and a weapon at least!