Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orko statue from Sideshow and Tweeterhead

Heroic Warrior
    He looks really great! Nate always does awesome work!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Looks great. I love the Easter eggs in the spell book. I also like the incorporation of the 4H's 200x design elements like the staff, etc. I just hope I can afford it some day...
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Huh. $265/$260? I can swing this. Whew! *mops brow in relative relief*

So it's a swappable? I'll still get both for display purposes. *shrug*
    Yes, the exclusive versions have a bonus item, so the standard hand with his wand is part of the exclusive version, too, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Yes, the exclusive versions have a bonus item, so the standard hand with his wand is part of the exclusive version, too, of course.
    Soooo...who has ordered him and which version?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Soooo...who has ordered him and which version?
    Wow I guess I figured that this topic would be buzzing about everybody who has preordered him...guess not lol. For me I have never bought a statue from Side show...as much as I have ALWAYS wanted one I just could not fork over the money. But with Orko I am so excited and happy as this is one that yes number one I can afford and number two it's a statue of ORKO. That did it for me lol. Plus I put him on the payment plan and I am so excited to finally own my first Sideshow statue...and it's OrkO!!!
    Last edited by depp76; January 25, 2018 at 10:54pm.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Wow.... I had no intention of buying any of these statues, but I may have to make an exception for this one.

Stupid question... for the exclusive version that comes with the book, does it also come with a swappable hand and the wand, or is it an either/or kind of thing? I'm asking because if I have to choose, I would prefer the wand, but having the option for both in one would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Wow.... I had no intention of buying any of these statues, but I may have to make an exception for this one.

Stupid question... for the exclusive version that comes with the book, does it also come with a swappable hand and the wand, or is it an either/or kind of thing? I'm asking because if I have to choose, I would prefer the wand, but having the option for both in one would be nice.
    Not a stupid question at all...the exclusive version comes with both options. Both swappable hands and the book and the wand. That is what the extra $5 is which is completely worth it.

I preordered Orko immediately - like all other MotU statues from Sideshow!

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Oh, I was fairly aware of that, but I'm still getting both. Grimoire version has been preordered and payment plan set up, and regular version will be procured from one of my local comic shops when it becomes available (because I said I'd get one through them way back when it was first announced). I think they'll look nice side-by-side in the case.

Why both? Well, why not?
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Not a stupid question at all...the exclusive version comes with both options. Both swappable hands and the book and the wand. That is what the extra $5 is which is completely worth it.
    Thanks for that! Order placed! Thank goodness for the flex pay option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Oh, I was fairly aware of that, but I'm still getting both. Grimoire version has been preordered and payment plan set up, and regular version will be procured from one of my local comic shops when it becomes available (because I said I'd get one through them way back when it was first announced). I think they'll look nice side-by-side in the case.

Why both? Well, why not?
    Hey, if you have the money and the space, why not? That way you can have one with the wand and the other with the book at the same time.

Space keeps becoming more limited for me, and the one statue is already a splurge (buying another would mean cutting back on other items that I enjoy buying, so balance and all of that). And while my wife is very understanding and supportive of my hobbies and generally doesn't give me a hard time at all about them, I think buying two of (almost) the exact same pricey statue wouldn't go over too well!

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Got my Exclusive version pre-ordered!
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Pre-ordered exclusive. Already have the He-Man and Skeletor exclusives but skipped out on Lyn and SheRa as I wasn't fond of those statues. This one fits perfectly, plus look at my name for crying out loud. =)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Ordered my orko exclusive about a week ago, can't wait to see hordak.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Just got an email from Sideshow that the Orko statue has been delayed and will not be arriving into their warehouse until Sept./Oct.

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Just got an email from Sideshow that the Orko statue has been delayed and will not be arriving into their warehouse until Sept./Oct.
    Fine by me! Wouldn't have wanted them to land during Power-Con or something, while I'm on the other side of the country (and knowing my luck, they would have)!
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Just got yet ANOTHER email lol:

Arrival Delayed

We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Orko Statue item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Nov to Dec 2018.

We apologize that this date has been modified but we look forward to shipping out this item to you when it arrives.

If you need to update any information on your order you can do so easily through your online account.

Made a little video of my Orko which arrived today.

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Made a little video of my Orko which arrived today.

https://youtu.be/70EgP7bjh7I
    WOW he looks amazing!!! Thanks for the video! I can't wait to get mine! Did you get any type of notice from Sideshow stating that he had shipped? I haven't heard anything since Nov. 1 when I got the email that he was further delayed. Nothing since.

??????????

I love the sculpt, even though I'm not entirely a fan of the more muted, washed-out color palette used.

Sorry for late answer. I got two mails regarding soon shipping and charging on November 23rd and 27th from Sideshow and then the final invoice mail with tracking number on December 1st.
    Last edited by melkor23; December 14, 2018 at 08:34am. Reason: typo
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

It's a sweet statue. I really like the way they depicted Orko in a "real" world way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Forgot to post also some pictures from Orko:

Very Nice!! Congrats for your collection

Sideshow statues are the ones I could see as the most cinematic, I'd be ok with those looks in a future movie!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like we have a good chance of seeing Tweeterhead Hordak and Teela and Power-con

Evil and eats everything Acolyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Looks like we have a good chance of seeing Tweeterhead Hordak and Teela and Power-con
    That would be sweet. How do you know, if I may ask?