Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 55-inch tall Skeletor glow-in-the-dark Halloween decoration

Can't believe it, but mine arrived already... that's some fast free shipping! This thing IS huge (and heavyweight, too!) and I can't wait to test out the glow-in-the-darkness of it later tonight.
    I think Scareglow should be the obvious next one if they do this again next Halloween.

Didn't care about the price. It was an instant buy. Can't wait till it shows up.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Can't believe it, but mine arrived already... that's some fast free shipping! This thing IS huge (and heavyweight, too!) and I can't wait to test out the glow-in-the-darkness of it later tonight.
    I think Scareglow should be the obvious next one if they do this again next Halloween.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine arrived today, pretty cool overall, but a bit disappointed because it banged around in the shipping box. Skeleton broke free of his bag and smashed his head and armor near his shoulders.

Received mine today. It's very nice.

I reinforced the hole at the top, where you would use string to hang him, by placing several layers of packing tape on the backside of the hole, and then poking through that to thread the string.

Weirdly, the whole thing came packed in a very flat box, but after hanging him for about an hour, the cardboard started to curl, such that, long-ways, he had been wrapped around a wide pole or something.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I reinforced the hole at the top, where you would use string to hang him, by placing several layers of packing tape on the backside of the hole, and then poking through that to thread the string.
    You should try these:

Made my own version last week. Plotted him out out, painted him with blacklight paint and laminated. It's not hinged but the whole thing glows under the blacklight. He cost me $0 since he was made with material I already have. Plus he's 5"taller than the S7 version.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

I love that the font is a nod to the old Aurora plastic horror movie monster model kits, and it's a cool item, but not $45 worth of cool. I'd spend that kind of money to buy materials to paint my own actual* life-size skeletor, and it would be the only one! can't get more 'niche' than that!

*not knowing his actual height, but having a bloody good guess.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I thought it was cool until I saw the price. Half of that price seems more reasonable. This is just a cardboard cutout. I can but one that stands up on its own at my local theater of a character in a new movie for about $30 and it is about as tall as the actor in question. This thing's barely as tall as my wife and she's 5'11".
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    I thought it was cool until I saw the price. Half of that price seems more reasonable. This is just a cardboard cutout. I can but one that stands up on its own at my local theater of a character in a new movie for about $30 and it is about as tall as the actor in question. This thing's barely as tall as my wife and she's 5'11".
    Your 5'11 wife would tower over a 4'7 Skeletor. To be fair they probably had to make it proportionately smaller to fit the width of the door. Still shouldn't advertise it as being life-sized.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Received mine today. It's very nice.

Weirdly, the whole thing came packed in a very flat box, but after hanging him for about an hour, the cardboard started to curl, such that, long-ways, he had been wrapped around a wide pole or something.
    Mine is curling now too

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    I suppose you could think it like this: Considering the shipping one would usually spend with Super 7 on something this size, that would make this about $25 + shipping.
    There, now it's more affordable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    I love that the font is a nod to the old Aurora plastic horror movie monster model kits,
    Yeah, that and the full moon over Snake Mountain for Halloween. Some nice thought put into it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Mine is curling now too
    I hear that sport is pretty big in Canada.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Nickdoobs - Awesome job!

I bought it as a classroom decoration. My students LOVE it. I have him pointing to different charts in my room... And I can use it all year, every year. So it works great for that!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    I'd be in at $15...maybe $20. but $45. no way.
    Shipping is included, itís a big package.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Mine took about a month, but it curled up as well.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Can someone explain to me why these are $25 and the Skeletor one is $45?

These are licensed by Universal Monster. I can't see the MOTU license translating to a $20 higher price tag per item.

Only difference I see is that Skeletor is glow in the dark, and the others aren't. Both 55" in height, and hinged.

Not only is mine curling, but it barely glows no matter how long I leave it in direct light beforehand.