Thread: Greetings & Salutations from Ohio

Widget

Greetings & Salutations from Ohio

I'm quite pleased to have found myself on this site (long overdue). I grew up as a child of the '80s and for me, at the time, there was nothing bigger than He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I've attached two photographs; one being of birthday balloons my parents bought me, which featured both He-Man and Gobots... the second photo was taken during Xmas, during the early-mid '80s, whilst at my grandparents' house, playing with some WWF toys... but, nearby, as you can see, was always He-Man and Castle Grayskull.

I look forward to conversing with other like-minded individuals and sharing my ever-growing MotU collection.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey man! Cool photos. I LOVE GoBots.

Welcome to the forums! Those are fantastic photos, and thank you for sharing
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, halejeffery1982!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Those sure are some cool pics!! MOTU, wrestling figures and what looks to be a "My Buddy" doll, you definitely had some cool toys as a kid!! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Born 1982? 81 here and welcome to our club and forum, glad you can join! weren't the 80s and 90s a great time to be a kid and a teen?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Widget
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming! Yes, HarryCanyon, I was born in '82; and yes, the '80s and '90s were a great time! I spend countless hours on YouTube watching cartoon intros and various segments from my childhood. My goal is to revolt against the modern world and cultivate my own subjective universe; transporting myself back to a time that will never be again. My soon-to-be ex wife says that's unhealthy; I beg to differ. Ha!

Thanks dedset13! I'll get around to upgrading my account soon.

Prime Enchantress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Welcome to the boards! Have fun and enjoy your time here on the .org!

Quote Originally Posted by halejeffery1982 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming! Yes, HarryCanyon, I was born in '82; and yes, the '80s and '90s were a great time! I spend countless hours on YouTube watching cartoon intros and various segments from my childhood. My goal is to revolt against the modern world and cultivate my own subjective universe; transporting myself back to a time that will never be again. My soon-to-be ex wife says that's unhealthy; I beg to differ. Ha!

Thanks dedset13! I'll get around to upgrading my account soon.
    interesting but there are good cartoons nowadays you know like Bojack Horseman, Regular Show (love that 80s and 90s retroness even in the soundtracks to pop culture references and made by a age your age of 35 who grew up on 80s/90s cartoons and classic WB/Disney cartoons and is a modern Rocko's Modern Life), My Little Pony FIM, Voltron Defender on Netflix, Castlevania, Archer etc.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Love the pics. Welcome to the board. Fellow child of 82' here as well.

Re: pics, I'm actually wanting to get the best 3-4 He-man related photos from my childhood enlarged and framed for my eventual He-Man / MOTU room. Memories to be treasured for sure.

See you on the board!

Quote Originally Posted by halejeffery1982 View Post
    I'm quite pleased to have found myself on this site (long overdue). I grew up as a child of the '80s and for me, at the time, there was nothing bigger than He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I've attached two photographs; one being of birthday balloons my parents bought me, which featured both He-Man and Gobots... the second photo was taken during Xmas, during the early-mid '80s, whilst at my grandparents' house, playing with some WWF toys... but, nearby, as you can see, was always He-Man and Castle Grayskull.

I look forward to conversing with other like-minded individuals and sharing my ever-growing MotU collection.

Cheers!
    Great photos!

You have taken the first step to true power.

Now... answer me this, Master of the Universe, who is your favorite character?