Thread: 20th Century Fox "The New Mutants" movie (2018) Thread

20th Century Fox "The New Mutants" movie (2018) Thread

Wow. Color me impressed with this preview!

I have been clamoring for a New Mutants movie for years now... and this looks like it might not disappoint!

The New Mutants was/is my second most beloved comic book (right after The Legion of Super Heroes) so I was/am afraid of how this could turn out. From what I gather from the preview, it sticks more closely to the Claremont/Sienkiewicz horror-themed stories from the early years... which could be a very good thing! Also, it appears that Mirage, Magik, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, and possibly Sunspot or Magma are all in it!! This makes me happy, because I absolutely love the original New Mutants characters.

Director Josh Boone is quoted as saying that this film would be, “a full-fledged horror movie within the X-Men universe.”

Well, I can't wait to see more!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wow. Color me impressed with this preview!

I have been clamoring for a New Mutants movie for years now... and this looks like it might not disappoint!

The New Mutants was/is my second most beloved comic book (right after The Legion of Super Heroes) so I was/am afraid of how this could turn out. From what I gather from the preview, it sticks more closely to the Claremont/Sienkiewicz horror-themed stories from the early years... which could be a very good thing! Also, it appears that Mirage, Magik, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, and possibly Sunspot or Magma are all in it!! This makes me happy, because I absolutely love the original New Mutants characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9e410C__I

Director Josh Boone is quoted as saying that this film would be, “a full-fledged horror movie within the X-Men universe.”

Well, I can't wait to see more!
    And did you think Fox did awesome with Logan and Deadpool in getting their act together with creative control unlike X-men movies?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Well, it's only been two years... but, the New Mutants is set to release this April!

Apparently, Kevin Feige has seen the movie and asked that no changes be made to it (with the exception of the post-credits scene.)

Before, Fox was going to butcher / re-shoot a lot of it to make the movie "less scary" and more "kid-friendly," but now we will get the actual horror story that was initially intended.

Check out the new trailer:

I'm still excited for this... I'll admit to being a total New Mutants fanboy.

I'm also curious how this fits in to the MCU as a whole, now that it's being released after the Marvel / 20th Century Fox deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm still excited for this... I'll admit to being a total New Mutants fanboy.

I'm also curious how this fits in to the MCU as a whole, now that it's being released after the Marvel / 20th Century Fox deal.
    As someone who grew up in the 80's reading New Mutants, I love them too but this movie is nothing like the books. I have zero interest in this. As far as the MCU goes, the movie is reportedly still part of the Fox Mutant Universe and not even part of the MCU. Disney is just releasing this to get it over with and done so they can move on to Marvel Studios' mutant movies. It's the final nail in the coffin of the Fox Mutants.

The film was basically finished in late 2017. I can't think of a single studio release that sat that long on the shelf and ended up being good.

I'm thinking that the only reason we're even seeing it is because there's not much money that needs to be pumped into it at this point. Otherwise it would have been a situation like the cancelled Gambit movie where Disney looked at what Fox had and said "what are you all smoking?"
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

All signs point to this movie not being a good...

Even so, I am going to remain optimistic because I have a special place in my heart for the New Mutants. And, they are actually using the original team!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    ADisney is just releasing this to get it over with and done so they can move on to Marvel Studios' mutant movies. It's the final nail in the coffin of the Fox Mutants.
    Thank god....Fox just totally dropped the ball most of the time with the X-Men....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Thank god....Fox just totally dropped the ball most of the time with the X-Men....
    True.

Even though there are many issues with them, I still enjoy X-2, X-Men: First Class, and Days of Future Past...

I've got my fingers crossed for the New Mutants. I want it to be a sleeper hit so that the cast / characters can be properly inducted into the MCU (or, if not, still have a microverse of their own).