Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super 7 MOTU Classics Wave 1 Update

Super 7 MOTU Classics Wave 1 Update

An update from Super7 on revisions to the 2017 MOTUC CC and CG assortments, which are due to ship from the factory to Super7 around early November.

Photos collected on the main page of the Org.

These revisions are the types of improvements you can expect to see on the MOTUC 2018 Wave 1 figures currenlty up for pre-order!

Check out the info from Super7:
    "Hello Everyone!

This is Brian Flynn, the owner of Super7, and I wanted to give you an update on your pre-orders for the Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull - Wave 1 figures.

First off, we have been working on a ton of tooling revisions since our last update and are down to just two revisions left to be made (Lodar’s missing arm band and Tri-Klops head is still too high). All figures have revised and corrected hips (especially Teela and Hawke) as well as a multitude of small changes from foot holes, joint tightness, plastic durometer and much more.

The goal is to make the figures as perfect as possible, and I think we are almost there! These changes are well underway, and they should be back to us in a week or so.

We have also done a lot of paint updates (Teela’s face was a common question), and have updated everything, and have it ready to go. Long story short, we expect to be heading into production by the end of the month, and have figures shipping out to us before the end of November. I know this is a bit later than everyone had hoped, but we want to make sure these figures are perfect rather than rush them to you earlier.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we will do our best to answer your questions.

We've posted images of all the Wave 1 figures here to show you the tooling and paint updates.

Thank you for your support of Super7 and Master of the Universe!
    Brian"

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if anyone has asked them about whether or not Fangor's shoulders are reversed since they look to be using the original Hsss arms?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    I wonder if anyone has asked them about whether or not Fangor's shoulders are reversed since they look to be using the original Hsss arms?
    The one picture at the con where you are getting this idea from it looks like the biceps are just turned wrong. And if you look at the pics in the email Super 7 sent everyone you will see they are fine.

Heroic Warrior
    Remember when we used to hear complaints about Mattel delaying figures by a month or so?

Oh the good old days...
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm not complaining. It sounds like they are specifically addressing most of the problems fans brought up (especially things like corrected hips, which I am very surprised could be fixed at this late stage), and, if that's the case. I'm more than willing to wait. If said problems are indeed taken care of, it will go a long way toward redeeming S7 for some of the recent flubs. And it is somewhat refreshing to get the response "We are fixing the problems even this late in the game" as opposed to "This is your Hiss"...
    Addendum: Just looked at the photos; appears the major problems have, indeed, been corrected. I will be very happy with S7 if the final product turns out like these. I can forgive errors and mistakes as long as there is a real and concerted effort to rectify them, and that's what I seem to be seeing here.
    Last edited by scott metzger; October 24, 2017 at 10:52am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It seems that both Teela and Hawke will have the same articulation as Battleground Teela, with no thigh swiwel. That's a bit unfortunate. Also, someone mentioned that the revised Teela's forearms are mixed up. Hopefully that particular issue won't be in the production figures.
    Other than that, they look great..!
    Leech sucks..!

Man! I totally forgot this was brought up after NYCC. Fingers crossed on this. That would be typical MOTUC for us to get all of these corrections at this late stage and then still have something like reversed shoulders happen AGAIN! Ugh...
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    I gotta say that the transparency and care S7 is showing in listening to fans and getting these right is encouraging. I've scaled back my purchases due to a number of factors, but I've already got far more faith in the folks at S7 than I had in the folks at mattycollector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

I personally applaud Super7's handling of MOTUC figures lately. From their communication to, of course, their attention to details with - and execution of - the figures. Both of which are clearly improving in response to feedback. This latest Supercast is a great example of that.

Particularly, I'm glad the tolerances and hips are being adjusted. I hope the plastic situation is also improved compared to what we had with the Power-Con exclusives. All told, I have faith that they'll straighten it all out.

And, of course, I look forward to what's being done to Granita, detail-wise. If she's detailed properly, that might spare her from going straight to eBay, in my case.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    I personally applaud Super7's handling of MOTUC figures lately. From their communication to, of course, their attention to details with - and execution of - the figures. Both of which are clearly improving in response to feedback. This latest Supercast is a great example of that.

Particularly, I'm glad the tolerances and hips are being adjusted. I hope the plastic situation is also improved compared to what we had with the Power-Con exclusives. All told, I have faith that they'll straighten it all out.

And, of course, I look forward to what's being done to Granita, detail-wise. If she's detailed properly, that might spare her from going straight to eBay, in my case.
    God I hope so. Just a few things

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post

I totally agree.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

I'm happy to wait if it means the figures are better.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    The one picture at the con where you are getting this idea from it looks like the biceps are just turned wrong. And if you look at the pics in the email Super 7 sent everyone you will see they are fine.
    I don't know...even looking at the pic in the linked post to this one, they still look reversed to me, unless that's an old pic...
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know...even looking at the pic in the linked post to this one, they still look reversed to me, unless that's an old pic...
    The grey one is the one thatís been modified. But I donít see it on either one I think the biceps were just turned wrong at New York Comic Con.

Just posted on Instagram by the
    four_horsemen_studios
    Teela from the Masters of the Universe Classics Club Grayskull line! This is an early factory sample pictured. Changes are currently happening at the factory to correct paint issues and the too-wide crotch section. Hopefully final pics will be ready to share soon!!
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    four_horsemen_studios
    Teela from the Masters of the Universe Classics Club Grayskull line! This is an early factory sample pictured. Changes are currently happening at the factory to correct paint issues and the too-wide crotch section. Hopefully final pics will be ready to share soon!!
    https://i.imgur.com/1lDfFMf.jpg
    I dunno..... that chin. Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    I dunno..... that chin. Is it just me?
    I don't know but they better get that face looking gorgeous or i'm out
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

four_horsemen_studios
    It's an improvement, but something about the face is still off from Filmation. I really hope they get it right - we've waited far too long to get a proper Filmation Teela.

Also, the sword looks too chunky.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    I know a lot of people complained about the hips being too wide, and it's great that seems to be fixed...but for me it is the paint. I don't want these to come out like shiny knock-offs. The paint needs to be on par or better than the MattyCollector releases or it's a no-go on future orders.

four_horsemen_studios
    Ugh! First Tri-Klops... now Teela?!?

She looks awful! Dollar-store awful!!

It must be incredibly hard to capture the simple designs of the Filmation cartoon in three dimensions... at this scale. I think Duncan looks incredible, but his daughter is another story.

Please, Brian, 4H Studios, if you are reading this: FIX TEELA! Delay her for another year if you have to, but don't let her look as bad as this sample! This is very likely the last Teela figure we will ever get (and the ONLY Filmation version - sorry PD Teela doesn't count) so she has to be absolutely stunning!

I am happy to hear about all of the fixes that are going on with the line, but Teela is going to require more than a new crotch piece and facial pain apps...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ugh! First Tri-Klops... now Teela?!?

She looks awful! Dollar-store awful!!

It must be incredibly hard to capture the simple designs of the Filmation cartoon in three dimensions... at this scale. I think Duncan looks incredible, but his daughter is another story.

Please, Brian, 4H Studios, if you are reading this: FIX TEELA! Delay her for another year if you have to, but don't let her look as bad as this sample! This is very likely the last Teela figure we will ever get (and the ONLY Filmation version - sorry PD Teela doesn't count) so she has to be absolutely stunning!

I am happy to hear about all of the fixes that are going on with the line, but Teela is going to require more than a new crotch piece and facial pain apps...
    If they get rid of the shiny plastic I think she looks pretty good.

I think it's gonna be really exciting having these new figures in hand after all the updates.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, she's still not looking like the cartoon version to my eyes. It might just be the shiny paint.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    chin is too long and eyebrows are to thick. The eyebrows need to be thinner with an arch in the middle but if they dont fix the head shape its always going to look off.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Yeah, she's still not looking like the cartoon version to my eyes. It might just be the shiny paint.
    I don't think it's just the paint, unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    chin is too long and eyebrows are to thick. The eyebrows need to be thinner with an arch in the middle but if they dont fix the head shape its always going to look off.
    Agreed. The head shape / sculpt is way off, and the paint apps - albeit just a sample - are not good at all.

Attachment 114502

Here is a Filmation picture with her body turned in a similar manner... the ridge underneath the collar needs to sit flush with her trapezius, there needs to be a line running down the center of her armor, her upper-arm cuffs are too long, the coils around her chest need to be more rounded, and the frill at the base is too spread out. I like the way that PCS handled all of these aspects... we need something like this - in a smaller scale.

Again, I know it sounds like nit-picks... but I just really, REALLY want Super7 and the 4H to put their best foot forward on this version of Teela. Like many others, I have been waiting over 30 years to finally have a Filmation accurate Teela in my collection!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!