Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 7

Super7 Supercast Episode 7

Brian Flynn from Super7 is here to give you updates on the current state of all things Masters of the Universe. This video covers updates different brands and products from Super7. But for MOTU fans, we get updates for:
    • Skeletor glow-in-the-dark Halloween decoration - 5:32
    • Super7 MOTUC 2017 wave updated test shots - 7:16
    • Super7 MOTUC 2018 wave 1 pre-order update (Super7 wave 2) - 9:38

There isn't anything new here until he starts talking about Wave 2. He confirms a lot of the hip corrections and mentions they are still working on Tri-Klops head (no mention of the torso) and Lodar's arm band. He shows the same things we've seen in the pictures.

Nothing is new on wave 2 updates, except something big. Granita will have a new sculpt, including more details and a different paint job to match the already existing Rock People.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I'm excited to see that new Granita sculpt. I thought this one, though nice, did not really fit in well with stone/comet people.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    I'm excited to see that new Granita sculpt. I thought this one, though nice, did not really fit in well with stone/comet people.
    So excited.

Heroic Warrior
    Granita being messed with. Gonna pass on her now. No thanks. Not interested in purchasing inaccurate figures

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pleased to hear Granita's getting a better paint job to match Rokkon and Stonedar. Looks like Super7 have been listening to feedback. That's a good sign.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I am THRILLED that Granita will be getting updated sculpting details and paint apps to bring her closer to the aesthetic that matches Stondar & Rokkon!!!! Granita was the one figure that was at the top of my Want List when Super7 took over, and I was so excited to be getting her, and now it sounds like I'll be getting her in the way that I wanted her the most! HURRAY!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I am THRILLED that Granita will be getting updated sculpting details and paint apps to bring her closer to the aesthetic that matches Stondar & Rokkon!!!! Granita was the one figure that was at the top of my Want List when Super7 took over, and I was so excited to be getting her, and now it sounds like I'll be getting her in the way that I wanted her the most! HURRAY!
    I completely agree it was making me sick to think how she would look next to Stonedar and Rokkon they are a trio after all and should go together.

I don't currently have Rokkon and Stonedar, but I'm always glad to see when they give a figure a little more detail. And if I ever do pick them up I want them to match somewhat.

Did anyone catch where he said at 10:14 that Tung Lashor will come in a "cartoon style blister"? Does this mean they will be changing the packaging for Club Grayskull figures after all??? I really hope we get some clarification on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dansync View Post
    Did anyone catch where he said at 10:14 that Tung Lashor will come in a "cartoon style blister"? Does this mean they will be changing the packaging for Club Grayskull figures after all??? I really hope we get some clarification on this.
    I'm pretty sure he meant to say that Tung Lashor will come with a "cartoon style BLASTER" and said "blister" by mistake.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant to say that Tung Lashor will come with a "cartoon style BLASTER" and said "blister" by mistake.
    Ahh ok that makes more sense lol. Phew! Not ready to loose those re-sealable Club Grayskull boxes

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Granita being messed with. Gonna pass on her now. No thanks. Not interested in purchasing inaccurate figures
    She was collectors Choice anyway degra and you said you only collect Club Grayskull, that you hated Collectors Choice. I would have thought you passed on all 4 of the Collectors choice wave.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    I don't currently have Rokkon and Stonedar, but I'm always glad to see when they give a figure a little more detail. And if I ever do pick them up I want them to match somewhat.
    If you get the chance grab them. My collection is almost all sealed but those two I open and reseal weekly. I can't stop playing with them.

I want the cardboard skelly now!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    She was collectors Choice anyway degra and you said you only collect Club Grayskull, that you hated Collectors Choice. I would have thought you passed on all 4 of the Collectors choice wave.
    I was passing on them. But then those fantastic sculpts of Dylamug and Granita were revealed and I was going to get them from Shecky but now only going to get Dylamug unless they mess him up too

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Great update. Glad they are making some updates to Granita. To bad they didn't do the same for Hawke. She will look pretty odd standing next to Stratos.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Great update. Glad they are making some updates to Granita. To bad they didn't do the same for Hawke. She will look pretty odd standing next to Stratos.
    I agree. Hawke is far too Filmation-y for my liking. I don't have Stratos, so standing beside him isn't even a factor for me. I prefer CC figures to be a bit more detailed (in both sculpt and paint) than she seems from photos.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I want the cardboard skelly now!
    Same!!

Oh and Lodar looks awesome. So stoked to finally get this guy. After years of wishing I had him as a figure every time I read the minicomic!!

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Granita will have a new sculpt, including more details and a different paint job to match the already existing Rock People.
    Very disappointing news to hear I'm glad I waited to order as I now won't be ordering as many of her as I originally planned to do. I just know that Granita is going to look a mess with them trying to combine Filmation and vintage toy design aesthetics
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I finally broke down and bought that life sized Skeletor. I couldn’t pass up the free shipping.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I was really happy about the news in this edition. I think it's really cool that Super 7 is listening and watching as well as actually fixing things that needed to be fixed. To my mind this bodes very well for the entire future of Classics. Both Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Loving these updates! Hoping the end product is equally impressive.
    I hope they continue to take their time to get figures right. No rush!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    No, see, Tung Lashor will be the first MOTUC character to come complete with his own animated boo boo. Poor ol' Tung Lashor.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Be interesting to see what they do with Granita as I like the version we were going to be getting.

Great to hear that Granita is getting a more detailed sculpt! Thank you Super7!