Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney Afternoon - Action Figures by Funko

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Can I ask that if anyone sees online a comparison pic of the Funko DW with any of the vintage Playmates DW figures to post it here or PM me?

Slightly shorter and more posed to be viewed at level height. (Playmates’ faces and postures were upturned a bit.) Should be fully vehicle compatible aside from Launchpad not having the ability to sit.

Also, Mystery Mini Gosalyn is actually in cartoon scale with Darkwing. (The nephews, meanwhile, are a bit small but most of this line’s scale issues boil down to Scrooge actually being too big. Launchpad is SLIGHTLY too small. Baloo is too small but not by as much as Scrooge is too big.)

- - - Updated - - -

All culled from my search engine mad skillz.

- - - Updated - - -

One final aside: I THINK the Zootopia Tomy figures would make good diorama extras. Worth remembering that while Ducktales stuck to ducks and dogs, generally, Darkwing’s St. Canard had walruses, roosters, bulls, bears, and moles.

I have never seen anyone else suggest this but, for my money, Zootopia could easily share a universe with Darkwing. I personally think they’re closer than Darkwing is to Ducktales, aside from a few overlapping characters. Crimefighting focus, celebrity culture, urban setting with organized crime. An oddly mature perspective on lying/morality/pop culture. Fantasy violence. Slapstick comedy. Jokes about things like bureaucracy and parents who have to learn from their kids.

The tone clashes a bit with Ducktales.

Whereas if Darkwing teamed up with Judy and Nick, well... I think it would just feel like a lost Darkwing Duck episode. Or a Zootopia sequel with a super-hero thrown in. There’s not really a difference in how the two franchises approach things.

Get the elephant ice cream vendor figure from Zootopia. Put him in a Calico Critters or L’il Woodzeez food truck or ice cream shop. Pose Darkwing and Launchpad in there. Perfect fit style-wise.

I’m kinda tempted to get some Zootopia civilian figures, reacquire some Playmates bad guys. And have a little shelf where Bushroot and Megavolt have a bunch of Zootopia people held hostage in a cartoon city while Darkwing is posed to save them. Last I saw, Ollie’s had the Zootopia figures at less than half MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/hwVUMSW.jpg

Slightly shorter and more posed to be viewed at level height. (Playmates’ faces and postures were upturned a bit.) Should be fully vehicle compatible aside from Launchpad not having the ability to sit.

Also, Mystery Mini Gosalyn is actually in cartoon scale with Darkwing. (The nephews, meanwhile, are a bit small but most of this line’s scale issues boil down to Scrooge actually being too big. Launchpad is SLIGHTLY too small. Baloo is too small but not by as much as Scrooge is too big.)

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.imgur.com/MtOz78N.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/T2mHtFX.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/EoIzeX4.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/NCyf2oj.jpg

All culled from my search engine mad skillz.

- - - Updated - - -

One final aside: I THINK the Zootopia Tomy figures would make good diorama extras. Worth remembering that while Ducktales stuck to ducks and dogs, generally, Darkwing’s St. Canard had walruses, roosters, bulls, bears, and moles.

I have never seen anyone else suggest this but, for my money, Zootopia could easily share a universe with Darkwing. I personally think they’re closer than Darkwing is to Ducktales, aside from a few overlapping characters. Crimefighting focus, celebrity culture, urban setting with organized crime. An oddly mature perspective on lying/morality/pop culture. Fantasy violence. Slapstick comedy. Jokes about things like bureaucracy and parents who have to learn from their kids.

The tone clashes a bit with Ducktales.

Whereas if Darkwing teamed up with Judy and Nick, well... I think it would just feel like a lost Darkwing Duck episode. Or a Zootopia sequel with a super-hero thrown in. There’s not really a difference in how the two franchises approach things.

Get the elephant ice cream vendor figure from Zootopia. Put him in a Calico Critters or L’il Woodzeez food truck or ice cream shop. Pose Darkwing and Launchpad in there. Perfect fit style-wise.

I’m kinda tempted to get some Zootopia civilian figures, reacquire some Playmates bad guys. And have a little shelf where Bushroot and Megavolt have a bunch of Zootopia people held hostage in a cartoon city while Darkwing is posed to save them. Last I saw, Ollie’s had the Zootopia figures at less than half MSRP.
    There's always fanfiction for a crossover
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Funko should release a holiday themed set of figures in their Disney Afternoon line... based on Mickey's Christmas Carol.

Of course it would have Scrooge and Marley...

Bob Cratchit and Fred...

And Tiny Tim.

Possibly a deluxe set of the three Christmas spirits?

Christmas Past (Jiminy Cricket), Christmas Present (Willie the Giant), and Christmas Future (Pete)...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

How fun! I saw them at the Think Geek store last week and contemplated buying Baloo, Chip and Dale. Where would it end though? HA! It would be fun to have Gadget, I always loved her when I was a kid.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    My wife and I were at Barnes & Noble earlier today (or I guess technically yesterday at this point), and they had Wave 2 in stock. At first I only saw Gizmo Duck as he was in a different spot from the rest, sitting in front of some other items in the collectibles area. After hunting around, I found the rest of them all in one spot together front-to-back of the shelf, but some other random item was sitting in front of them which is why I didn't find them sooner.

These are awesome, and I'm especially glad to finally have a Gizmo Duck action figure!

So the nephew 3-pack is an utter trainwreck, apparently. They're too big, all 3 use the exact same mold with that continued stupid smile every toy in the line has by corporate mandate, and many samples are shipping out with the eyes painted horribly. Being a limited exclusive(never NEVER make main characters in the default appearance into limited exclusives!) would probably upset people if not for the minis being to better scale, otherwise I could see their limited availability putting people off from collecting the line.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    How fun! I saw them at the Think Geek store last week and contemplated buying Baloo, Chip and Dale. Where would it end though? HA! It would be fun to have Gadget, I always loved her when I was a kid.
    Me too, i thought she was cute just like Miss Kitty Mouse the dancer from Great Mouse Detective, LOL.

Now for some Gargoyles.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.