Thread: Hello from the Southern California area, Orange County

Widget

Hello from the Southern California area, Orange County

My name is Andrew, I was born in the late 80's, so I grew up mainly in the 90's, what got me into He-Man was through my older cousins, who grew up in the 80's. I'm also a fan of Transformers as well, Beast Wars is what got me into Transformers, and since then it has made be become a bigger fan of the 80's G1 animated series, well, Beast Wars and the 80's G1 animated series are the only Transformers shows i'm truly a fan of. Coicidentally, many of the voice actors from Beast Wars were also involved in the early 2000's He-Man animated series, which I thought was a great redo of the original, in many ways, better than the original, I love how they still used the old designs and colors and gave them a more realistic, edgy look. I'm also a Sentai/PR fan, well MMPR all the way, I don't follow any of the new PR shows, that was one of my early favorite shows from my childhood, and along with TMNT as well. I've been attending conventions since 2010 and since then it has become one of my favorite hobbies. I look forward to Comikaze, also known as Stan Lee's LA Comic-Con, because Alan Oppenheimer and Melandy Britt will be there, I met them both at Power-Con 2011, this time i'm gonna try to get more stuff signed by Alan Oppenheimer. Earlier this year I went to my first out of state convention, I did it to meet a celebrity who I had long been wanting to meet and I succeeded in finally getting to met her this year, i'll tell you in the discussion below.

Anyway, I look forward to being a proud, positive member of this forum.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, NerdGeekBotCon2187!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello, Andrew!! You'll definitely find many like-minded fans here who love MOTU and Transformers!! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Welcome, i hope you have fun here.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Widget
    Hi I was born in 1972 almost ideal for Motu, I didn't miss an episode when I was a kid and I remember going to toys r us and my mom and dad buying me castle greyskull

Welcome aboard, my man!

Welcome to the forums! The 200x era was a great time. There was so much energy in the air when that relaunch was taking place
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Widget
    had a great time at Comikaze, also known as Stan Lee's LA Comic-Con, met Alan Oppenheimer again, this time I got mostly Transformers stuff signed by him(because in the 80's G1 Transformers cartoon, he was Beachcomber, Seaspray and Warpath), but I got one Filmation cartoon item signed by him, he signed a Tom Cook(he was there as well) sketch of Overlord from Blackstar, Tom Cook signed it as well, the main villain from that show, who he also did the voice of, and had a similar premise to He-Man, and it came out 2 years before He-Man did.

Already got Skeletor items signed by him when I met him for the first time at Power-Con 2011.

One thing I kinda regret but I barely found out about recently, one friend told me about it, is that when it comes to getting autographs, he recommends using a paint marker instead of a sharpie, what do you think about that?

I was there too - got his and Mrs. Britt's signature in my giant He-Man Collection book thing that weights 500 lbs.

Prime Enchantress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Welcome to the boards! Have fun and enjoy your time here on the .org!

Widget
    if you were to ask me who is the number one celeb I really hope to meet someday, that is legendary voice actor Frank Welker, he is new to attending Cons, barely started in 2015, but what disappoints me is that he still hasn't done a Con in California yet.

Born 81 and i grew up in the 80s and early 90s, great times to be a kid you know and the 90s was a great time to grow up as well to be a teen.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.