Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Brian Flynn made a classics as himself?

Heroic Warrior

What if Brian Flynn made a classics as himself?

Okay so this randomly popped into my head, watching the Brian Flynn video on youtube. What if in the Next wave Brian Flynn decided to make himself into an action figure and put it as apart of the Next wave's assortment? How would most fans react? I can imagine him calling it Flynndar, with sword weapon shaped like a number seven, some crazy rad armor, and coming with a small mummy boy figure and a mini masters of the universe classics figure he can hold. How would you personally feel about it? would you welcome it as something cool? or be angry that he took a spot in the 4 figures released?
    Last edited by smalldogJr; October 28, 2017 at 02:00am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smalldogJr View Post
    Okay so this randomly popped into my head, watching the Brian Flynn video on youtube. What if in the Next wave Brian Flynn decided to make himself into an action figure and put it as apart of the Next wave's assortment? How would most fans react? I can imagine him calling it Flynndar, with sword weapon shaped like a number seven, some crazy armor, and coming with a small mummy boy figure and a mini masters of the universe classics figure he can hold. How would you personally feel about it? would you welcome it as something cool? or be angry that he took a spot in the 4 figures released?
    No. Toy Guru should never have done this and neither should Bryan Flynn. Collector’s Choice is about characters the collectors want to get that we are voting for not for this idea.

I'd be open to the notion, if not interested per se, so along as it doesn't eat up a normal slot on a wave. If it ate up one of the 4 spots in a wave, I'd be irked, to say the least.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

There are many more interesting and important figures to be released before even considering something like this imo...

Also do I want to pay around $49.99 USD plus shipping on this...not particularly....(I've already made a promise to myself to stop purchasing CG after the next wave (future wave 3), as I can't afford the prices compared to the ol' MOTUC Matty days...one of the reasons why I'm passing on some awesome CC figures like Karg)

But if it doesn't take any slots and certain fans want one, then yeah go for it. However, imo people like Alfredo Alcala are far more deserving of a MOTU figure for their contributions to the franchise...
    Last edited by GoatmanSays; October 28, 2017 at 02:28am.

He would never put a figure of himself in this line. He would unquestionably put it in that 5" MOTU 80s throwback line he is all worked up about.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Please no.

I do think Brian, like Scott, have done a lot for MOTUC. Brian seems like a great guy, though I have doubts he'd actually want this to begin with. However, if they want a figure of themselves, just have the Four Horsemen sculpt a one-of-a-kind figure for them or their family to put in their office and be done with it. There is no sensible business reason for these to be mass released. I thought Scott deserved to have his Mighty Spector or Palace Guard face, but we didn't. I also didn't care for the Fighting Foe Men names of Dawg-o-tor, Shield Maid Sherrilyn, and Ditztroyer. And we can't forget Standor.

Quote Originally Posted by smalldogJr View Post
    Okay so this randomly popped into my head, watching the Brian Flynn video on youtube. What if in the Next wave Brian Flynn decided to make himself into an action figure and put it as apart of the Next wave's assortment? How would most fans react? I can imagine him calling it Flynndar, with sword weapon shaped like a number seven, some crazy rad armor, and coming with a small mummy boy figure and a mini masters of the universe classics figure he can hold. How would you personally feel about it? would you welcome it as something cool? or be angry that he took a spot in the 4 figures released?
    Honestly this is a waste of a thread. Toy Guru has a massive ego and had himself sculpted as a palace guard head We don't need any figures of Brian Flynn in the line when there are only 4 slots for Collectors Choice each wave. There are plenty of fan favorite characters still yet unmade that need to see action figure form and that's what Collectors choice is all about.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I personally don't care if he did, but I don't see Brian doing it. Besides, it's a moot issue as there's nothing to indicate it will happen.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Wouldn't care in the least.. I'll take any motuc figure... Can always customize him , if he is not to my liking..
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Totally Dyslexic
    Like others mentioned before there were other persons who seemed to need something like that. But Brian Flynn does´t strike me as a person who needs this kind of attention.

The FOURHORSEMEN used real life persons as reference for characters before as long as it fits those characters. They can do what ever they want their creativity speaks for themselves if you ask me
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

hay guyez wat uf tehy maed fiegur of braien flan crazey rite lmaio

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    hay guyez wat uf tehy maed fiegur of braien flan crazey rite lmaio
    That's too killin teh lien!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

No disrespect to Brian but he's no Stan Lee

Heroic Warrior
    I hate the Toyguru head I have enough without another waste of resources. I always hated that they did that head instead of one that looked like a vintage MOTU face, which would have been perfect. But as has been stated, Brian is not the kind of guy who would do that. The Horsemen using his likeness as a nod on something I could see as being more likely.

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely NO.

No more self indulgent Mighty Spector figures please.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Honestly this is a waste of a thread. Toy Guru has a massive ego and had himself sculpted as a palace guard head We don't need any figures of Brian Flynn in the line when there are only 4 slots for Collectors Choice each wave. There are plenty of fan favorite characters still yet unmade that need to see action figure form and that's what Collectors choice is all about.
    I don't mind Toy Guru as the palace guard. It's a nod to the guy who made the classics line possible and you can always cover it with the face shield that attaches to the helmet. Maybe Brian's head wearing a helmet could be packed in with a future figure, expanding the palace guard gene pool. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing extra heads for all the important creators of MOTU as palace guards.

Heroic Warrior
    I’m content with Toy Guru’s presence in the line. I think it’s meritted and not without precedent. As
    For Super 7, I’m just trying to forget about them even having the license. I keep hoping it goes back to Mattel. I know it’s not a popular opinion, but I think the Matty era was a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    I’m content with Toy Guru’s presence in the line. I think it’s meritted and not without precedent. As
    For Super 7, I’m just trying to forget about them even having the license. I keep hoping it goes back to Mattel. I know it’s not a popular opinion, but I think the Matty era was a great one.
    I agree with this, except I don't care if its Mattel or Super 7 releasing figures.. I just want new figures. As far as the Toy Guru figures in the line go, people may be forgetting that the Mighty Spector was a part of the anniversary wave of new characters. I simply skipped this wave as I felt no connection those releases. I still feel like I have a very complete Classics collection, even without those SIX figures from the line.

As far as the Toy Guru face on the guard - just keep the mask on if the chin bothers you, certainly the eye balls are fine.

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

I wouldn't be bothered if his head was an extra on some army building figure. We need more bearded faces. But I don't think we need a full Brian Flynn figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Don't you think he looks like Fisto?
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I am fine with his head as a figure ala Palace Guard Scott, gives a unique head sculpt to army builders and can be covered with the mask, I am also fine with Mighty Spector, for the simple reason that, had I been in his position, I too would have given my own creation a spot. These plus Standor, Molar, all these are guys that were never part of the main sub anyway. Anyway, If Brian Flynn made a stand alone figure of himself using the MoTUC buck, sold him as a stand alone item not included in any sub, made to order, and funded with his own private funds, and sold in a poly bag, I can guarantee people would STILL be upset about it in some way shape or form.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I didn't mind TG having a cameo as a Palace Guard. You could always cover up his face with a mask. I think Mighty Spector went too far, when he already had a figure.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    As a figure out of Collector choice? I don’t care, but not part of the CC wave.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Heroic Warrior

I doubt he would do anything that egotistical.
    He already owns and runs a successful company. Unlike some, he's got nothing to prove.