Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans of Power Podcast discussion

The Champ of 87 The Horde Supreme's Avatar

Fans of Power Podcast discussion

We recorded a bonus episode with Brian Flynn last night to discuss the current status of MOTU Classics, the new Vintage line and more! check it out on Youtube here https://youtu.be/JP_F1gd6rN8

Warning: Fans of Power podcast contains adult language. Listener discretion is advised! The views of this podcast do not represent those of He-Man.Org.
    "We shall see how you fare against the awful Clawful!"

Very cool.

I can't listen to it until Tuesday, but looking forward to streaming it.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Awesome!! Please let us know what you think when get time to listen dude!

This is a great interview. Great questions asked, and in particular, great - honest, informative, concern-allaying- responses from Brian Flynn.

*applause* and sincere gratitude for all involved.

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Any chance for a summary? I'm not sure I can watch anything quite this long.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Any chance for a summary? I'm not sure I can watch anything quite this long.
    They're cancelling your BBTS order.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    They're cancelling your BBTS order.
    That saves some money.

The First 48 Minutes

1. There is a ton of news about the vintage line. Basically, there are efforts to take it to retail. That will delay it by almost a year (fall 2018). He talks a lot about his excitement for it and he hints, quite strongly, that it's a big focus for them because they think it's the only way to bring new customers into MOTU collecting.

2. He talks a lot about design issues for the figures. There's a ton of detail here, but a lot of it isn't all that new or informative (at least in my opinion). I expected his interviewers to follow up on a few things he says, but they do not, leaving some odd hanging points in the air about the PowerCon figures in particular. The gist of it, though, is that they are working very hard to make sure everything is as high quality as possible. He does imply, though, that the PowerCon stuff was the product of deliberate design choices (they wanted the heads to be impossible to remove? I didn't quite understand what he meant in this long discussion). It's an odd part of the interview.

3. They intend for the MOTUC waves to be once a quarter, alternating between CC and CG, for a total of 16 figures a year. So they would like to do 4 CC figures in the spring, 4 CG in the summer, etc. I didn't realize this was their goal.

4. Wave 1 might ship around November 28. Europe will get them first because of airmail. They are done with changes, although they haven't seen Lodar's final armband yet.

5. It's too early to reprint a CG He-Man and CG Skeletor. Others will have to give their opinion, but he seems to imply that MIGHT happen after the vintage figures are released.

I won't critique Brian here (people have probably heard enough of my opinion of his communication style), but I will say that I'm not sure what to think about MOTUC after this interview. They obviously care about the figures, but I don't think managing the line has gone the way he thought it would.

Edit:

Final Minutes

1. From minute 47 to about 50, they talk a lot about the fact that Universal owns MOTU and grants Mattel rights to make toys. Honestly, this really lead nowhere and is only of interest to IP attorneys.

2. Minute 51 to 54 he discusses the fact that they have not had discussions on '87 movie figures, but there is a small opening for them. (Modulok talks a lot during this part for some reason, meaning Brian really didn't get very specific.)

3. Minute 55 begins a discussion of Ultimates. He discusses Fisto and he isn't enthusiastic. He won't make them just to save people money. He talks about Shadow Weaver. Again, don't hold your breath. Brian contradicts himself a little in this. On the one hand, he says the Ultimates were supposed to reintroduce people to collecting. On the other hand, he says they won't do figures unless they can do them differently. Weird. I left thinking no more Ultimates, at least not in the near future.

4. He clarifies that the packaging for CC and CG won't change. Modulok talks a lot during this part.

5. Minute 59 is the wave 2 preorder discussion. There will be an email saying the preorder window will stay open until shipping of Wave 1.

He is very clear that the preorder numbers are not great. They are worse than Wave 1.

He believes that the figures as shown at PowerCon would have been fine for the "vast majority of people." However, he wants them perfect. He does criticize people who critique paint apps.

6. Minute 105 begins a long speech by Modulok about how awesome Super7 is.

7. Minute 112 begins a final discussion of the four wave plan. The next wave might be shown by March. Here at this point he says three figures per wave, although I think he misspoke. He also talks about hiring a full time customer service rep.
    Last edited by jscott991; October 30, 2017 at 09:41pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

That was a great watch. Lots of good information. I am excited to learn more about those giants. Thanks for posting.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

@jscott991, great breakdown!
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Thank you so much for that wonderful feedback!! It was an absolute pleasure talking to Brian and so surprising to get as many updates and answers as we did! Seeing that your such a Shokot fan, we’ll be doing a commentary for House of Shokoti Part 2 this Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    That was a great watch. Lots of good information. I am excited to learn more about those giants. Thanks for posting.
    Thank you and you are most welcome Greenskull!

FANS OF POWER interview Williams Stout Part 1!

This is part 1 of our interview with Production Designer William Stout on his time working on the Live Action MOTU film! Many questions addressed and answered including Snake Mountain! Download it on Podbean https://vglosers.podbean.com/e/fans-...william-stout/ and iTunes. View it on YouTube here https://youtu.be/Dlo9oGk_TZ4

FANS OF POWER episode 105 Penny Dreadful joins us!

View this week’s latest episode on YouTube https://youtu.be/HiMSXlbHgSM?t=1h47m57s

This week Penny Dreadful joins us to discuss Evil-Lyn in this week’s character bio, helps us decide the most powerful witch in MOTU, and sits in on commentary for House of Shokoti Part 2! Enjoy!

I didn't know that Stout was the production designer for the Rambo: First Blood and Conan the Destroyer films.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

FANS OF POWER podcast episode 106 is on YouTube

Episode 106 is on YouTube https://youtu.be/IODJXVvh-tU. Download it on Podbean https://vglosers.podbean.com/e/fans-...l-golden-book/. This week we take a look at the various Robots Of MOTU, discuss the Mask of Evil story book and more!
    Last edited by The Horde Supreme; November 14, 2017 at 09:11pm.

He’s worked on so many amazing films!! I was thrilled to death when we learned that he had worked on those! I could do multiple interviews just on those films alone! We learn more films he worked on in our 2nd interview!

FANS OF POWER’s William Stout Interview Part 2!

In our 2nd interview, Stout reveals some concept drawings and more stories from behind the scenes during the filming of the live action MOTU, as well as stories from other films he worked as well! You can view it on YouTube here https://youtu.be/n1WKxJzP5VY and you can download it on Podbean here https://vglosers.podbean.com/e/fans-...out-part-deux/. All episodes are on iTunes as well under Pop Culture Network.

FANS OF POWER podcast interviews Anthony DeLongis, aka BLADE!

Here’s our much enjoyed interview with the Master of Swords himself actor Anthony DeLongis! Anthony shares many stories ranging from his early career, training Michelle Pfeiffer on Batman Returns, and lots and lots discussion about his work as Blade in the Live Action film! View it on YouTube https://youtu.be/1QgOniTbnew and download it on Podbean https://vglosers.podbean.com/e/fans-...ongis-is-here/. Enjoy!

Man, I'm so far behind. I need to settle in one day so I can listen to these episodes. Sounds like good stuff!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Thank you Val!! We had an amazing experience talking to Anthony and tried to dig deep into his time on the film! At least you’ll always have some podcast binging to look forward to!

FANS OF POWER podcast interviews mini-comic illustrator LARRY HOUSTON!

We had the privilege to sit down with Larry to discuss his work on the mini-comics (Clash of Arms, Slave City, etc), his inspiration for the characters and much more! Also, we touch upon some of his other work outside the mini-comics! Larry had some technical difficulties during the interview so please forgive some of the audio issues! View it on YouTube here https://youtu.be/V1TGe0lYfF0 and download it on Podbean here https://www.podbean.com/site/search/...+Larry+Houston

We sat down with Larry again to discuss his time as director on the 90s X-Men Animated Series and the Pryde of the X-Men Pilot, as well as other Marvel Animated Series of the 80s! View it on YouTube
    here https://youtu.be/PAPvszUijzQ. It’s also available on the Podbean link posted above!

FANS OF POWER episode 107 Unofficial Leech Mini-Comic, NA Episode Commentary

Episode 107 is available on YouTube https://youtu.be/Ki8QDkLkI6s. Download it on Podbean here https://vglosers.podbean.com/e/fans-...ech-minicomic/. This week, we review the Unofficial Leech Mini-Comic (a reimagining of the original mini-comic), provide commentary for the NA episode A New Beginning, and more! Tune in for a chance to win a copy of the Unofficial Leech mini-comic!
    Last edited by The Horde Supreme; November 26, 2017 at 09:13am.

The mask that Penny Dreadful wears in that video looks just like Modulok's face.

Just listened to Stout's interview. He even mentioned the late Rodney King's name in it.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    The mask that Penny Dreadful wears in that video looks just like Modulok's face.
    Um, that was Joe wearing the Modulok mask, not me.

I had a great time. Thanks for inviting me back on, guys!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com