Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceril in Motuc

Ceril in Motuc

Ceril is an ally of He-man, in the 3 part dc comic which includes Damon and Tarrak. He lives in the Vine Jungle with his Tribe, and uses a sword in Battle. I have long suspected that Ceril was the leader of the tribe that Oolar came from in the beginning of He man and the power sword. I made a custom of him using an Oolar loin with bracer forearms and furry loots, Zodak buck, and a custom head. Such an easy character to make and you could even give him a Oo-lar spear .
    ceril1.jpg
    ceril sword.jpg
    ceril sword 2.jpg

No Sorry Not interested in such an obscure character, Not when there are so many more popular characters still yet to be made and only 4 character slots per Collectors Choice wave.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

He is a tough choice. He would be interesting to get, however I would want him as a Master if some sort, not just bff of Oo-Larr.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    No thank u. Too obscure.

Heroic Warrior
    This character is a must-have for me, along with Tarrak, Damon and Crusher.

I found out about the DC comics relatively recently, courtesy of the posters in the pre-Filmation thread. The comics are from the same era as the early minicomics and almost as important for MOTU lore.

I think the hypothesis about Ceril's connection to He-Man's tribe is pretty solid but, even if it isn't, it's certainly a theme that retrofits nicely.

And here's another idea: Could Tarrak be the court magician whose performance is cut short in The Magic Stealer! minicomic?
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    This character is a must-have for me, along with Tarrak, Damon and Crusher.

I found out about the DC comics relatively recently, courtesy of the posters in the pre-Filmation thread. The comics are from the same era as the early minicomics and almost as important for MOTU lore.

I think the hypothesis about Ceril's connection to He-Man's tribe is pretty solid but, even if it isn't, it's certainly a theme that retrofits nicely.

And here's another idea: Could Tarrak be the court magician whose performance is cut short in The Magic Stealer! minicomic?
    Certainly possibly, totally forgot about that, agreed that these 3 are musts for me. Who is Crusher, Did i miss a character from those Comics?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Certainly possibly, totally forgot about that, agreed that these 3 are musts for me. Who is Crusher, Did i miss a character from those Comics?
    The tavern brawler who tussles with Adam. I imagine him as a fellow who's good at heart and wants to join the heroic warriors but needs to learn diplomacy first. Well, that's how I see him anyway.

I'd have rather that whole tribal era be from an evil spell cast upon the kingdom and Ceril and Ooolarr really be Randor and Adam.

But that wasn't the case.
    Danielsan52

The B-52's

I could see this being a con exclusive and something made in limited numbers. Not something for the average collector, but a must for completists and die hard fans.

Hmmmn. Hmmmn.

Hmmmn.... Dont know what to say.

I think he'd make a cool exclusive, since he's so obscure that I imagine only a minority would want to buy him. Package a couple of extra heads to allow for making several tribesmen, load him with a nice accessory selection, and you've got a nice army builder that might help him sell better. I know I'd want a couple!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I could see this being a con exclusive and something made in limited numbers. Not something for the average collector, but a must for completists and die hard fans.
    He can be like Danavas/ Baron Grod type character

I keep envisioning him with black Cosmic Enforcer armor.
    Danielsan52

The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    Quick clarification - Crusher features in the first of the five DC Comics - From Eternia With Death! - not the three-parter.

He can be like Danavas/ Baron Grod type character
    Yeah, totally. Or I could see him being an exclusive on Entertainment Earth or BBTS.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    this would be a good exclusive. but i'm not sure how many would want him
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    The point at which we meet Ceril.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Curious. What is "relatively recently" in this case for you?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Curious. What is "relatively recently" in this case for you?
    About a year and a half ago. I now know there were UK editions but I never saw them as a kid. It's great to learn about this stuff now.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    About a year and a half ago.
    So was it all DC comics? The 2 specials as well as the 3-part mini-series? That you learned of recently?

I now know there were UK editions but I never saw them as a kid. It's great to learn about this stuff now.

What UK Editions about pre-filmation stories?

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    So was it all DC comics? The 2 specials as well as the 3-part mini-series? That you learned of recently?

What UK Editions about pre-filmation stories?
    I found out about the five DC comics at the same time. My remark about UK editions was just in the sense that a sterling price was printed on the front, so I assume they were issued in the UK as well as the US. I just never saw them at the time.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I found out about the five DC comics at the same time. My remark about UK editions was just in the sense that a sterling price was printed on the front, so I assume they were issued in the UK as well as the US. I just never saw them at the time.
    Hmm. Not sure if the DC miniseries was published in the UK. Atleast I haven't heard of that.

The 3-parter did get release in Finland, though it was packed all inside one covers like an oversized issue (with minor omissions).

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar

Ceril in Motuc

Hmm. Not sure if the DC miniseries was published in the UK. Atleast I haven't heard of that.

The 3-parter did get release in Finland, though it was packed all inside one covers like an oversized issue (with minor omissions).
    It was. Parts 2 and 3 were a marvel summer special I believe (reprinting DC comics!) in 1985. I used to have a copy but I sold it when I realized I already had that material in the US versions.
    Last edited by Streamside; December 19, 2017 at 10:32am.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    It was. Parts 2 and 3 were a marvel summer special I believe (reprinting DC comics!) in 1985. I used to have a copy but I sold it when I realized I already had that material in the US versions.
    Very interesting. Thanks!

The new aquaman (Jason mamoa) heads would be great for a custom of this guy