Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Terroar, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp) review by Pixel Dan!

  1. #1
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,789

    MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Terroar, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp) review by Pixel Dan!

    Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Terroar, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp) from Super7. Check it out!

    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,996
    Wow! It took a while, but I'm glad to see it's up now! Thanks for sharing!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    104
    I want to know the story with the ninja on the cardback. Is he good or evil and why didn't he get a toy?

  4. #4
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,731

    MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Terroar, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp) review by Pixel Dan!

    Heís good; his name is Slamurai which is pretty dumb but not worthy of outrage in a toy line with characters named Snake Face, Fisto, or Stinkor; he didnít get a toy for the same reasons these guys didnít get a toy back in the day; I wager he didnít get a toy in this set because he doesnít thematically fit either of the threepack themes (mini comics variants, Snake Men vs Snake Men Killer); but Iíd expect him to show up in MOTUC before too terribly long.

  5. #5
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    4,370

    MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Terroar, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp) review by Pixel Dan!

    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I wager he didnít get a toy in this set because he doesnít thematically fit either of the threepack themes (mini comics variants, Snake Men vs Snake Men Killer); but Iíd expect him to show up in MOTUC before too terribly long.
    Originally, was going to be in the set instead of Plasmar. He had to be dropped because his chest symbol (which can be seen on his vintage action feature artwork and on Axelís boxart) is totally different from Ninjorís. This would have required sculpting and tooling for an entirely new tunic. It was too cost prohibitive to do that, so he was swapped out for Plasmar.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Originally, was going to be in the set instead of Plasmar. He had to be dropped because his chest symbol (which can be seen on his vintage action feature artwork and on Axel’s boxart) is totally different from Ninjor’s. This would have required sculpting and tooling for an entirely new tunic. It was too cost prohibitive to do that, so he was swapped out for Plasmar.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More cost prohibitive than a new head for mini comic Trap Jaw?
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

    Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

    The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    104
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Why were these not made for the vintage line?

  8. #8
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    4,370

    MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Terroar, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp) review by Pixel Dan!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    More cost prohibitive than a new head for mini comic Trap Jaw?
    It would have been in ADDITION to the cost of the Trap Jaw head & belt and the new parts for Stratos. Those particular new parts were necessary in order for those characters to look right.

    Solution = do another Ď88 Character instead of the ninja.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; November 23, 2017 at 01:48pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  9. #9
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelgaard View Post
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Why were these not made for the vintage line?
    Probably because Mattel decided to pull the plug on the line at around that time, so these never made it into production. Strobo made it into a magazine story back then, but the figure was never made (nor were the others). The only figures released in Ď88 were the overseas Laser figures.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    It would have been in ADDITION to the cost of the Trap Jaw head & belt and the new parts for Stratos. Those particular new parts were necessary in order for those characters to look right.

    Solution = do another ‘88 Character instead of the ninja.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That makes sense. I had never realized that the emblem was different on white ninja guy.

    Honestly Plasmar is a cooler character. The snake pants are wild
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

    Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

    The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,236
    First of all,great review.

    Anyone know how many figures were unreleased for that last wave in 88? And all the names?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  12. #12
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Originally, was going to be in the set instead of Plasmar. He had to be dropped because his chest symbol (which can be seen on his vintage action feature artwork and on Axel’s boxart) is totally different from Ninjor’s. This would have required sculpting and tooling for an entirely new tunic. It was too cost prohibitive to do that, so he was swapped out for Plasmar.
    Oh, wow. So he was kind of the first choice in a way. That's fascinating.

  13. #13
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    6,221
    I love these guys, as it turns out.

    Being reminded of the Strobo connection being one of the last parts mix designs, and that Strobo is strongly in my Son Of He-Man contingency, Plasmar is going right in there too, with the 2 villains going on in Skeleteen's group. Only ones in fact unfortunately. heck, did they not already say in Strobo bio that he was the "Cosmic Enforcer" replacement of Son Of timeline?

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Anyone know how many figures were unreleased for that last wave in 88? And all the names?
    I believe it looked to be six figures in total - the three in the convention 3-pack, the white ninja, Strobo and a Snake Man wearing black Horde Trooper armor. I don't believe any potential names they had at the time of planning have come to light yet (outside of Strobo, who was named in a comic book story). You can read more about them and see their unused cardback art here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...tage-last-wave
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    I believe it looked to be six figures in total - the three in the convention 3-pack, the white ninja, Strobo and a Snake Man wearing black Horde Trooper armor. I don't believe any potential names they had at the time of planning have come to light yet (outside of Strobo, who was named in a comic book story). You can read more about them and see their unused cardback art here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...tage-last-wave
    Thank you!
    The robot with Sssqueeze's head falling backwards in the third pic of the first post....any word if he was to be a seventh figure?

    Man I hope these come to reality in the vintage line that super7 is doing. We have to have these final 3 figures in classics as well.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,311
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Thank you!
    The robot with Sssqueeze's head falling backwards in the third pic of the first post....any word if he was to be a seventh figure?

    Man I hope these come to reality in the vintage line that super7 is doing. We have to have these final 3 figures in classics as well.
    My take is that's just demonstrating the action feature borrowed from the Horde Trooper (since it's the same armor). It's not another character but just the same Snake Trooper falling backwards and coming apart after Strobo struck him. The head is slightly off model and resembles Sssqeeze more than Rattlor, but I don't think it's supposed to be a different character.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    My take is that's just demonstrating the action feature borrowed from the Horde Trooper (since it's the same armor). It's not another character but just the same Snake Trooper falling backwards and coming apart after Strobo struck him. The head is slightly off model and resembles Sssqeeze more than Rattlor, but I don't think it's supposed to be a different character.
    Ok ....makes sense. He looked so different. Thanks for the info. I guess we only need 2 more then. I would be up for ninja and two troopers 3 pack next year. I love these unreleased characters.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  18. #18
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    7
    Lord Gr'asp kind of looks weird with human looking feet but these are definitely some interesting looking characters.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,692
    Hopefully we'll see Slamurai and the Snake Horde Troopers as the 2018 PowerCon exclusive.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.


    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    732
    I didn't hear Dan mention it in his review, but where does Plasmar's thigh and shin armor come from? I can't for the life of me place it.

    Edit, haha as soon as I ask I realize they're Sssqueeze legs entirely.
    Last edited by sandrockgundam04; November 28, 2017 at 01:47pm.

  21. #21
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,789
    Squeeeze's legs.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •