Thread: Top Gun 2: Maverick

Top Gun 2: Maverick

Tom Cruise stopped by SDCC to drop the first official trailer for the movie and it looks awesome! I hope that it skips the current Hollyweird trends and just focuses on the story and action (of course). I loved the original. If they respect the original and the fan base I can easily see this being one of my favorite movies of the year (well 2020). What do YOU think?!? Are you ready to go back into the Danger Zone?!? Ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRHG6z7sN8
    Last edited by IceyCat; July 19, 2019 at 08:49am.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I'm not exactly a Tom Cruise fan, but I LOVE Val Kilmer, I once wrote an article for him and he sent me a copy of his music CD, Music Sessions With Mick Rossi as a gift.

I'll never forget one drama class where this girl got up and did this rather zippy dance to Danger Zone.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

They didn't show Val in the trailer, but I used to follow him on social media and I thought he said at one point he was on the set. I hope so! I also hope it is not his funeral we see in the trailer, but it may well be. I mean they are getting old and they are fighter pilots.

Edit: Yup, he is returning - Woot!

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/1...ruise-wingman/
    Last edited by IceyCat; July 19, 2019 at 08:50am.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I'll have to take my dad to see this.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'll have to take my dad to see this.
    Awww, that is cute. I lost my Dad when I was younger, but he loved this movie too.

This could be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    This could be pretty cool.
    This has the feel of TFA a rehash....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    This has the feel of TFA a rehash....
    I just mean that they made a sequel. I haven't warched the trailer yet. I would like to think it won't be a rehash.

I was so leery of this sequel so many years so late. But I am so in. My jaw dropped wide open and I got major goosebumps watching this. I loved this teaser and I honestly can't wait for this.

Stunning photography. Cruise looks like he is actually flying the fighter jet(Becuase he is!), the remix of the Top Gun theme was great, it hit me right in the feels and I loved every minute of it
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I just watched the trailer and it looks pretty good.

I just watched the trailer and it looks pretty good.
    I have a feeling, and I could be wrong, that Tom Cruise knows what fans want and he has enough clout to keep things on course. Like I said, I may be horribly wrong. I hope I am not. Cruise can be cray cray (with his alien religion and couch jumping), but he is pretty smart. From what I can tell he has not bowed down to any of this new SJW crap in media and I cannot imagine him allowing them to turn Maverick into that. If more people took a page out of the Cobra Kai book of sequels the world would be a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I have a feeling, and I could be wrong, that Tom Cruise knows what fans want and he has enough clout to keep things on course. Like I said, I may be horribly wrong. I hope I am not. Cruise can be cray cray (with his alien religion and couch jumping), but he is pretty smart. From what I can tell he has not bowed down to any of this new SJW crap in media and I cannot imagine him allowing them to turn Maverick into that. If more people took a page out of the Cobra Kai book of sequels the world would be a better place.
    Yeah I am not a huge Cruise fan but I would like to think after not doing a sequel for so long that he would not do one now and let be turned into agenda rubbish. People can say what they want about Cruise but he isn't out trying to vilify or talk down to everyone that doesn't agree with his views.
    Ireally need to finish my paint this week then can finish watching Stranger Things and Cobra Kai.

Yeah I am not a huge Cruise fan but I would like to think after not doing a sequel for so long that he would not do one now and let be turned into agenda rubbish. People can say what they want about Cruise but he isn't out trying to vilify or talk down to everyone that doesn't agree with his views.
    Ireally need to finish my paint this week then can finish watching Stranger Things and Cobra Kai.
    I have no problems with him. From what I can tell, he is a consummate professional. He knows what his fan base likes and he sticks with it. I honestly do not care what he does in his personal life as long as he is not hurting children or using his fame to hurt others.

Yeah, get back to work! Ha, JK! I hear ya. The past two days I have been feeling kind of gross (poor diet choices), so I have been a super slacker! ST and CK are awesome!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No interest in seeing this movie. I liked the original fine and even owned/own the original NES game but for me, this was a film that didn't need a sequel. I feel the original tied up everything nice and neat. While I was interested in seeing a 20-something hot shot pilot doing irrational/self destructive maneuvers during my early teens, seeing a 50-something year old doing the same things seems kind of lackluster over 30 years later. This will be an easy pass for me.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!