Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2018 predictions and reveals

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I predict Clawdeen.
    Does Galactus fart?

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    I predict Clawdeen.
    Anything can happen but no more reuseable molds under S7 banner (at least for now!), as we know ...
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

What I predict:

CC
    Hunga the Harpy
    King/Captain Miro
    Tuvar
    Baddrah

CG
    Stratos
    She-Ra
    Leech
    Grizzlor
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So, as we all know, Mattel already released the bulk of the "A-List" characters during their run with MOTUC...

My question is, how would people feel if Super7 decided to release the heavy-hitters, i.e. He-Man, She-Ra, Man-At-Arms, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, etc. BUT, in their DC Comics looks?

Would people bemoan the fact that another He-Man figure was revealed at NYTF? Would people be upset if a DC Comics She-Ra was announced before a CG She-Ra??

I can see Super7 going a route like this. There are very few big-guns left in the MOTU pantheon (although they NEED to get the rest of the vintage NA out a.s.a.p.!!), so something like this could springboard their sales, bring in new customers, while not alienating those of us who have been around since day one - because they would blend right in with the existing MOTUC!
    For a Day 1 collector like me that is already on the fence for Wave 3 because of these production problems and bait and switch figure changes, nothing would push me completely off and make me quit the line more than even more variants, like DC.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

I'm going to predict the next two Mega Construx MOTU figures are Man-at-Arms and Trap Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Talon View Post
    I'm going to predict the next two Mega Construx MOTU figures are Man-at-Arms and Trap Jaw.
    Those would both be awesome. And since they are both male characters, they shouldn't be short packed when they come out. Yayy!!

I would assume MerMan would come out before TrapJaw, but no complaints if metal mouth shows up first.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 12, 2018 at 09:59pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    What I predict:

CC
    Hunga the Harpy
    King/Captain Miro
    Tuvar
    Baddrah

CG
    Stratos
    She-Ra
    Leech
    Grizzlor
    I like your linup
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    For a Day 1 collector like me that is already on the fence for Wave 3 because of these production problems and bait and switch figure changes, nothing would push me completely off and make me quit the line more than even more variants, like DC.
    I can totally understand where you are coming from... but, there are many collectors who would jump on board because there is a He-Man, MAA, Teela, Skeley, etc. that don't cost $80+ a piece.

Plus, it would allow Super7 to mix a handful of A-List characters into the assortments to keep guys like He-Man relevant, and hopefully bring in more new collectors, while keeping the line sustainable.

As for my predictions, I really think that a (long overdue) Galactic Guardian will show up (hopefully another Space Mutant as well!)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I can totally understand where you are coming from... but, there are many collectors who would jump on board because there is a He-Man, MAA, Teela, Skeley, etc. that don't cost $80+ a piece.

Plus, it would allow Super7 to mix a handful of A-List characters into the assortments to keep guys like He-Man relevant, and hopefully bring in more new collectors, while keeping the line sustainable.

As for my predictions, I really think that a (long overdue) Galactic Guardian will show up (hopefully another Space Mutant as well!)
    We just had He-Man,Teela, Man-At-Arms, and Skeletor released between the Ultimates and Club Grayskull.

Do we know, for sure, that Super7 can make She-Ra (and other POP characters)?

I'm wondering if they can't (especially given the Netflix thing).

If She-Ra isn't in the next CG wave, then my guess is that we'll never see any POP characters.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post

I'm wondering if they can't (especially given the Netflix thing).

If She-Ra isn't in the next CG wave, then my guess is that we'll never see any POP characters.
    I believe it was mentioned that the Netflix Cartoon has no baring on if Super7 can make She-ra. They are making a vintage 5.5 inch She-Ra so that shows they can make her.
    Just because she may not be in the next wave doesn't mean she isn't coming. I'm sure Brian is reading fan feedback on Hawke & teela so before they attempt she-Ra they would want to make sure she gets done right checking the pegs to make sure the factory isn't using ones too long to attach to the crotch section etc. I feel they will do right by the Sorceress too.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Good point about the vintage. I had forgotten about the vintage She-Ra. Maybe that is a good sign.

I'm not convinced we're going to get too many more waves, so if they are going to do She-Ra, I'd prefer they do her sooner rather than later.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Because as a classics figure she has more detail than the current Club Grayskull figures so a Club Grayskull She-Ra is needed.
    More details? A few lines on the edges of the gauntlets and boots are to much details for you...

Looking at the her second version with the detailed boots, gauntlet and belt, i would get argument. For me those details make the figures more interesting but thatīs a taste thing and thatīs no reason to argue about. Taste is taste and i got an answer to my question

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Exactly. And she has duller colors, can't sit, and doesn't actually look like Filmation She-Ra the way Club Grayskull He-Man looks like Filmation He-Man

Plus, we got a cartoon-like version of Hordak in the motuc line, but we are still getting the club grayskull version - because there are plenty of differences
    Right her dress is more grey than white and yes, articulation is bad.

Oh well. I still hope for a Vintage looking detailed version of She-Ra first but hey other She-Ra is another She-ra

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I believe it was mentioned that the Netflix Cartoon has no baring on if Super7 can make She-ra. They are making a vintage 5.5 inch She-Ra so that shows they can make her.
    Just because she may not be in the next wave doesn't mean she isn't coming. I'm sure Brian is reading fan feedback on Hawke & teela so before they attempt she-Ra they would want to make sure she gets done right checking the pegs to make sure the factory isn't using ones too long to attach to the crotch section etc. I feel they will do right by the Sorceress too.
    Vintage She-Ra in 5.5 inch from SUPER 7? I thought a FILMATION adaption is in the making? Have i missed something?
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

Vintage She-Ra in 5.5 inch from SUPER 7? I thought a FILMATION adaption is in the making? Have i missed something?
    You can see her in this 'ere thread

Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    You can see her in this 'ere thread

Thank you for that link and thatīs the FILMATION-esque She-Ra i knew of. Which is not vintage at all

It even says "As seen on TV" on her card back.

Vintage for me means the other headdress the asymmetrical cut top and emblem and the longer skirt. And very important to me, no weird streaks of hair that more look like worms in real life since they donīt lay on her shoulders but stick out in strange way

And to stay on topic I hope we get see some Vintage/mini comics POP representation at Toy Fair! But i think every one knows that
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they show some really amazing stuff. After this wave being poorly received (thus far) by many fans, the line needs a shot in the arm with some strong reveals. I'm really on the fence about pre-ordering wave 2 right now, and I have everything in the line. I'm just not excited about the characters other than Merman, and if they aren't going to be dynamite figures then why spend the money?

With Mattel, even characters I didn't know or care for, I knew they'd be pretty sweet figures. Super 7 took Lodar, who was a figure I didn't know but was excited for, and made him "meh" by skipping the added paint detail on the torso for example.

So, not to be a negative Nancy, I just hope they are strong reveals. I will be heading straight to the Super 7 booth Saturday at Toy Fair and hope there's some cool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Super7 have POP characters in their current CC and CG waves,

CG Hordak, CG Tung Lashor, CC Dylamug and CC Granita.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Thank you for that link and thatīs the FILMATION-esque She-Ra i knew of. Which is not vintage at all

It even says "As seen on TV" on her card back.

Vintage for me means the other headdress the asymmetrical cut top and emblem and the longer skirt. And very important to me, no weird streaks of hair that more look like worms in real life since they donīt lay on her shoulders but stick out in strange way

And to stay on topic I hope we get see some Vintage/mini comics POP representation at Toy Fair! But i think every one knows that
    Niki you are entitled to your opinion, but that's not going to stop Super7 from making a Club Grayskull She-Ra that many fans want to see. I'm glad you are so Happy with your MOTUC She-Ra I'm happy with mine too but not for my Club Grayskull Filmation cartoon figure collection. I want her and Prince Adam, Stratos, Grizzlor, Leech & Mantenna
    Last edited by mjw41; February 14, 2018 at 07:42pm.

Catra too. Human and panther versions!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I hope they show some really amazing stuff. After this wave being poorly received (thus far) by many fans, the line needs a shot in the arm with some strong reveals. I'm really on the fence about pre-ordering wave 2 right now, and I have everything in the line. I'm just not excited about the characters other than Merman, and if they aren't going to be dynamite figures then why spend the money?

With Mattel, even characters I didn't know or care for, I knew they'd be pretty sweet figures. Super 7 took Lodar, who was a figure I didn't know but was excited for, and made him "meh" by skipping the added paint detail on the torso for example.

So, not to be a negative Nancy, I just hope they are strong reveals. I will be heading straight to the Super 7 booth Saturday at Toy Fair and hope there's some cool stuff!
    Super 7 needs more than just great reveals. Brian and Co. need to seriously address the concerns of fans from the get go at Toy Fair. An official Super 7 video would suffice, but actual Toyfair interviews would be best. I'm speaking to you Pixel Dan.

1. Why were the hips on the female figures produced incorrectly, when production was delayed and we were told they would be fixed?

2. What is the official definition/goal of both lines, Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull. Namely, why are we seeing less detailed Filmation figures in Collector's Choice??

3. Will Super 7 stop making last second color changes on figures after selling the subs? ie- Tri-Klops

I really need some confidence that these screw ups and hoodwinks aren't going to continue.

I got burned on the Power Con figures and I'm pretty ticked about how bad Hawke is. Thankfully I could care less about Filmation. But I would be livid with that Tri-Klops color bait and switch if I was.

These issues need to be fully addressed. I have still not ordered Wave 2 because of this and pretty much have both feet out the door as far as MOTUC is concerned. Super 7 really needs to step up and answer these questions if they want me as a customer and continued collector.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Court Magician
    Collectors Choice

1. Lady Slither
    2. Great Black Wizard
    3. Tug-O-War (with Blackstar head)
    4. Captain Randor

Club Grayskull

1. Fisto
    2. Prince Adam
    3. Leech
    4. Jitsu

SDCC

1. Mask of Power Demons 2-Pack

Power-Con
    1. Mini Comic Tri Klops | Slamurai | Mini Comic Teela (pink)
    2. Tony Guerrero He-Man | Red Beast | He-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Keep-MOTUC-alive View Post
    Collectors Choice

1. Lady Slither
    2. Great Black Wizard
    3. Tug-O-War (with Blackstar head)
    4. Captain Randor

Club Grayskull

1. Fisto
    2. Prince Adam
    3. Leech
    4. Jitsu

SDCC

1. Mask of Power Demons 2-Pack

Power-Con
    1. Mini Comic Tri Klops | Slamurai | Mini Comic Teela (pink)
    2. Tony Guerrero He-Man | Red Beast | He-Ra
    Your Collector's Choice, SDCC, and Power-Con predictions would be awesome! (minus the Blackstar head bit )

My guesses:
    1. Battle Blade Skeletor
    2. Illumina
    3. Lord Cholloh
    4. Joya

I'm 99% sure I'm wrong, but IMO that would be a wonderful wave.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

When does TF start? That might be valuable info to have in the opening post.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    When does TF start? That might be valuable info to have in the opening post.
    It's also very easy to Google that information. Starts on Saturday, ends Tuesday.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor