Thread: She-Ra: Progressive of Power podcast.

She-Ra: Progressive of Power podcast.

Hi everyone!

'She-Ra: Progressive of Power' is a podcast with a look at the 80s series with discussion about the political elements of the episodes. A bit different but thought provoking and very cool.

It's been going for a few months now and found it on iTunes. Interested to see what others think.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTheHonour86 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have found a new podcast but not seen any discussion about it (apologies if I am wrong.)

'She-Ra: Progressive of Power' is a look at the 80s series with discussion about the political elements of the episodes. A bit different but thought provoking and very cool.

It's been going for a few months now and found it on iTunes. Interested to see what others think.
    Season one wrapped just before the holidays and they're working on season two now -- Season one was really fun so I encourage folks (especially progressive folks) to give a listen!
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

S2 Ep1 is out!

Click here to listen to Season 2, Episode 1 of the podcast!

From their description of the episode:
    NEW TO THE NERDOLOGUES! SEASON TWO PREMIERE! Lauren and Eric look at the very beginning of He-Man and She-Ra and consider the recent Netflix documentary The Toys That Made Us with special guests Sam Wells (half-owner of Chicago's incredible vintage toy store Toy De Jour) and Tim Seeley, a guy who literally wrote the book on He-Man toys... and also, it turns out, wrote the brand bible for Netflix's forthcoming She-Ra reboot.

On the episode Lauren mentions we both made She-Ra inspired playlists in the offseason. Here's Lauren's; here's Eric's.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Episode 2 (on Loo-Kee) and Episode 3 (on Shadow Weaver) are out!

...Prof. Russell Ford, of Elmhurst College, and Prof. Jacob Torbeck (c'est moi!), of Loyola University Chicago, are the guests for episodes 2 and 3, respectively!

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power art director Elizabeth Kresin is a guest on the latest episode of "She-Ra: Progressive of Power!!"

*Warning: Some "language."*

Click here for Episode #42
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Oh, and character designer Rae Geiger was on the one before last (#41). I meant to share that here, but forgot. Thanks for picking up the slack, Tallstar!

This week’s episode, reviewing “promise,” features an interview with the target audience - 8 year old Vera knows her stuff!

https://simplecast.com/s/f30e3996

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week's episode: "Light Hope"

https://simplecast.com/s/3ab5997c?

EPISODE NOTES
    The introduction of Light Hope to Princesses of Power brings a lot of surprising and fascinating lore with it. Who better to chat with about her episode, then, than She-Ra story editor and writer Josie Campbell? (No one, that's who!) Also, if you've ever wondered about how much math writers use in their job, this episode is for you.

This week:

Eric and Lauren interview Noelle Stevenson! And have some light conversation about the finale of Season 1, “The Battle of Brightmoon.”

https://simplecast.com/s/59fdbf1e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Season of Progressive of Power begins:

Eric and Lauren return with more commentary on the new season of She-Ra (and politics!). Enjoy!

https://www.nerdologues.com/podcasts...odcast-returns