Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1872

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: February 10th - Sky Sled

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    so i'm trying to figure where this features in the timeline.
    the green goddess possesses the staff and loses it in the sands of time
    kartan, ruler of the sands of time, finds the staff
    kartan at some point turns sibor into wrap trap and buries him alive
    kartan dies and is buried, assumingly in the ways of the ancient egyptians with their possessions
    the sorcerer ka pillages kartans tomb and removes the staff
    ka who worships the evil serpertia, uses the staff to summon her and sacrifices eternians to her to maybe bring her back from some dark dimension in which she was banished
    the overlords and elders defeat ka before he is able to bring serpentia back
    the unnamed one creates the snake men and sends them to eternia
    the snake men conquer eternia
    serpentia leads hsss to the staff hoping he can resurrect her where ka failed
    grayskull begins to fight the snake men 300 years after they invade because hsss ate his brother
    the horde invades eternia and drive the snake men into hibernation
    grayskull n veena give birth to saleria, he-ro and sharella give birth to tay-lar
    the snake men free themselves from hibernation
    sharella is killed by quick flik and is reborn as the vessel for the goddess
    the truce of the three towers
    nicholas powers breaks the pact and has a child which hsss steals
    powers helps hsss raise the ancient beast serpos
    serpos and the snake men begin to conquer eternia once again
    the elders banish serpos and turn it into snake mountain
    hsss nearly defeated devours the gar advisor adi and wears his skin
    grayskull defeats the horde and in his weakened state is murdered by adi and sayrn
    the elders and zodak banish hsss and with him the staff of ka to the void
    tay-lar and saleria grow up and give birth to he-ra
    with the staff of ka hsss transforms himself into a serpentine demi god
    he-ra enters the void and retrieves the staff and gives it to the goddess
    the goddess keeps hold of it until she wills it into a cupboard in man-at-arms lab
    teela a child finds it and asks man-at-arms if she can have it and he lets her

does this about sum it up?
    I think you need to swap what you are calling the goddess and green goddess.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna need some kind of "Eternian Snake People" timeline, because with the Snake Men and Serpos and Serpent Goddesses and bad Serpent Goddesses and transformed Snake People and Kinda-Sorta Snake People I'm just downright confused...
    Yep...me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna need some kind of "Eternian Snake People" timeline, because with the Snake Men and Serpos and Serpent Goddesses and bad Serpent Goddesses and transformed Snake People and Kinda-Sorta Snake People I'm just downright confused...
    Then there is Zilora and that group.......
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    Ehhh… that one didn't work so well for me.

I'm a big fan of bios actually telling you about the person/item. Even as a kid I wanted to know what that thing was. 'XXXX used it to become more powerful' isn't much of a bio. It was always a weapon with little to no media. What does it, do? What are it's powers? why do people want it so badly?

That's what I like in bios. Telling me something exists isn't really enough. Tell me something I can work into my own play stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Also as in the Grizzlor Mini-Comic! {^)

I love the use of the phrase "seemingly at random" to temper that Scrollos Joke Page from "Homecoming".

I was (baselessly!) speculating as to the identity of The Benevolent Snake Goddess mentioned here and elsewhere. We know the Evil, Snake Men-sanctioned Snake Goddess is called Serpentia. Would the name K'yrulla (as seen on the unaltered Card Back for Masters Classics' Green Goddess) be of any use here?
    That is an excellent suggestion Snake man, love suggestions like this! socereress of serpos.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Ever since the Kobra Staff had been associated with Hsss and later named after Ka who was called "demon" and was later explicitly revealed as an evil sorcerer, I thought there was something wrong with making a weapon of one of the original Heroic Warriors (as well as the first snake symbol in the franchise) something that was originally evil.
    My solution to that was making Ka a good guy in my personal canon. I really like this solution, though. Great bio.
    Yeah its intreasting that the staff was renamed after Ka, Although Ka having Ka a good guy makes no sense, his face is hewn to the side of Snake Mtn. I guess when the elders entombed Serpos to the mountain, they also entombed Ka as well. Now this is from my presonal canon or idea of a canon, but the wolf head from Snake mtn was Ka's steed (named him Vilkas) Just made a custom of him. check it out
    vilkas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Ehhh… that one didn't work so well for me.

I'm a big fan of bios actually telling you about the person/item. Even as a kid I wanted to know what that thing was. 'XXXX used it to become more powerful' isn't much of a bio. It was always a weapon with little to no media. What does it, do? What are it's powers? why do people want it so badly?

That's what I like in bios. Telling me something exists isn't really enough. Tell me something I can work into my own play stories...
    Agreed on this why is this staff so powerful, Tell us its abilities or what it can do. So this benevolent snake goddess is the original owner of the staff, then the staff is "seemingly abandoned" i feel that is worded that way for a specific reason and this will play a part in future bios. Then it goes to Kartan, Who has something called the rod of power, never heard of this artifact before anyone else know what this is? How did Kartan lose the staff to Ka, want to hear that story. Now this part i like, the bio states that Ka "corrupts many eterians and offering them up Serpentina", Now that could mean alot of things, Was he turning into Eternians into demons, maybe this was the way creatures like Krall krall the demon.jpg .\or, Damon damon demon.jpg . Or was just to feed the Serpentina. I also wish somewhere in this the Cosmic egg or Black crystal are mentioned, artifacts associated with the Snake goddess. NoW how was King Hiss able to get the staff from Ka, it makes sense as you see Hssss with the staff in the first MOTUC Mini comic. So after he-ra retrives the staff from hiss, they say Sharella is "reborn" as the new Goddess, not sure if this is a retelling of the story of what we know that after she was hit with a posion arrow from Quick Flick, and got a blood transfusion from Mossman, transforming her into the green goddess, is this in addition to this or a retelling of sorts? Now this is a nitpick of sorts but all the weaponary that she has Sharella (sword from mini comic,bow and arrow from megator box art) and spear from action figure, mask staff from mini comic, and now staff of Ka, that is a hell of an arsenal. green goddess staff.jpg sharella.jpg quick flick1.jpg goddess_5.jpg . One missed opportunity I feel is the including something about Syballiane in this bio, I feel her staff was the staff of KA at some point, it would be cool if she was some how tied into this. sibylline03_thumb.png Theres my take on it.

@facet , that is one heck of a take.. nice read.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Yeah its intreasting that the staff was renamed after Ka, Although Ka having Ka a good guy makes no sense, his face is hewn to the side of Snake Mtn.
    There could be a lot of explanations for that. For example he could have been one of the Elders who turned Serpos to stone and sacrificed himself in the process and ended up in Snake Mountain, too. That is obviously not what happend in Classics, since Classics Ka is evil, but it is a route one could have taken.

Sybilline's staff is an interesting point. Could be connected to Ka, the Snake Men, any of the snake goddesses ... since there is no figure of her, it hasn't come up in Classics yet.

Court Magician
    This gives us more insight on the staff of KA! The powers of the staff could be many abilities or powers that the staff could do. This was a bio, that helped map a deeper and richer background for a weapon that has been in the MOTU line since conception. Thanks Gbagok and Penny

Viva, VIVA le Masters Monday!! [^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

December 2nd, 2019 bio reveal:
    Point Dread

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Viva, VIVA le Masters Monday!! [^)
    Intreasting bio, gives it a very old world feel

What's the Star Harvest?

These bios generate more questions than provide answers.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy

"...the outpost's advanced design provided the blueprint for Castle Grayskull itself when the castle's original architects found Point Dread..."

Interesting...

Where does that place The Three Towers then? The thing said to have been much older than Grayskull, and one of its towers looking like a design to base Grayskull?

Does Point Dread fit somewhere in middle of these two landmarks?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    What's the Star Harvest?

These bios generate more questions than provide answers.
    Hahah I say that to myself all the time

Widget
    this bio confuses me and doesn't give a whole lot away.
    indeed what is the star harvest? i thought Grayskull Tytus etc built Castle Grayskull or are we going back to the original bible when the elders turned the Hall of Wisdom into Grayskull after the Gar invaded Eternia through a space portal? and wasn't Grayskull a brilliant white castle until Hordak's spell to send it into Despondos? i quite like the fact it appears across time and space throughout the eternian universe though.

I'm hoping to see more about point dread on other worlds. Maybe even Sagar?
    Load the spaceships with the rocket fuel!!!

"...and it was even merged with one of its towers by the cunning wizard Skeletor"

You are making it sound like he did it on purpose. [^D

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'm starting to worry that Relay may play a large role in Space Ace's narrative...
    That should be the least of your worries.

Incidentally, here's Woock. He'll play a key role in the soon-to-be-released (and totally unstoppable) official Masters of the Universe Classics bio for the most famous and beloved character of all time: =_SPACE ACE_=. Anyway, Woock appeared in one short MOTU comic from the Italian 'Magic Boy Magazine'.He's most definitely cut from the same cloth as Mr. Myxlplyx and Bat-Mite. Know him well. You will see him again soon...

Heh.

Signed,
    Penny "Soon-to-be-Fired" Dreadful

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

Incidentally, here's Woock. ... Know him well. You will see him again soon...
    Uh Oh! [^D Thanks for the warning!

December is another (blessed) month that has FIVE Masters Mondays in it! This will give me more time to cringe... :^)

Incidentally, here's Woock. He'll play a key role in the soon-to-be-released (and totally unstoppable) official Masters of the Universe Classics bio for the most famous and beloved character of all time: =_SPACE ACE_=. Anyway, Woock appeared in one short MOTU comic from the Italian 'Magic Boy Magazine'.He's most definitely cut from the same cloth as Mr. Myxlplyx and Bat-Mite. Know him well. You will see him again soon...

Heh.

Signed,
    Penny "Soon-to-be-Fired" Dreadful

http://i.imgur.com/0VLYb15.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nQrS9QN.jpg
    Mr.Mxyzptlk

I googled it because I myself gets confused on that spelling all the time.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Mr.Mxyzptlk

I googled it because I myself gets confused on that spelling all the time.
    Ah! Thank you! I should have double-checked. I'll remember this in case I need to trick him into saying it backwards!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Ah! Thank you! I should have double-checked. I'll remember this in case I need to trick him into saying it backwards!
    I dont know it either regardless how long a Superman fan I am... I have to google it because it seems off when I read it.

Warning!
    Obviously
    Obnoxious
    Character
    Konvergence

Possible Today!

Enjoy this Masters Monday at Your Own Risk! [^)

Info You May Not Know Dept:

The character Mister Mxyzptlk (or at least his barely-pronounceable NAME) was inspired by Joe Btfsplk, the world's worst jinx, who appeared sporadically in the legendary "L'il Abner" Comic Strip. Mxy's name was originally spelled Mxyztplk. Make of that what You will. [^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; December 9, 2019 at 07:46am.

Warning!
    Obviously
    Obnoxious
    Character
    Konvergence

Possible Today!

Enjoy this Masters Monday at Your Own Risk! [^)

Info You May Not Know Dept:

The character Mister Mxyzptlk (or at least his barely-pronounceable NAME) was inspired by Joe Btfsplk, the world's worst jinx, who appeared sporadically in the legendary "L'il Abner" Comic Strip. Mxy's name was originally spelled Mxyztplk. Make of that what You will. [^)
    Nice trivia.....

December 9th, 2019 bio reveal:
    Galactic Protector Fisto

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page