Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1978

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: March 30th - Cat Mask

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    At some point I thought the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia was mostly not populated. I imagined it would be mostly wild uncharted territory or the lands inhabited by monsters or creatures that could not be governed. However, after that bio where it is mentioned that She-Ra had something to do with the inhabitants of the DH, and now this bio is reiterating that there are some dwellers that needed a beneficial government from Eternos. So, I wonder, how do the towns, cities, villages and people from the DH look like? Who they are? What specific known races in the MOTU world are from the DH? I don't remember ever heard about it in a explicit way.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

It'd be a nice point if a lot of these people from the Dark Hemisphere that got stuck due to the barrier joined up with Skeletor as warriors/foot soldiers who held a grudge against Randor because of the wall.

Great bio. Cool to hear general tataran was giving grief around the same time as pravhus. I like the last part that the council of elders held Randors brood to bring piece to the whole of eternia not just the light hemisphere, In which shera took to heart when she became in that hemisphere.

Court Magician
    Like the bio and two characters we absolutely need in Masters Of The Universe Classics King Miro and General Tataran.

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty much what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    At some point I thought the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia was mostly not populated. I imagined it would be mostly wild uncharted territory or the lands inhabited by monsters or creatures that could not be governed. However, after that bio where it is mentioned that She-Ra had something to do with the inhabitants of the DH, and now this bio is reiterating that there are some dwellers that needed a beneficial government from Eternos. So, I wonder, how do the towns, cities, villages and people from the DH look like? Who they are? What specific known races in the MOTU world are from the DH? I don't remember ever heard about it in a explicit way.

I just went on ahead and said well, there stuck there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    It'd be a nice point if a lot of these people from the Dark Hemisphere that got stuck due to the barrier joined up with Skeletor as warriors/foot soldiers who held a grudge against Randor because of the wall.

The way i see it, Eternia was split into the light and dark hemispheres 5000 years ago, so the good people of Eternia where drawn towards the light hemisphere, whilst the evil were drawn towards the dark. By the time the Mystic Wall was constructed, everybody had long since migrated and there were only evil beings and dreaded monsters left. Makes sense as to why Skeletor would easily find all the minions he needed.

On a side note, the movie script for "Grayskull" by Justin Marks (In case anybody wants to download the pdf: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4uqDPrXy0q5jZS) was where I first got this idea. Whilst I really didn't like the script (too many changes) I loved the first few pages, right up until the main title appeared. My theory is that the two halves of the power sword, buried on either side of the planet, were split as opposites (ie; good and evil) and the power of each half seeped out over millenia, influenceing the land itself as well as the people, therfore creating the light and dark hemispheres.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74
    Undoubtedly, there had to be some trapped on the Dark Hemisphere by the erecting of the wall, or those who lived their lives in some sort of gray area- the MYP series brought a neat concept into the animated world of He-Man, but didn't really go "too deep" into what that actually did to the planet.
    I also wish it has gotten more told in cartoon.

The Mystic Wall already appeared in 80s comics but the MYP made it a big point, and there is lot of story potential there...
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

What’s in store for masters Monday’s this week

February 24th, 2020 bio reveal:
    Kronis

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Widget
    interesting bio on kronis, enjoyed the fact that it give kronis a bit of background before joining the evil warriors. liked how it brought the 1986 comic character the collector into the mix too.

I really like that Kronis got a Bio! Being imprisoned by the Collector was a nice touch.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I like it......lets hope they flesh out Scychor a little bit

Nice bio on kronis not sure what the mouth of moloch is but I’ll look in the Bible tonight see if it’s in there. Cool to see Sychors name again, and the collector makes an appearance. Cool we get another infinitian to add to the mix

Widget
    moloch the evil appeared in the german interpart comic, used by the evil horde to wreak havoc on eternia, I'm assuming that this is one and the same

Who's Sychor?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Who's Sychor?
    The real name of Cy-Chop, the Evil Horde Bounty Hunter from the 30th Anniversary set of original figures that included Draego-Man and Castle Grayskullman

Loved the reference to Sychor/Cy-Chop, my personal favorite of the 30th Anniversary figures. Since Classics, I've started seeing Trap-Jaw as a counterpoint to Evil-Lyn, a major threat to Skeletor's rule that is always trying to challenge his authority (where Evil-Lyn is more scheming, Trap-Jaw is more blunt and has the strength to back it up.) The idea that there is someone out there that he betrayed and is now gunning for him (in Cy-Chop) opens a lot of fun potential plots.

Heroic Warrior
    And now we have a character name consistently misspelled in an official bio. Can anyone explain to me how that happend?

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    And now we have a character name consistently misspelled in an official bio. Can anyone explain to me how that happend?
    Which name?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Which name?
    Scychor. He is written "Sychor" in this bio every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Mistakes happen from time to time.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    a pleasant surprise. wasn't expecting another bio for him. Bur I'm glad we got it. It's nice to hear err read more about him.

the bio itself is nice.

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    February 24th, 2020 bio reveal:
    Kronis

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    First MOTUC Trapjaws Bio:

An insane criminal from the dimension of Infinita, Kronis was one of several evil warriors freed from an intergalactic prison by Keldor to bolster his ranks during the start of the Great Unrest. After serving Keldor for years, Kronis grew ambitious and raised an army of his own to challenge his master. Now a powerful Overlord of Evil, Skeletor defeated Kronis — breaking his jaw and arm, and leaving him for dead. Found and rebuilt by Tri-Klops, Kronis was transformed by him into Trap Jaw, a man armed with combat weapons and an “iron jaw!”

2017 Super7 Power-Con 3-Pack Trapjaw Bio:

Trap Jaw - Evil Cyborg Criminal with an "Iron Jaw" - When Skeletor defeated Kronis, his dark magic left the insane criminal broken and poisoned. Although Tri-Klops rebuilt Kronis into the loyal but menacing Trap Jaw, Skeletor’s poison continued to ravage his body and over time turned his blue skin into a sickly green. During a battle with the Heroic Warriors, Trap Jaw escaped through a dimensional gateway to his native Infinita where peacekeepers once more tried to capture him for his criminal past. Trap Jaw lost much of his damaged body armor, and without Tri-Klops to maintain his cybernetics, his mechanical arm became little more than a primitive club. However, the strange workings of magic caused Trap Jaw to gain trans-dimensional entry into Castle Grayskull, allowing him to temporarily absorb much of the castle’s powers. When Trap Jaw returned to conquer Eternia for himself, Skeletor joined forces with He-Man to defeat him by severing his connection to the castle’s power. Trap Jaw renewed his loyalty to Skeletor, but secretly he hungered for the power he had ever so briefly possessed.

MOTUC Cy-Chop Bio

Originally a partner with Kronis, Scychor roamed the galaxy as a mercenary and professional thief. Eventually Kronis betrayed his friend, throwing Scychor from a Boa Jet while escaping from Horde Patrol Units. Falling hundreds of feet to the surface of a small moon, Scychor was healed by rogue scientists by preserving his organs in a robotic chest and his brain in a cyborg skull. After serving the scientists for twenty years, he became a freelance bounty hunter, willing to steal, kill or betray anyone for the right price. During the Second Ultimate Battleground, Cy-Chop was hired by Hordak to bolster his forces against the Snake Men and Masters of the Universe. Using his robotic scissor blades, Cy-Chop strikes out, but only for the right price!

Hope these help anyone who wants the full Trapjaw story.
    Last edited by griffen112182; February 25, 2020 at 11:37pm.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

The Collector ( although his look changed between the two comics he appeared in)
    87788803_1024795697891806_5592425797420843008_n.jpg

The Mouth of Moloch
    87574262_498872857683942_5326029329899978752_n.jpg
    87475246_635258670638857_1392295828902641664_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mistakes happen from time to time.
    That's why I ask. If the writer looked the name up and misread, well, mistakes happen.
    If they didn't bother to look it up, that's just sloppy work.