Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2192

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: July 13th - The First Half of the Sword of Power

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    So what is the bio pic from? Also, and more importantly, what is this bio for? The "200x" Whiplash head? If so the pic looks nothing like the heads of eternia Pac. So yeah, what's that for?
    Looks to be exactly that. For the 200x-inspired head pack.

Pic is from 2002 MYP He-Man cartoon. Possibly episode "The Monster Within".
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm. Interesting.

Quite the different backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    June 1st, 2020 bio reveal:
    Disguised Whiplash

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if we'll get bios for Tuvar and Badra...

Heroic Warrior
    I'm confused when this happens. I know when whiplash betrays his people and leads skeletor into subternia and I know when two bad breaks out the evil warriors from the prison Starr but I can't place the rest

ooh think i worked it out
    Last edited by dan1980; June 2, 2020 at 12:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Looks to be exactly that. For the 200x-inspired head pack.

Pic is from 2002 MYP He-Man cartoon. Possibly episode "The Monster Within".
    Whiplash’s 200x head did not come with the head pack, it came with his figure.

Love the weirdly compelling backstory to Whiplash's extreme makeover!

Once again, I am a bit surprised, given the historical context and the fairly significant role in the story, that the name of a noteworthy past monarch (Torrant and Ceratus' late father) was not given. It doesn't affect the story being told one way or the other, really, but a name-drop is a name-drop! {^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly that was one of the things i really disliked about 200x show. All those extra species of monsters running around. When I was a kid i never assumed that whiplash or Webstor or Stinkor was one of a billion creatures just like them... I always pictured them as unique monsters like Creature from black lagoon or Frankenstein... One big bad boogeyman.... PROBABLY created through magic by skeletor to serve him, terrifying the locals till the heroes stopped them.

Making them separate species... 1) made them less unique and special. If they were killed, Skeletro could just grab another to replace them.... and 2) Typically made the stupidest and most useless members of their species and thus dropped their fear stock even lower.

I know it was said that Beastman and Merman had their own tribes... but as a kid i never saw them and never thought about them... but in 200x it was right there in your face. Wasn't a fan of that.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Oh yeah.

Still need that figure...
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

What is the bio going to be today, looking forward to it, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Yes, re reading my comment I'm embarrassed. That being said I'm still confused. The pic in the bio looks neither like whiplash toy or 200x version so I'm confused what the pic in bio is supposed to be of.

I love the idea of explaining the two heads but I'm Lee's certain after the bio what the story is.

To simplify which head is implied to be whiplashes original face and which is his father's? I'm sorta assuming the 200x face is his father's look with vintage toy head being original face but the pic in the bio doesn't really look like either.

Could a bio writer clarify intent?
    Last edited by baronterror; June 8, 2020 at 01:46pm.

June 8th, 2020 bio reveal:
    Noble Zoar

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, re reading my comment I'm embarrassed. That being said I'm still confused. The pic in the bio looks neither like whiplash toy or 200x version so I'm confused what the pic in bio is supposed to be of.

I love the idea of explaining the two heads but I'm Lee's certain after the bio what the story is.

To simplify which head is implied to be whiplashes original face and which is his father's? I'm sorta assuming the 200x face is his father's look with vintage toy head being original face but the pic in the bio doesn't really look like either.

Could a bio writer clarify intent?
    That would be guess. I remember a lot of complaints at the time that the 200x head didn't look right on the vintage body. Scale or proportions or something was just... 'off'. Like it was vintage wearing a 200x mask. So yeah, i can see them actually making that canon

Heroic Warrior
    Really loved this one. It brings a whole lot to light. Was wowed about dare in the end there. You two knock this stuff out of the universe once again.

Heroic Warrior
    so does this mean we are going the route of the mini comics where skeletor cloned the sorceress to make teela and not the sorceress got knocked up by some mysterious warrior?
    is zoar one of the gods like akslepia, serpentia, saz and hordeous?
    does this mean dare is to become a sorcerer of grayskull as well as a he-man or is it just a genetic quirk that he is able to do this?

I like that this one allows for Zoar and the sorceress' falcon form to be the same, yet separate in a fashion. That Dare and Teela can both also assume the falcon form is pretty fantastic; I quite like that! Imagine He-Ro just going all bird-form mid-battle; taht would certainly give him an interesting edge, and it would make having a mount less necessary, I guess. (He is Battle Bird!)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    so does this mean we are going the route of the mini comics where skeletor cloned the sorceress to make teela and not the sorceress got knocked up by some mysterious warrior?
    yep! Even in Teela's original classic's bio she was the 'magically cloned from the sorceress'. Which honestly i prefer. 1) I'm not a fan of the fisto thing from 200x or any other mysterious 'baby daddy' running around with or without amnesia. and 2) it gives some legitimacy as to why she would be the NEXT Sorceress. None of the other sorceresses were blood relatives, it wasn't a hereditary title... so why would Teela, a warrior captain of the guards, suddenly become chosen for the most powerful wizard around?

Cloned from sorceress means she has all that power still in her buried... she just has to access it.

My only problem with turning Zoar into a god form... is that this Zoar is known for it's turbo rocket pack. It feels very 'non' supernatural to for a deity avatar to be packing that kind of heat.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    is zoar one of the gods like akslepia, serpentia, saz and hordeous?
    does this mean dare is to become a sorcerer of grayskull as well as a he-man or is it just a genetic quirk that he is able to do this?
    Yes Zoar is one of the old gods like the others you mentioned. Great bio i like the difference between the two zoars helps explain some things. Well done

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    The pic in the bio looks neither like whiplash toy or 200x version so I'm confused what the pic in bio is supposed to be of.

That is an image of Whiplash from the MYP episode, 'Underworld'.
    I've linked to the youtube timecode where, I believe, the image originated -
    https://youtu.be/-d62nM5n_2k?t=187

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror
    I'm sorta assuming the 200x face is his father's look with vintage toy head being original face
    Yep. That's it, exactly.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Well had to go through and alter parts of my timeline to fit Zoar with the old gods, and Teela being a clone. Had to move a few things around as Skeletor cloned her because he was trapped behind the mystic wall around the time of Adam and Adora's birth and i'd guessed Teela was a very similar age to the twins. Not sure why i went with the 200X Teela origin when in her MOTUC bio it says she is a clone.

Heroic Warrior
    Another sweet bio! Thanks Penny!

Question: So how many bios do we have left now...?
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Another sweet bio! Thanks Penny!

Question: So how many bios do we have left now...?
    Gbagok wrote Noble Zoar. It's a great one, with lots of tidbits seeded into it!
    There are weekly bios approved and scheduled up until mid-November, plus Snake Mountain. Not sure exactly how many that is, offhand. It's twenty-something.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    There are weekly bios approved and scheduled up until mid-November, plus Snake Mountain. Not sure exactly how many that is, offhand. It's twenty-something.
    what then? how will i cope after that? haha

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Thanks for that! So at least we have something MOTU Classics related running until mid-Nov!
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

For a long time, as a child I hated the idea that Skeletor cloned Teela, just didn't sit well with my 80s child brain and it was never referenced in the Filmation cartoon. It always seemed to me a MOTU dark forgotten secret. Then with 200x we had rumours her father was Fisto, which at the time I really liked. But with all that's gone since then Ive come back to the idea that Teela was magically cloned, maybe using the power of the God, Zoar by Skeletor. So maybe Zoar is her true magical essence ???? combined with the DNA of the sorceress? Or would that be Goddess??? Lol. Always unanswered questions and more possibilities ! one of the reason MOTU is so rich. Anyway thanks Penny, was a great read and good to go back to the roots, which is where it seems MOTU is heading right now.

- - - Updated - - -

For a long time, as a child I hated the idea that Skeletor cloned Teela, just didn't sit well with my 80s child brain and it was never referenced in the Filmation cartoon. It always seemed to me a MOTU dark forgotten secret. Then with 200x we had rumours her father was Fisto, which at the time I really liked. But with all that's gone since then Ive come back to the idea that Teela was magically cloned, maybe using the power of the God, Zoar by Skeletor. So maybe Zoar is her true magical essence ???? combined with the DNA of the sorceress? Or would that be Goddess??? Lol. Always unanswered questions and more possibilities ! one of the reason MOTU is so rich. Anyway thanks Penny, was a great read and good to go back to the roots, which is where it seems MOTU is heading right now.

I’m excited for today’s edition of masters monday