Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 1978

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: March 30th - Cat Mask

Widget
    Looking forward to seeing what today brings. If you haven't already and you're interested, please check out my preternia timeline in the classics forum based on classic and masters Monday's bios

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    This month seems to be the month of the swords. Bring on lord dactys sword!
    My money's still on "The Spoon of Chef Allen"
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

building with MCX bricks Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Which figure did the spoon come with?
    My fan interests include: Classic Horror • Star Trek • DC Comics primarily Superman • Marx Brothers • Muppets • MOTU • Whose Line? • trance music • I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue • the historical sharpshooter Annie Oakley • fonts with kerning • bottom-posting
    My Mega Construx gallery

March 23rd, 2020 bio reveal:
    Cunning Clawful

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Nice bio! Too bad we never got a proper Classics version of Clawful's new form. The NECA statue was cool though!

Clawful was my favorite in Filmation, I never liked the 'dumb' 200X Clawful.

Also glad to see Clawful and Whiplash survived. I never understood why people insisted they died when Photog's bio simply says he 'defeated' them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Clawful was my favorite in Filmation, I never liked the 'dumb' 200X Clawful.
    Ironically, the Classics 200x Clawful (with the 200x head from the head pack) is smart in Classics canon per the bio.

Heroic Warrior
    The "stacked" Crimson Countess??? . Anyone have a picture of her? I wanna see how stacked she is

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    The "stacked" Crimson Countess??? . Anyone have a picture of her? I wanna see how stacked she is
    Staked. As in, she had a stake thru her heart. Like vampires sometimes do. Staked.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Very cool, always great to see the crimson countess pop back up. So we see what was meant by defeated in the second ugb, both went to prison starl
    . If two bad got them out why didn’t the three of them fight in the third ubg?

Evil-Lyn using a spell to increase Clawful's intelligence..... that's familiar.
    Was that an episode from 200X?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    If memory serves, that was a story planned for the 3rd season of the MYP cartoon.

*EDIT*

Here it is, as revealed what the plans were for an extended Season 2/Season 3 in a big Q&A with Ian Richter back in 2005:

100. Clawful. Why was he scripted as being so dumb?

IR: We needed some bumbling villains and decided Clawful fit the bill. We were planning a story later in season 2 where Clawful would gain intelligence via some brain tampering from Tri-Klops and almost overthrow Skeletor.
    Last edited by Shecky; March 24, 2020 at 02:03pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Staked. As in, she had a stake thru her heart. Like vampires sometimes do. Staked.
    Awww... That wasn't a very adjective or verb, but ok...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    If memory serves, that was a story planned for the 3rd season of the MYP cartoon.

*EDIT*

Here it is, as revealed what the plans were for an extended Season 2/Season 3 in a big Q&A with Ian Richter back in 2005:
    Evil Lyn did make him smart for a bit, but then he reverted back to his dumb self. Can't remember the episode. It's been a couple of years since that I watch the series

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    It's in his Classics bio. This one just goes into it in greater detail.

What might be the bio this week, think all the 200x heads have been done. Glory bird is a great candidate.

I wonder if we'll get a Bio for Whiplash's alternate head...
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Yes forgot about that one

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Since most "200x variant heads" have gotten info-card, I sure hope Whiplash will get one too. Maybe that is his cunning face too.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

March 30th, 2020 bio reveal:
    Cat Mask

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Widget
    looks like I'm updating my preternia timeline with this one

Heroic Warrior
    Mask-Ra…I can't…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    A lot to unpack here. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    March 30th, 2020 bio reveal:
    Cat Mask

And most likely some kind of update next week and the week after and the week after that and.... See what you got yourself into?

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    looks like I'm updating my preternia timeline with this one

I feel like Catra is one character who's background and purpose got really convoluted thanks to a lesser Classics bio back in the day. I could never get behind some of the Horde members being a thousand plus years old or whatnot and I guess when Catra came into the line that I had hoped a bio for her would reference her more classic toy barbarian/sorceress-like mini-comic roots (mixed with Filmation) rather than say she's from the Tri-Solar System of the New Adventures corner of MOTUdom.
    And of course this mess bleeds into the bio for her Cat Mask. I'm not envious of anyone who has to untangle some of the knots the older Classics bios tied up into the mythos, but some of these modern ones are very successful at "ironing out" some of the wonky bits in other bios. This one... I had to re-read it a few times to try to get it all straight. I do appreciate that last line, as THAT very much seems "in character" for someone like Catra, or at least how I like to imagine her.
    Last edited by zodak74; March 30, 2020 at 07:37pm.

I love that the mask was what drew the Horde to Etheria!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Great bio, now we have two ancients Saz and Mask-Ra. Question though, how do the magicats worship Saz if he is a god on eternia? Also I wonder what clawdeen looked like in her “magicat” form? Why would catra transform Clawdeen( seems like a form of punishment) for help to draw catra to Etheria.