Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 2,076 to 2,092 of 2092

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: May 25th - Havoc Staff Unbound

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    But if the brothers turned to vampires and were more like cockroach-men, what can we say about the vampiresque horde troopers we've seen (those that are not robots)? Now, I wonder if there will be a 3rd brother in Classics canon: Zodac as a brother. I've always thought Zodac is not human (look at the fins, hairy body and claws), so I wonder now if under that helmet there's a cockroach-man with antenna
    You mean these Horde Troopers?!?
    strange horde troopers.jpg

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    You mean these Horde Troopers?!?
    strange horde troopers.jpg
    Actually I mean this guy (alternate head with General Sundar, and I think they were in one of the DC comics)
    fullsizeoutput_205d.jpeg
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    He has those antenna because he can't afford Cable and won't get Netflix until a certain show goes away.
    That was a Grade-A groaner.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Actually I mean this guy (alternate head with General Sundar, and I think they were in one of the DC comics)
    fullsizeoutput_205d.jpeg
    This are that right?

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Court Magician
    I assumed that in the DC comics that horde troopers were a little bit like cybermen, hordak absorbed the souls and the meat went into making horde troopers

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    what can we say about the vampiresque horde troopers we've seen (those that are not robots)?
    In Modern DC Comics (2012-2016) it was explained they are basically Hordak's slaves, turned into demons who serve as Horde Troopers under a hivemind.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I ended up putting one of those purple demon heads on a second Sunder body to create a new Horde General.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    In Modern DC Comics (2012-2016) it was explained they are basically Hordak's slaves, turned into demons who serve as Horde Troopers under a hivemind.
    Hordak version of Darkseid Parademons.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Thanks Jukka for the explanation and motogp for the illustration from DC comics. I thought there was a vampire race in the original Horde World, but I see that's not the case. So, basically every vampire-like beings from the Horde we've seen so far (Hordak, Horde Prime, those soldiers) are mutations/artificial transformations. Now I have to assume the native race from Horde World are beings like that version of Horde Prime with the antenna. Still, I would like to see Zodac without the helmet, he was supposed to be Hordak's brother in some cannon (and I insist you just need to look at his body parts to conclude he's anything but human), but in the comic he was horrified of what Hordak had become.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Thanks Jukka for the explanation and motogp for the illustration from DC comics. I thought there was a vampire race in the original Horde World, but I see that's not the case. So, basically every vampire-like beings from the Horde we've seen so far (Hordak, Horde Prime, those soldiers) are mutations/artificial transformations. Now I have to assume the native race from Horde World are beings like that version of Horde Prime with the antenna. Still, I would like to see Zodac without the helmet, he was supposed to be Hordak's brother in some cannon (and I insist you just need to look at his body parts to conclude he's anything but human), but in the comic he was horrified of what Hordak had become.
    The only cannon the he is depicted as Hordaks brother was in that "Origin of Hordak" comic. You'll also remember from that comic that Horde Prime was his Father, not Brother, and he killed him and kept he skull as as a source of magical power. It could now be assumed in the classics line that the Skull of Power is that of Horde Lord's, their father.skull of power.jpg

May 25th, 2020 bio reveal:
    Havoc Staff Unbound

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Court Magician
    i like it but a few questions, when does Evil Lyn face off against Marzo? is it during the time of King He-man? Crita getting the staff, i'm sure in the other Havoc Staff bio that she retrieved it from Skeletor's grave? or did she go to retrieve it and then have to track it down from and take it from Despara?

Court Magician
    Im seeing a whole lot of family dynamics in this bio. So many real feelings and core ties with this. Skeletor does have love for Evil Lyn, as does her father who knew Skeletor would take the staff back. Yet another great bio from you both.

And to you all just before the bio was revealed, DC kind of took all routes with the horde troopers, demonic, cyber, beings in armor and a mix of all the above. I think DC tried to cover all horde trooper aspects either by accident or going through the motions of evolution.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    May 25th, 2020 bio reveal:
    Havoc Staff Unbound

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I really like that Havoc Staff Unbound bio, lots of interesting stuff, especially the last part about Skeleteen, Jitsu and the enmity between father and son following Skeletor's return.

I hope we'll learn more about the Skeletor/ Skeleteen relationship. I could totally see Skeleteen betraying his father at some point. I also wish that he will redeem himself and come to a truce with Dare. I'm not that fond of children necessarily following in their parents tracks or misdeeds in fiction. I always find it more interesting when characters can escape or depart from a predictable path...

I also wonder what happened to Crita after she stole the staff from Despara. I guess Evil-Lyn retrieved the staff after getting rid of Crita... But happened between these two... The bios keep teasing something about Crita's fate!

It would also be great to learn more about the Faceless One / Evil-Lyn relationship... or possibly about the influence of the Faceless One over his grand son, would he try to prevent him from becoming like Skeletor...

Lots of interesting possibities storywise. Thank you for expanding the classics mythos in such an exciting way!
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle, Sharella
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

There really is so much good content in this bio, the relationship between skeletor evillyn and skeleteen, evil-lyn and the faceless one, skeleteen and jitsu's forces, the battle between Despara and Crita for the havoc staff (how did crita win?) and Marzo and Evil-lyn( what was it about), Honestly this bio opened up more question then it did lose ends. Another question that comes into mind is why didn't evil lyn try to use the havoc staff more or try to steal it, as she is of Zalesian Bloodline, she would have the ability to unlock its full potential and wipe out her enemies with it.

Heroic Warrior
    I hate to be a negative Nancy but…this bio just piles on even more of the theme that Skeletor is nothing but an opportunist that arose with the 200X line. I much prefer the 1980s, Skeletor is a demon from Infinitia. I loved that his exact origins were more mysterious…the Havoc Staff was his, and his alone and only he knew how to use it. Even in FILMation Skeletor had some good ideas…that never worked but it wasn't all about him being an opportunistic bottom feeder steeling things from others and claiming it as his own. Skeletor is better than that - character-wise.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!