Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1613

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: November 4th - Cosmic Key

Court Magician
    This one is so cool, I always thought this creature deserved so insight. This was a superb bio with their origins and how they got to Eternia. Now all know Shokoti still lurks.

I really like this one as it ties in everything from the house of Shokoti episode, sh’gora and the sleeping beast. Like little spies These are the perfect minions for Shokoti, I like how even the skull from the episode was named kudos to that little tidbit of information. Gives us a little bit more information on all of these. Now the pool of shadows I feel like this location is is multiple spots on eternia, Shokoti’s house of darkness, where skeletor was going to sacrifice Evil-Lyn, where Marzo and Evil-Lyn where going to open a portal to despondos. Am I correct to assume these are all the same ones?

Very cool entry! I love my Darklings.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Sh'Gora?! And The Sleeping Beast??!

It IS all connected! Aa-ah-hhh!! [^)

Now that we know exactly WHERE Darklings come from (*Shudder!*), I'll never look askance at them the same way again!

Shokoti vs. She-Ra?? I want a ring-side seat for THAT match-up!

What a Production! Too awesome! [^D
    Last edited by Snake_Man; October 24, 2019 at 12:39pm.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Heroic Warrior
    House of Shokoti 1 and 2 are my favorite "one off" villain episodes…and love the Darklings! This was a fun bio!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

We All know the Thrill--

..er, DRILL.. [^)

Happy Masters Monday!

October 21st, 2019 bio reveal:
    Crucia the Dagger of Agony

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Ooo, the Creeping Horak. Now that brings back frightening memories.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Blubbor? Is that someone from before?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    I believe he was an entry (and finalist) for the Create-A-Character contest, if I remember correctly.

it’s new character, based off of a 200x concept character, confirmed by CB and Penney. 6CF1D224-2B40-478E-AEB7-798685550453.jpeg
    This is an amazing bio, love the history behind it. So couple of awesome tidbits of info, Ramlin, D07ED1BE-9CA6-4673-BBD9-A9EDA8B23965.jpg
    one of the 5 ancient wizards to help spread the ancients word, created the dagger, to murder a SORCERER of grayskull.B4047100-B00D-4144-8020-9AE0ED80889E.jpeg 27A58590-8894-447B-A350-AA3EA8F4E164.jpeg
    The age of sorrow happened a 1000 after gray-skulls fall and there was an original Vykron who was also a protector of the sword of he, which is the way it should have been from the start glad this was addressed. The one thing I waiting to hear addressed about the age of sorrow is something about King tamusk, I assume this is where he falls in the timeline of things. The creeping Hordak reappears again, fantastic. Great job once again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I believe he was an entry (and finalist) for the Create-A-Character contest, if I remember correctly.
    That was Bubblor, not Blubbor
    1BBB82B2-5EFA-406D-BD45-8CA6DC63CB63.jpg

Not sure how I feel about two Vykrons, though that might just be because I already have the arena Vykron's personality set in my head.

Not sure how I feel about two Vykrons, though that might just be because I already have the arena Vykron's personality set in my head.
    To me Vykron should have always been a “ he-man” from the past, it makes so much sense historically speaking that all past iterations leading up to the modern version we have today be given that title, and Scott messed this up. I see this as a way of correcting that mistake.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    To me Vykron should have always been a “ he-man” from the past, it makes so much sense historically speaking that all past iterations leading up to the modern version we have today be given that title, and Scott messed this up. I see this as a way of correcting that mistake.
    100% agree! I love this bio because it gives Vykron the right place this character deserves. I always ignored the gladiator/arena thing, and now I will totally erase that from my canon. For me, what I had in hand as a figure was always a He-Man.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    This is one of those bios where it was a good read, but at the end, I was like "ok... Now you guys are making this stuff up ". Mind you, all the bio are stuff that are basically "made up" when consolidating different canons / mythos into concurrent timeline, but still...

Heroic Warrior
    This bio kinda leaves me puzzled.
    So, there was a He-Man named Vykor. That's nice. But the one we got is still the gladiator, so ... it doesn't really solve anything.
    Also, most of this stuff is completely unconnected. There are three sentences about the dagger itself and one of them is only "according to the poem", so it could be complete nonsense. All the other tidbits are only tangentially related to the dagger and each other at best.

Loved the bio today! Vykron, descendant of Vikor made my day. My lineage of He-Men is validated haha. I would love to hear more about this Sorceror of Grayskull and the trials of Vykron during this time. Very much reminds me of the setting of the barbarian race salvaging the advanced tech that garnished the early MOTU lore. Love it!

Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: October 21st - Crucia the Dagger of Agony

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    This bio kinda leaves me puzzled.
    So, there was a He-Man named Vykor. That's nice. But the one we got is still the gladiator, so ... it doesn't really solve anything.
    Also, most of this stuff is completely unconnected. There are three sentences about the dagger itself and one of them is only "according to the poem", so it could be complete nonsense. All the other tidbits are only tangentially related to the dagger and each other at best.
    Well, yeah. It’s a legend that spreads over something like 7,500 years. All the dots can’t neatly connect. It’s like Greek or Norse mythology. Some of the tales contradict themselves and they don’t always make sense as a continuum. Personally I find that interesting.

I liked the bio but I don’t think the accessory itself is worth of such a lofty tale. The thing is reminiscent of those rubber knobby things you use to get gunk from between your teeth.

The Age of Sorrow is something I’m looking forward to learning more about. I wonder what this Sorcerer of Grayskull is like; I’m probably not the only one who assumed it was always it was a Sorceress who was tragically fated to spend her life in solitude within the castle’s walls.

I want a Blubbor figure.

I also appreciate the course-correction on Vykor. Though the cosplaying poseur idea is still a lot of fun too. I imagine the poseur Vykor as a foul-up who hangs out with some D-tier heroes who fail their way into helping out little villages and settlements with minor issues... I’m lapsing into my headcannon here. Maybe that’s how he ends up in the coliseum before being torn in half by Gygor.
    Last edited by hadley; October 21, 2019 at 09:21pm.

I would just like to express my gratitude that through these "bio" releases, we continue to develop and expand the MOTU lore.

Keep 'em coming, please!

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

The thing that bothers me in this heaping spoonful of "EPIC!" is the spelling of the name of the wizard Ramlin. This is not a character who has a lot of pre-existing canonical citings, so it's always good to have him turn up, as it helps to link Eternia, even in a minor way, to the far-flung Tri-Solar System, bringing disparate plot points a bit closer together. But--! When he first (and ONLY!) appeared in the New Adventures episode "The New Wizard in Town", his name was pronounced as Remlin, which even then, I was pretty sure was intended to be an anagram of "Merlin", for whatever reason the writer may have had. His name is spelled Remlin in the episode details in the DVD Collection, which I would have guessed to be the only previous time that had ever happened?

Just a minor quibble. Very pleased with the major (and fascinating!) new details put forth therein... :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I wonder what this Sorcerer of Grayskull is like; I’m probably not the only one who assumed it was always it was a Sorceress who was tragically fated to spend her life in solitude within the castle’s walls.
    A male Guardian of Castle Grayskull was seen (extremely briefly!) in a sequence of the Comic Strip Adventures! So there is some awesome pre-existing history there.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I want a Blubbor figure.
    Me too! But he's gonna be hard to pull off re-using Masters Classics "Buck" parts.. [^D

I love that we have another He-Man before Adam. This give my recent Vikron purchase a lot more legitimacy on the shelf with Wundar and Vikror.
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Happy, Happy Masters Monday! :^)

A few baseless, unsolicited observations whilst ruminating on last week's extra-groovy Bio, and awaiting Today's installment to drop:

1. "The Age of Sorrow" is, without room for debate, the most FILMation title an era of history could possibly be given. [^D

2. What if--? the Vykron of the mysterious distant past was somehow THE SAME GUY as we have witnessed meet a fairly ignoble end in Choloh's Arena? I know it's kind of a Trope, and I'm not one for random, inexplicable Time displacement, but what if, having been permanently dispatched by Gygor, our "modern" Vykron simply awoke thousands of years ago, millennia removed from anything he ever knew? Given an ultimate "do-over" for his feckless, meaningless life, he knuckles down in this past post-apocalyptic hellscape. Along the way, he scavenges some of the copious wreckage laying about, and fashions weaponry and armor much like the gear he wore in his past (future?) life, and goes on to become the champion he always halfway envisioned himself to be! Knowing what smattering of future "history" that he gleaned from reading "The Defender's Crusade", Vykron may even have been able to intercede on behalf of The Grayskull Sorcerer (the text doesn't state that the Dagger of Agony was SUCCESSFUL in the planned murder!)! This would certainly give him an "in" to becoming Guardian of The Sword of Power, and who knows what other bits of established destiny he might be able to nudge in the right direction..? [^D

There are probably all sorts of holes in this so-called "theory" (could he really be a "decendant of Vikor" in this scenario?), but I find it a little bit satisfying to speculate on the possibility... :^)
    Last edited by Snake_Man; October 29, 2019 at 11:04am.

That's a fun take, Snake_Man! I'm eager for toay's Bio!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Same here I hoping Starla

October 28th, 2019 bio reveal:
    Imp as Treasure Chest

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page