Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1659

Thread: Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: November 18th - Legendary Champion He-Man

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Masters Mondays MOTUC bio reveals: September 30th - Grayskull Weapons Rack

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    But Penny let me ask you in the timeline of things, when would they have had their children , because he died in the first ultimate battle ground by Hordak’s hand according to minicomics. And wouldn’t it have to be before she was turned into the green goddess? Can you put the time line in perspective.
    Hmm, while we didn't fully explore this in a bio, I would rather not lock it down in a forum post just in case we get the chance to write more about it. It’s entirely possible (probable?) that Tay-Larr was a little child prior to Sharella’s transformation and before He-Ro died, but who’s to say that Sharella wasn’t pregnant during her transformation into the Goddess? Or maybe she became pregnant while she was the Goddess, and the baby was born just before or just after He-Ro died? Needless to say, there are several paths available here.

As for Salaria, if we go by MYP, the child of King Grayskull and Veena was born after King Grayskull’s death, BUT we aren’t necessarily obligated to follow that in Classics.

Hopefully, we’ll get the chance to explore these things in other bios or stories, if we ever get the opportunity to do so.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; October 2, 2019 at 12:51pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

But Penny let me ask you in the timeline of things, when would they have had their children , because he died in the first ultimate battle ground by Hordak’s hand according to minicomics. And wouldn’t it have to be before she was turned into the green goddess? Can you put the time line in perspective.
    The Bio doesn't specify WHICH Gladiator this was... :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    The Bio doesn't specify WHICH Gladiator this was... :^)
    Is there more then one Gladiator?

Is there more then one Gladiator?
    There have been way more than One Man-At-Arms in Eternia's history. Stands to reason that when Gladiator (the first "Man-At-Arms" on record) died, someone else took his place.

We don't have any factual evidence of this, I'm just speculating. :^)

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I'm digging these bios, but I can't help but think that their primary purpose is to register trademarks.
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    I'm digging these bios, but I can't help but think that their primary purpose is to register trademarks.
    Establishing trademarks is simply part of the process with these bios at Mattel.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Court Magician
    Every one of these bios are a in depth new view of this rich mythos, even if it was just the Tom's, this is just as good as getting a figure.

Happy Masters Monday! :^)

Let’s hope we get Starla

Court Magician
    Today is like getting a new figure

October 7th, 2019 bio reveal:
    Havoc Staff

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Heroic Warrior
    Great bio! I also like Skeleteen's real name!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see why not use Toyguru's "Deon". "Malkyn" IS an awesome name, though. I really like it.
    Also, good bio.

Malkyn is one bad relative. ;P

Interesting bio.

So the thing is directly empowered by the Starseed, but was still originally called "The Havok Staff?" Does no one on Eternia question these names?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    I don't see why not use Toyguru's "Deon". "Malkyn" IS an awesome name, though. I really like it.
    Also, good bio.
    I forgot about that name, Deon. You are correct. That being said I do like and immediately kinda prefer Malkyn. Kinda on the nose as it could read "bad relative", but then I love the on the nose-ness of MOTU.

Remind me; was Deon in an official bio?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jokubas View Post
    Malkyn is one bad relative. ;P

Interesting bio.
    I should have read one more comment.

Court Magician
    Another great bio that helps elaborate more on the mythos, not one or two things but 3 gaps are filled. Crita was missing, then Skeleteens real name, and lastly the whole zalacia and havoc staff stuff. Thanks you two, both of you are doing such a wonderful job. Its like getting a new figure.

ill be honest, i was seriously underwhelmed by this one, such an iconic artifact, and i feel the backstory wasnt there, nothing was ever spoken about of where the skull came from, something was missing from this one. I like Malkyn better then Deon though. Although i will say it intrigues me to know that since this was a bio, then the other staffs of power that touched the starseed , could be subject of a bio, especially Evil-Lyns.
    staffs of power.JPG
    morgoth-a.jpg
    darkdream throne.jpg
    faceless one staff.jpg
    Last edited by facet; October 8, 2019 at 12:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Remind me; was Deon in an official bio?
    No, it wasn't.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

ill be honest, i was seriously underwhelmed by this one, such an iconic artifact, and i feel the backstory wasnt there, nothing was ever spoken about of where the skull came from, something was missing from this one. I like Malkyn better then Deon though. Although i will say it intrigues me to know that since this was a bio, then the other staffs of power that touched the starseed , could be subject of a bio, especially Evil-Lyns.
    staffs of power.JPG
    morgoth-a.jpg
    darkdream throne.jpg
    faceless one staff.jpg
    Well, it might be a multi-part bio though. Plenty of the characters and items get fleshed out even more in other bios where their stories are continued, with the main one being more a quick synopsis.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    ill be honest, i was seriously underwhelmed by this one, such an iconic artifact, and i feel the backstory wasnt there, nothing was ever spoken about of where the skull came from, something was missing from this one.
    I never thought that the skull was real. I always took it as just an ornament, probably made from some metal, just as the rest of the staff. And "It was a zalesian scepter and got power from the starseed" is just fine as an origin in my books.
    Your mileage may vary, of course.

It's hard to think of SKELETOR (of all people!) as a mere placeholder, knowing how deeply ingrained the connection between him and The Havoc Staff is in the minds of us fans! But then, the Zalesian bloodline didn't ask me... :^)

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    It's hard to think of SKELETOR (of all people!) as a mere placeholder, knowing how deeply ingrained the connection between him and The Havoc Staff is in the minds of us fans! But then, the Zalesian bloodline didn't ask me... :^)
    Skeletor has it again in the God Skeletor bio, so he must have gotten it back somehow.
    It might even be possible that the transfer happens in an upcoming bio... but we ain't tellin'.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Skeletor has it again in the God Skeletor bio, so he must have gotten it back somehow.
    It might even be possible that the transfer happens in an upcoming bio... but we ain't tellin'.
    AND he was back to morphing it into whatever inspiredly evil shapes he could think of (a la Laser-Light, New Adventures). I always wondered if the launcher from his "Disks of Doom" attire, or even the "Battle Blade" Skull Axe (?) were an aspect of The Havoc Staff, since it wasn't in evidence in those toy editions. I know Skeletor wielded the traditional New Adventures Staff while in Disks of Doom mode on the Show, BUT! He never had the actual Disk(s) launcher then, either!

Am I over-thinking this?? Probably. :^)

Happy, HAPPY Masters Monday!

October 14th, 2019 bio reveal:
    Darklings

And if you don't own it yet, be sure to click here to order your copy of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Character Guide and World Compendium from Dark Horse. Learn more about items mentioned in these bios, and much more.