View Poll Results: Who would you like to see in a MOTUC 1987 Film-based character subscription?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Movie Evil-Lyn

44 49.44%
  • Movie Beast Man

38 42.70%
  • Julie Winston

15 16.85%
  • Kevin Corrigan

15 16.85%
  • Detective Lubic

31 34.83%
  • Skeletor's Troopers

52 58.43%
  • Movie Teela

35 39.33%
  • Movie Duncan (Man-At-Arms)

33 37.08%
  • Movie Sorceress

30 33.71%
  • Other (Explain)

8 8.99%
  • I don't want any!

22 24.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC 1987 Film-based character subscription?

MOTUC 1987 Film-based character subscription?

After many years of waiting we are finally going to get a proper figure of Skeletor's head bounty hunter, Karg!

This got me excited to sit down and enjoy another viewing of (the criminally underappreciated) Masters of the Universe motion picture... while I was in my euphoric MOTU Movie zone, I got to thinking about Super7 and if they finally get the rights to make figures from ALL of the characters in the movie, who should they include??

In the unlikely event that a subscription is offered, or if Super7 just decides to make a wave comprised entirely of 1987 Characters, who would you like to see?

This is a multiple choice poll, and sticking to the Super7 norm of four figures per wave, please choose the FOUR characters you would most like to see!

I have purposely left He-Dolph and Skele-Frank out of this poll because I assume EVERYONE would like them included in a wave of movie figures... no, this poll is for the rest of the awesome cast of characters! Choose your favorites, and tell us all about it in the thread below!

Movie Evil-Lyn

evillyn.jpg

Movie Beast Man

beastman.jpg

Julie Winston

julie winston.png

Kevin Corrigan

kevincorrigan.png

Detective Lubic

lubic.png

Skeletor's Troopers

troopers.jpg

Movie Teela

teela.jpg

Movie Duncan

duncan.jpg

Movie Sorceress

sorceress.jpg

--------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I'd be most excited for unique characters like Julie, Kevin, and Lubic, but I wouldn't necessarily turn down movie versions of others.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I'd have to go Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Trooper, and Sorceress.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'd be most excited for unique characters like Julie, Kevin, and Lubic, but I wouldn't necessarily turn down movie versions of others.
    I'm with you. I would love to see unique characters like these, and at the same time, I would also love to see the movie versions of Teela, Duncan, and Evil-Lyn!

Man, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to choose four of these characters (and I even left out He-Man and Skeletor!!)

Troopers. Not really interested in this. If it were a reality and I saw some figures I may change my mind.

I chose Evil-Lyn, Teela, Beastman and Sorceress
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

These could never happen, and I would be perfectly fine with it.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    You really don't have to be ashamed of wanting a Courtney Cox figure... this is a safe-place after all.

Going with the poll and in the event that we get a movie He-Man vs Skeletor two pack in a battle pose packing, like Mattel’s Man of Steel Supes vs Zod 2 pack (THAT’D BE AWESOME!) I would like the first movie wave to include:

1) Teela
    2) Troopers
    3) Evil Lyn
    4) Detective Lubic

Then, Wave 2 could include
    1) Sorceress
    2) Duncan
    3) Beastman
    4) God Skeletor
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Going with the poll and in the event that we get a movie He-Man vs Skeletor two pack in a battle pose packing, like Mattel’s Man of Steel Supes vs Zod 2 pack (THAT’D BE AWESOME!) I would like the first movie wave to include:

1) Teela
    2) Troopers
    3) Evil Lyn
    4) Detective Lubic

Then, Wave 2 could include
    1) Sorceress
    2) Duncan
    3) Beastman
    4) God Skeletor
    Yes! If all of this happened, I could die a happy man!

Heroic Warrior
    The Troopers are most important to me for sure.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Definitely both versions of skeletor, as goldengod and movie wardrobe black. Evil Lyn, beast man, man at arm's & teela. I especially love them cuz they have a more future of eternia vibe to there look, as though they've aged & love the new look to their outfits.
    And of course those troopers for a army builder for skeltor. Most of all a movie proper he-man. Who wouldn't want this version? He's awesome and anyone that wants each version of he man must have this version.
    I feel it's a total win. ����
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Definitely both versions of skeletor, as goldengod and movie wardrobe black. Evil Lyn, beast man, man at arm's & teela. I especially love them cuz they have a more future of eternia vibe to there look, as though they've aged & love the new look to their outfits.
    And of course those troopers for a army builder for skeltor. Most of all a movie proper he-man. Who wouldn't want this version? He's awesome and anyone that wants each version of he man must have this version.
    I feel it's a total win. ����
    It's like you are reading my mind!!

I totally agree - 100%

Heroic Warrior
    Completely agree I have about 120 unique figures I want before any of these would ever be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Completely agree I have about 120 unique figures I want before any of these would ever be considered.
    Unfortunately, we appear to be in the minority, at least according to the poll results. Which is still mind boggling to me. Perhaps it's the desire to want things you can't currently have (since making figures based on the movie is currently prohibited).
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Unfortunately, we appear to be in the minority, at least according to the poll results. Which is still mind boggling to me. Perhaps it's the desire to want things you can't currently have (since making figures based on the movie is currently prohibited).
    I don't think it's that mind-boggling...

Skeletor's Troopers, Lubic, Kevin, Julie, heck, even Pigboy are all unique characters... and movie versions of He-Man, Skeletor and Evil-Lyn always place high in the polls. Karg is on his way because demand was strong for him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I don't think it's that mind-boggling...

Skeletor's Troopers, Lubic, Kevin, Julie, heck, even Pigboy are all unique characters... and movie versions of He-Man, Skeletor and Evil-Lyn always place high in the polls. Karg is on his way because demand was strong for him as well.
    Of course it's not mind boggling to you - you made this poll! I just don't find the movie interpretations of these characters that interesting and would prefer about 300 other figures before them. Karg was the only character I had any interest in getting after the 3 we got that were made in the vintage line. Now that he's coming, I'd be fine if the movie rights were never secured. It just seems odd to me that a movie that was largely panned by the fans gets so much support in the polls.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Skeletor's troopers are my #1 new figure that I want. I would buy at least 10 of them if they were ever made. It's been a childhood dream of mine to own them (although some customs have fulfilled that dream at least partly).

I don't think we'll ever see them, though.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I just don't find the movie interpretations of these characters that interesting and would prefer about 300 other figures before them. Karg was the only character I had any interest in getting after the 3 we got that were made in the vintage line. Now that he's coming, I'd be fine if the movie rights were never secured. It just seems odd to me that a movie that was largely panned by the fans gets so much support in the polls.
    It's probably because I was the only kid in my school that actually liked the movie when it came out... when my neighbor got the vintage Blade figure, I traded four of my figures for it! Then I begged my mom to get me Saurod and when I finally did enough chores, he was mine... I took him everywhere with me for that whole year.

I've wanted movie versions of these characters since the summer of 1987... and MOTUC seems like the best bet for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    Skeletor's troopers are my #1 new figure that I want. I would buy at least 10 of them if they were ever made. It's been a childhood dream of mine to own them (although some customs have fulfilled that dream at least partly).

I don't think we'll ever see them, though.
    Hope springs eternal!!!!!

It's what has kept me going with this line since 2008... I am an ardent New Adventures fan, and I'd love for the movie figures to happen. Both of my wants haven't come to fruition just yet, but my fingers are permanently crossed.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    It just seems odd to me that a movie that was largely panned by the fans gets so much support in the polls.
    I think the film is panned by fans who saw it as children and were disappointed that it was not a direct translation of the animated series. The film had the opposite effect on me: I liked the adaptation so much, it dimmed my enjoyment of the animated series.

Minimally, I would like the following:

HEROES
    • He-Man
    • Teela
    • Man-At-Arms
    • Sorceress/Crone Sorceress

VILLAINS
    • Skeletor/God Skeletor
    • Evil-Lyn
    • Beastman
    • Pigboy

ARMY BUILDERS
    • Comtech
    • Warlord
    • Air Centurion
    • Shock Trooper

I only have respect on the movie since it was a part of MOTU, and nothing else. I'm glad for those fans who will have Karg soon as new addition to the movie faction. I personally not a fan. I remember seeing it in the movie house and to be honest i don't recognize them.... which was kinda sad for the little kid that was me, I was really disappointed. But I respect and happy for those who did enjoy the film.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I absolutely love the MOTU movie and they've been some of my most wanted figures since Classics began!!

For the poll, I went with:

Julie Winston
    Kevin Corrigan
    Detective Lubic
    Shock Troopers

My most wanted would also include:

He-Man
    Skeletor
    God Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Pigboy
    Worruck
    Karg (Movie accurate version)
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    1) troopers!!
    2) pig boy, child or adult version
    3) lubic in eternia outfit.
    4) teela, but only because she can be turned into NA sorceress
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I absolutely love the MOTU movie and they've been some of my most wanted figures since Classics began!!

For the poll, I went with:

Julie Winston
    Kevin Corrigan
    Detective Lubic
    Shock Troopers

My most wanted would also include:

He-Man
    Skeletor
    God Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Pigboy
    Worruck
    Karg (Movie accurate version)
    Ahhhh! The possibilities!

I wonder (hope) if Brian and Co. are pursuing the MOTU '87 rights?? I would love to see these guys before the line ends...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    1) troopers!!
    2) pig boy, child or adult version
    3) lubic in eternia outfit.
    4) teela, but only because she can be turned into NA sorceress
    That's a good idea... but, I have to confess, I have wanted a movie version of Teela for a long, LONG time. There is just something about those futuristic "Buck Rogers" / "Battlestar Galactica" skin-tight body suits!

Lubic and God Skeletor are the only ones I'm interested in.