Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 wave 1 CC & CG arrival thread...

Your Teela's eyes are . . . um, intense.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

i lost excitement for these. but they arrived today.
    MAA is awesome
    hordak awesome
    triklops awesome (its the same classics head?)
    teela (longer hip peg, bummed, not awesome)
    lodar awesome
    quake awesome

anyway i was on the fence about jumping back in for the next round. but im all in. and while the plastic is different than Mattel's run, it's not as bad as the 3 pack figures. thx s7. cant wait to see what theyre working on next

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone received a confirmation email that used the payment plan? I'm wondering if using the payment plan somehow delayed getting it. I can't even get it to recognize my email to login and check on Super 7 currently

Having seen these in person at Toy Fair everyday has made waiting on them to get here now that I'm home doubly worse!

Quote Originally Posted by lovable-bill View Post
    Got my figures today. All look great except for some black smudge on Teela's face that I might be able to wipe off (gotta open her up and see), but I will definitely be contacting Super7 since I don't think I was suppose to get a figure of Undertaker cosplaying as Man-at-Arms.
    Attachment 115425
    Zombie man-at-arms is creepy, and cool!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Has anyone received a confirmation email that used the payment plan? I'm wondering if using the payment plan somehow delayed getting it. I can't even get it to recognize my email to login and check on Super 7 currently

Having seen these in person at Toy Fair everyday has made waiting on them to get here now that I'm home doubly worse!
    I used the payment plan on the set of 8. I have yet to receive a shipping email and the arrived around noon today.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I used the payment plan AND ordered odd extras too. I have not received a shipping notice.

I think someone posted that they are shipping orders out first where customers had bought full sets. It makes sense as there is no point in breaking apart full sets to complete the orders that ordered extra figures until all the complete set orders are out. Otherwise you'd have a chaotic warehouse!

Though I did have a thought... we know the full set of both CC and CG shipped from the factory in a box of all 8 figures... does that mean all 8 characters were made in equal quantities?
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I used the payment plan on the set of 8. I have yet to receive a shipping email and the arrived around noon today.
    Thanks for that update man! My nerd rage has become more manageable now

Received my 8 figure shipment today. To be honest I was pleased. You can definitely tell that the quality is not what it once was, but I keep all my figures boxed so it doesn't bother me too much. I do have to say that I must have gotten lucky, because my Teela's paint app is the best of the bunch. I was very please with her. Quake, man at arms, Lodar are all awesome as well. My biggest gripe if I were to have one would be the hap-hazard packaging of the accessories. They are in little plastic baggies in the package. Looks very thrown together, afterthought, last minute/cheap. And I am not impressed with tri-klops. Other than that, It's got me excited again for wave 2. I am REALLY looking forward to Merman.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Tri-Klops
    Tri-Klops is a big disappointment on many levels. Not a fan of that bright green. Not as bright as the internet makes it look, but I prefer the dark green.

The eyes are stuck, so I heard that I have to blow dry the visor to free it. Not a fan of that scrawnier torso. Not sure why they chose it. His head doesn't look down, so his neck looks like it's jutting out. His armor isn't removable, so that kills getting his head and armor in darker colors; we'd just get a variant in darker colors.

The best thing here is the cardback sword.

Teela
    Teela is next.

I found that Teela isn't half as bad as I was expecting--if you shut her legs. She is a huge improvement from Evil-Lyn (the crotch is too wide, her cape is too wide, the head points down perpetually and she is sloppily painted). My only real minor issue is her height. The issue lessened because I'm not comparing these with other Classics figures, only the Filmation figures. Evil-Lyn isn't that much taller (mostly because of that crotch that spreads her legs out).

Man-At-Arms
    Man-At-Arms is a pretty solid figure. I have to say, Super 7 made some strange creative decisions, but paint quality is definitely one of their biggest strengths. Duncan has the old MOTUC buck torso and features removable armor--so what happened with Tri-Klops? I love how well the armor fits. It isn't thick or fat. Super 7 has taken Mattel to school on that front!

Hordak
    Saved the best for last!

Wow. OMG, Hordak is awesome, dare I say maybe the best figure in this line so far! I love the sculpt on his face! Now THIS is the Hordak that we should have gotten a few years ago. Rather than try to create armor over a buck, S7 made an all new armor and cowled torso for Hordak. Great choice! The only issue I have would be the rocker ankles being too loose on my copy.

Even Imp has superior darker colors from the prior version. Super 7's strength is paint and it has really worked out for both Imp and Hordak himself!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Received my set of eight today and I'm thrilled love them all can't wait for wave two! Thanks Super7

Quote Originally Posted by lovable-bill View Post
    Got my figures today. All look great except for some black smudge on Teela's face that I might be able to wipe off (gotta open her up and see), but I will definitely be contacting Super7 since I don't think I was suppose to get a figure of Undertaker cosplaying as Man-at-Arms.
    Attachment 115425
    Whew! And here I was worried about crossed-eyes... glad they took care of it.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post

I did payment plan and got mine today. Received shipping notice last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Got mine today. It was exciting getting new MOTU figures again. It's a bit of a mixed bag. The Classics figures are great overall! The Filmation figures are hit or miss.

Masters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

Quakke is my favorite. So many cool details and great paint apps. Fangor turned out awesome. Hawke is pretty good. Some loose side to side movement but the rest is tight so she stands find. She had the most paint slop, though.

I actually like the green on Tri-Klops. Until I read it here, I REALLY thought Tri-Klops' visor didnt' move! I guess I'll try to blow dry it. Teela is... well, I went on about her in her thread. She's not good. Man-at-Arms is very fun though! Love his wrist blast! The green joints in his shoulders don't look that great though.

Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I have been collecting these since the 2008 SDCC and there figures are not quite the quality that they used to be. I have several with paint issues and I even have one with part of a finger print on the torso. The paint apps are sloppy and the plastic looks much cheaper and a lot more glossy than what these figures were. It's certainly nice to have these and I'm glad they're now part of the collection. But I'm honestly a little disappointed with the quality vs what it used to be.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Got mine today. It was exciting getting new MOTU figures again. It's a bit of a mixed bag. The Classics figures are great overall! The Filmation figures are hit or miss.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4695/...eb9ed342_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

Quakke is my favorite. So many cool details and great paint apps. Fangor turned out awesome. Hawke is pretty good. Some loose side to side movement but the rest is tight so she stands find. She had the most paint slop, though.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4715/...7efc46fb_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4611/...6521f646_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4720/...790b699f_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

I actually like the green on Tri-Klops. Until I read it here, I REALLY thought Tri-Klops' visor didnt' move! I guess I'll try to blow dry it. Teela is... well, I went on about her in her thread. She's not good. Man-at-Arms is very fun though! Love his wrist blast! The green joints in his shoulders don't look that great though.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4664/...99b49cbc_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4700/...67dcf90f_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4602/...0c65f620_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr
    They look amazing.

All I need to do is wait for them to ship all the way back to this side of the world.

Heroic Warrior
    Teela and Tri-Klops look awful.

The others aren't too bad at all.

It's kinda funny...with all the problems of Hawke, everyone forgot about their rage about her being the first to break the mould of "no soft goods in Classics". :-)

Still Unfulfilled, but fingers cross that I get it before the weekend.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Love Fang Or! One of the best figures yet. But my Hordak gad 2 right biceps and MAA had 2 left calves... I hope i get replacements soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I have been collecting these since the 2008 SDCC and there figures are not quite the quality that they used to be. I have several with paint issues and I even have one with part of a finger print on the torso. The paint apps are sloppy and the plastic looks much cheaper and a lot more glossy than what these figures were. It's certainly nice to have these and I'm glad they're now part of the collection. But I'm honestly a little disappointed with the quality vs what it used to be.
    This is too bad... I haven't received mine yet, but I've heard this more than once now and I am scared of getting figures that have miscellaneous paint slop, stuck parts, wrong pieces, missing paint, etc.

I am loving that Duncan figure. Almost every picture I've seen posted with him looks phenomenal, and Quakke looks like a home run too... I just wish I had the same sentiment for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    It's kinda funny...with all the problems of Hawke, everyone forgot about their rage about her being the first to break the mould of "no soft goods in Classics". :-)
    Yes! Here's hoping for a proper cape when the Sorceress gets tooled before release!

I want to be able to do more than just put her arms out to the side...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes! Here's hoping for a proper cape when the Sorceress gets tooled before release!

I want to be able to do more than just put her arms out to the side...

Yeah I never understood people wanting the two swappable wings. I want to do more than have two poses. Maybe someone will be able to customize something that works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    The "FILMation" version of King Randor did that years ago, with the cord on his necklace.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

I'm the minority here, but after seeing that group shot above, Tri-Klops actually isn't half bad with that wacky green IMO. The Filmation figures are supposed to pop and look all cartoony as if straight out of the toon and I think that color actually works when you see him with the others, especially the villains.

It gives the group a nice little contrast as well. It's not like some of those other figures don't have some pretty bright colors as well going on there. Perhaps try to look at it that way, and I'm not just saying it for the hell of it as a pass for S7. It's really not that bad IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4695/...eb9ed342_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4715/...7efc46fb_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4611/...6521f646_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4720/...790b699f_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4664/...99b49cbc_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4700/...67dcf90f_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4602/...0c65f620_c.jpgMasters of the Universe Classics by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr
    Where is that sword from Lizard Man from?
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    Where is that sword from Lizard Man from?
    That came with Oo-lar
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)