View Poll Results: How expansive should Club Grayskull get?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want every character that appeared in the Filmation cartoon series - beasts included!

20 27.78%
  • I'd just like another wave or two of the most memorable cartoon characters.

27 37.50%
  • I would be fine if it ends after wave three.

10 13.89%
  • I don't care either way! (I don't collect Club Grayskull!)

15 20.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How expansive should Club Grayskull get?

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    I could draw a line under Wave 3, since that gives us the "top" 4 good guys with the Sorceress and the finishes Skeletor's most important evil warriors with Mer-man. Just a few more waves after that would be the most I'd want from it... I love the line, but there's something nice about short lines, and being able to say that "I have the entire line" without needing an entire room to display everything.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

I'll take everything and anything Filmation. Even still, I don't think 2 or 3 waves is not enought to produce all of the characters that have broad fan support at this point.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

I will also take anything and everything. I do however feel that the characters that's already been made that's as close to Filmation as possible (a la Madame Razz, Fang Man, Kowl, Nephthu etc) don't really need another version. The POP ladies and gents and monsters do! And that is what makes this line exciting - there are two cartoons to pull from, and they've only just scraped the top off the barrel. Sure, the more peculiar characters might not draw a big crowd, but if they put them into the current waves, everybody leaves happy - like Tung Lasher. I love his character and I am very happy he got made. Now I want his buddy Rattlor. And the likes of Webstor, Whiplash and TwoBad also have to get made. They're not the big guns but they're essential (ok maybe Whiplash is more A list than B). But still, throwing these guys into the waves will be a great way to give us all the various characters that would not have gotten made. And then there's always Power-Con!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I will buy all the Filmation figures they make. I will prefer they made all the figures with the loincloth like tri klops style.
    Last edited by hhhelmsley; April 16, 2018 at 06:39am.

Core Characters. Then let Collector's Choice fill in the gaps; Count Marzo, Melaktha, Enchantress, etc.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Heroic Warrior
    I don’t collect CG, so I have no horse in this race. Glad FILMation fans are getting the version they like best.

But what about them MYP/200X figures, though?
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

I don't and won't collect CG. I simply have no interest in that aesthetic. I've written before about how I see CG as parasitic to CC, and so -- personally -- I want it go away ASAP.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    I don't and won't collect CG. I simply have no interest in that aesthetic. I've written before about how I see CG as parasitic to CC, and so -- personally -- I want it go away ASAP.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!! I think it is already too expansive. I say this due to the forcing of the Filmation aesthetic into Collector's Choice and the egregious mistake of releasing Dree Elle and Montork in CG, bypassing CC. If Super7 had kept CG in its own lane and continued with the established release pattern, I would be fine with Filmation continuing. But, it is now dominating everything outside of its parameters, and I have come to despise it. I want it to go away.
    Last edited by Donimo; April 30, 2018 at 11:05pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!! I think it is already too expansive. I say this due to the forcing of the Filmation aesthetic into Collector's Choice and the egregious mistake of releasing Dree Elle and Montork in CG, bypassing CC. If Super7 had kept CG in its own lane and continued with the established release pattern, I would be fine with Filmation continuing. But, it is now dominating everything outside of its parameters, and I have come to despise it. I want it to go away.
    ...so you're saying you'd like to see many more waves of these figures?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Widget
    I think the best option for Club Grayskull would be to focus on characters that would not benefit from being updated to the "Classics" Style - Dree Elle and Uncle Montork are two characters I feel fit the category I'm thinking of - Characters that you would want to have an exact representation of them as they they appeared on the small screen.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I completely adhere to the current S7 policy. In the example of Dre Elle and Uncle Montork, and from an aesthetic standpoint there was little to no interest in proposing them consecutively within both of the subscriptions currently exploited. I'm not opposed to see that phenomenom happening occasionnally. Exclusives aren't for everyone, and I think it's fair to sporadically reward a few fans still supporting the brand with some of these wacky characters. Now, I don't know how S7 feel about the Collector's Choice as it's supposed to serve its own eloquence but in my own perception of things, Collector's Choice should be exclusively apprehended with this sense of sophistication and, therefore, only being dedicated to characters embracing that established fact.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; August 5, 2018 at 05:35am.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

I want everything

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryf View Post
    I want everything
    I second that

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I would like they make every single figure to finish Club Grayskull line, so around 30.
    That would be nice if they can make also some beasts and vehicules, like Daymar or Collector/Basher.
    But I hope at least they will finish the Club Grayskull line.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Core characters and that's it. All the rest should go in classics like it always been.

Core Characters that appeared on the DVD artwork with a few extras thrown in.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Glancing over the forums, I keep reading this as how 'expensive' so should Club Grayskull get. My answer, Not much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Heroic Warrior
    Here is my list of characters who should be done.

Battle Cat
    Orko
    Ram-Man
    Stratos
    Prince Adam
    Cringer with articulation
    Whiplash
    Webstor
    Adora
    Bow
    Shadow Weaver

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my list of characters who should be done.

Battle Cat
    Orko
    Ram-Man
    Stratos
    Prince Adam
    Cringer with articulation
    Whiplash
    Webstor
    Adora
    Bow
    Shadow Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Core Characters that appeared on the DVD artwork with a few extras thrown in.
    yeah basically this
    but evilseed was cool in the end
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"