Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

Updated November 22, 2018:

SyfyWire has posted a five page preview of Injustice VS The Master of The Universe issue 5 from DC Comics, available on Wednesday, November 28th.

Click here to learn more on SyFy.com

--------------------
    Updated June 27, 2018:

Injustice VS the Masters of the Universe #3 coming in August
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    Batman recruited He-Man to join the battle against Superman's dictatorship, so why is Prince Adam battling him in the Oracle's lair? Has Skeletor's influence helped Superman breach new territory? Things seem dire on Earth, but Eternia is also facing a major threat -- from Darkseid!
    ON SALE 09.19.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 3 of 6 | RATED T

--------------------
    Updated May 22, 2018:

Injustice VS the Masters of the Universe #2 coming in August
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    He-Man has come to his mother's home-world to save it from a despotic ruler: Superman! As Batman plans an invasion of the Oracle to stop their suicide squads from terrorizing the populace, He-Man wanders an Earth city (in disguise) hoping to understand more of the difficulty they'll face. Meanwhile, back on Eternia, Zatanna and Swamp Thing are horrified to discover that someone else from their universe has crossed over!
    ON SALE 08.15.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 2 of 6 | RATED T

--------------------
    More MOTU from Freddie Williams II!!!

freddieart: Cats outta the bag, here's my new project with @timseeley - Injustice VS. He-Man and The Master of The Universe. A 6 issues mini series that hits shelves in July. #Heman #MOTU #Injustice #Superman #Batman #HarleyQuinn #DCComics #Mattel

Heroic Warrior
    Yes finaly!!!!! He-Man comics are back!!! He-Man is back to the DC Multiverse!!!!

Tim Seeley is the best choice for writing the Masters of the Universe!!!! He is a great MOTU fan!!! Also Freddie E Williams is returning to do the art!!!! Hopefully the crossover with Injustice could open the way to have the MOTU characters in the Injustice video game! He-Man vs Evil Superman!!! Prepare yourselves!!

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Yes finaly!!!!! He-Man comics are back!!! He-Man is back to the DC Multiverse!!!!

Tim Seeley is the best choice for writing the Masters of the Universe!!!! He is a great MOTU fan!!! Also Freddie E Williams is returning to do the art!!!! Hopefully the crossover with Injustice could open the way to have the MOTU characters in the Injustice video game! He-Man vs Evil Superman!!! Prepare yourselves!!
    I would imagine that's the plan. Why do a video game crossover if you aren't planning on putting at least some of the mOTU characters into the game.

This is ok I guess. It's nice to have *something* He-Man in comic book form, but I'd rather the stand-alone series start up again vs all of these team ups with other properties.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    This is ok I guess. It's nice to have *something* He-Man in comic book form, but I'd rather the stand-alone series start up again vs all of these team ups with other properties.
    I'd love to see that too, but I think for the "bigger picture", crossovers that will draw in a way larger audience is MUCH better for the franchise at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    This is the announcement from the DC's site:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...l-in-injustice

Six-Issue Miniseries Brings Together Characters from the Popular Digital First Comic with the Fantastic Heroes and Villains from the Classic Mattel Toy Line

DC Entertainment and Mattel are joining forces to bring fans of the INJUSTICE Digital First comics and anyone who’s ever screamed “I Have the Power!” at the top of their lungs—an epic quest for the fate of a world in INJUSTICE VS. HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE.

This six-issue miniseries will be written by Tim Seeley, who’s no stranger to writing high-octane adventure stories at DC as the writer for DC titles such as GRAYSON, NIGHTWING and GREEN LANTERNS. Seeley teams up with fan-favorite artist Freddie E. Williams II, himself no stranger to the action and dangers of Eternia, having provided the art for 2016’s HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS miniseries. Williams’ distinctive art style has also thrilled fans on other crossovers like the smash-hit BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES in 2015 and its follow-up sequel in 2017.

Believing He-Man and the Masters of the Universe defeated, a robotic impostor has seized control of Eternia—but not for long! After freeing his kingdom from this strongman’s rule, He-Man learns not everyone is pleased to see the pretender deposed—but Adam knows the value of freedom. When heroes from another dimension ask his aid in deposing a superhero turned dictator, he agrees. Teaming up with Batman against the Superman of the Injustice Universe, He-Man and his new allies face dangerous and familiar enemies in a battle where no world is safe! "

FAKER CONFIRMED!!!

Also Tim Seeley has more additional info on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...22705781346304

And a picture of Lt. Andra. Hmmm. Could she be in the crossover???

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'd love to see that too, but I think for the "bigger picture", crossovers that will draw in a way larger audience is MUCH better for the franchise at this point.
    If that's the case and the MOTU characters appear in the Injustice video game, this will be an important advertisement for the franchise!
    Last edited by granamyr80; April 16, 2018 at 02:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I completely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I would imagine that's the plan. Why do a video game crossover if you aren't planning on putting at least some of the mOTU characters into the game.
    I'm under the impression that Injustice is done adding characters. If that's the case, this only exists to hold on to the MOTU license, which...kinda sucks. I'd love to play as He-Man in a fighting game, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, and makes me feel this storyline is a complete waste. I guess we'll have to see.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________
    Drak: Snake Mountain. It sounds so glamorous. Tell me about it.
    Skeletor: Well, it's, it's a dark and dismal.
    Trap Jaw: W-w-with slimey walls. Ugh!
    Whiplash: And strange, ugly creatures scurrying around.
    Skeletor: Just like any home, really.

This is great news.

I have enjoyed the modern DC comics, both the crossovers and the standalone.

Hmmn. Weird. Tie in with the Videogame version of DC? Sure, whatever, as long as it means some He-Man & Friends, I dont even care if it's good, frankly.

At least it should look cool. I'm down. And Surprised.

Frankly I'm still burned about not being able to finish the Thundercats crossover (as my local shop ordered WAY too few and I missed the last...3? maybe) and since I have some I cannot buy the trade...still trying to track down the last half of the run.

Still, hopefully this comic will be in stock when I am able to find the time to go to the shop...sigh.

Umm... Sure, why not? But if I buy enough of these, will it get Dark Horse interested in some more hardcover books?

Finally. I'm excited.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Rad!

Hoping this leads to a new stand alone MOTU monthly title... fingers crossed.
    Editor of DWAS publication Cosmic Masque - www.dwasonline.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Tim said that the Injustice/He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a sorts of a sequel of the He-Man/Thundercats crossover. So basically the two crossovers could be conisdered part of the same continuity. Could this be a chance for a Thundercats cameo to the Injustice universe? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Tim said that the Injustice/He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a sorts of a sequel of the He-Man/Thundercats crossover. So basically the two crossovers could be conisdered part of the same continuity. Could this be a chance for a Thundercats cameo to the Injustice universe? Who knows?
    That perspective made me reread the 2004 Superman Thundercats crossover. I love that it it keep circling back to MOTU, Superman and Thundercats.

Love that in metropolis there is a Lion O and He-Man hydrid action figure that made a cameo for 2 panels. Looks like designed by 4H too.

The day gets better and better with motu news.

Glad to see that this art is continuing. I think it fits MOTU like a glove. Hopefully, one day, we can have another solo He-Man series.

why they are still using the guy form pencils.
    His draw stinks
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKTRON View Post
    why they are still using the guy form pencils.
    His draw stinks
    Majority of people like his style as well as the producers over at DC Comics and Mattel. Personally I like Freddie's work. But you are certainly not alone in disliking it. Can't please everyone; art is subjective.

Heroic Warrior
    I just love that they are in their classic 'toy' forms... with the filmation sword of all things. It's like my #1 perfect He-man EVER!!!

And yes... if they get some Masters in into that game, I WILL buy it. I'll have to get the system to play it on too... but I WILL buy it!!

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder what will be the catalyst for He-Man's "Injustified" design.....sword upgrade; something on Earth; a what-if one panel or cover shot but not story related; something else

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    I wonder what will be the catalyst for He-Man's "Injustified" design.....sword upgrade; something on Earth; a what-if one panel or cover shot but not story related; something else
    Perhaps something on Earth. An armor made by Batman perhaps? A Kryptonian armor? Let's not forget that in this story, the bad guy is not the usual Skeletor, but an Evil Superman.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    I love the classic costume for He-man so much, I would hate for an 'injustified' version.... Though I have said that repeatedly about the classic heroes too. My biggest complaint is that at least ONE of the skins aren't the CLASSIC costumes... the best we get is 'close but still updated' garbage.

For He-man I'd love if he's offered something from Batman and declines it, just going with some good old fashioned Battle Armor, Thunder Punch or even New52 He-man designs for his 'upgrades'.

Nice interview. Those guy has a lot of passion and respect to what they are working to. MOTU and DC are in good hands with those two.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    coolness.

thanks granamyr80
    Thanks Jukka.

The official cover of Injustice vs Masters of the Universe #2, with the DC logo, and the names of the creative team, was released by Comixology! He-Man vs Superman round 3!

Link:
    https://www.comixology.eu/Injustice-...l-comic/704746

- - - Updated - - -

The Injustice vs Masters of the Universe #2 Preview is here!!! By Newsarama!!!

https://www.newsarama.com/41313-he-m...od-dreams.html

\

Great Preview!

- We have a great open with Avion being attacked by Steppenwolf and Darkseid's parademons! Also Hawke appears and she lead the warriors of Avion!!!

- Back on Earth, Batman (who must be Damian, since Jason Todd is there too, and Harley Quinn continues to call him 'babybat"), gave us more info about Brainiac's technology, the Black Oracle and how it works and he also reveals his plan to strike the Black Oracle's base. He-Man is the "wild card" for Batman to eliminate Superman permanently. This is something that Adam doesn't like, since he feels more like an assassin to Batman's plan. Also he doesn't seem convinced that Clark is the kind of man that Batman believes, which actually may lead to some interesting inner struggle for He-Man. Teela is the one that brings Adam to consider how is the feeling to partecipate in a war as a soldier, and what the war could bring. Very interesting moment for He-Man's character, and intrigued to see how this will be played.

Injustice vs MOTU #2 IS COMING OUT THIS WEDNESDAY!
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 10, 2018 at 03:38pm.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Sorta digging that nod to ”The Sunbird Legacy” where Avion folk were basically depicted like DC Hawkman. Wings on their backs. I don’t recall if they were depicted in this way anywhere else. Making this nod even more special.

Also; will all chapter titles be nods to past MOTU titles? Cause thats pretty fun detail too. Rob David I think did a bit similar with ending tags on some stories use homage titles/references.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!