Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

I can't wait for my copy of Injustice Versus MOTU to arrive in the mail, I hadn't been able to order it before (things hadn't been so great for me lately but they should be fine now), I'm expecting it in a parcel that's coming with the She-Ra: Origins Of A Hero novel, the 3 x 4 CD featuring three new singles by The Bangles, and the Rise Of The TMNT DVD. Who knew Amazon Prime could be so awesome, I would have subscribed ages ago if I had known. My parcel should be arriving between now and Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

My parcel arrived a day early, I'm catching up!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

After watching "The Boys" on Amazon, I now would REALLY prefer to see a Homelander vs. He-Man story. The evil Supes in Injustice really didn't live up to the hype, but Homelander is downright scary!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I just got the TPB in this weekend. I read the first issue last night. I really enjoyed it and i'm excited to read the rest. The only other MOTU comics i have read is He-Man/Thundercats. I enjoyed the reference to that series in the first issue of Injustice v. MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen15 View Post
    I just got the TPB in this weekend. I read the first issue last night. I really enjoyed it and i'm excited to read the rest. The only other MOTU comics i have read is He-Man/Thundercats. I enjoyed the reference to that series in the first issue of Injustice v. MOTU.
    Do you mean the hardcover collection? According to Amazon the tpb doesn’t release until January.

I can't wait to get this!!
    Odd Man Out

As long as Orko doesn't somehow get turned evil....I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko the Great View Post
    As long as Orko doesn't somehow get turned evil....I'm all for it.
    This.

Orko is pure and good, and making him evil does not make sense to me personally.

MOTU as old as it is, is still new in terms of iteration and storytelling compared to others, so no need for stunt like that.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    This.

Orko is pure and good, and making him evil does not make sense to me personally.

MOTU as old as it is, is still new in terms of iteration and storytelling compared to others, so no need for stunt like that.

Marvel turned him evil in " the hate stones" and mvc showed the shakkaran crystal turning him evil in "the shard of darkness". I agree orko doesn't work as a villain but it's not like dc did it first or without precedent, they just made horde prime take over orkos body this time around after orko heroically tried ( but failed) to destroty the skull of power. Orkos much better in the thundercats/injustice comics though, still funny and goofy but quite powerful and competent too.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Marvel turned him evil in " the hate stones" and mvc showed the shakkaran crystal turning him evil in "the shard of darkness". I agree orko doesn't work as a villain but it's not like dc did it first or without precedent, they just made horde prime take over orkos body this time around after orko heroically tried ( but failed) to destroty the skull of power. Orkos much better in the thundercats/injustice comics though, still funny and goofy but quite powerful and competent too.
    The last 2 DC short series of MOTU crossover is the best portrayal of Orko, heroic, funny and yet fit in perfectly with others and the story.

There is a filmation episode where Orko turned against He Man and his friends when an evil sorcerer exploit his insecurities.... that is enough for a lifetime for me... same with evil man at arms.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; September 30, 2019 at 07:52pm.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Apparently Orko's magic works on Earth as well as it does on Trolla. AWESOME!!!