Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Did I miss something? Did DC lose the license?
    Mattel lost the DC toy license. I'm not sure if it has ever been said that a DC Comics and Mattel comic relationship is officially over, although the writing seems to be somewhat on the wall.

Ah okay, thanks. I was wondering if I'd missed an announcement, or if it was just speculation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Ah okay, thanks. I was wondering if I'd missed an announcement, or if it was just speculation.
    Speculation only at this point. DC Comics goes to rival toy company signs license for 2020 and beyond instead of renewing with Mattel. I just don't see Mattel taking that in stride and still publishing Mattel brand comics under the DC Comics umbrella if they don't have to.

- - - Updated - - -

With movie production set to go ahead full steam this summer I would expect the next comic series to be more closely tied into movie related style and material under Dark Horse Comics (speculation/guess given their book releases and prior mini comic publishing relationship).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    So I guess this means we won't get a proper sequel. I was rather looking forward to a "Red Horde" story.
    Also something I didn't know I'd want until the epilogue teases

- - - Updated - - -

Issue 6 had 14K-ish print sales compared to issue 6 of He-Man/ThunderCats of 18K-ish. In line with it under performing in comparison a bit given long awaited ThunderCats nostalgic crossover and coming out a year after Injustice 2 game release (more sales for sure if they had timed it to ride that wave and have He-Man included as DLC character for the game as I said before - a missed opportunity time-wise but apparently they couldn't make it happen and so soon after He-Man/ThunderCats ending in March of the same year 2017 - Injustice 2 released in May of 2017).

Widget
    A question:

Anyone know if the upcoming TPB is going to feature any bonus story content? I usually buy singles, but DC is bad (good?) for putting stuff like the digital comics as additional content in TPBs, making single issue buys redundant IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker² View Post
    A question:

Anyone know if the upcoming TPB is going to feature any bonus story content? I usually buy singles, but DC is bad (good?) for putting stuff like the digital comics as additional content in TPBs, making single issue buys redundant IMO.
    As far as I’m aware, the only bonus content included in past He-Man comic TPB has been behind the scenes sketch work; no bonus story content.

I'm only wanting the TP but since the HC is available so wasted no time getting a copy. No time to read it though, maybe tomorrow after work.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    A question:

There only were digital-only MOTU comics back in 2012. 8 chapters.

DC put them into their Vol2 mostly, as well as Vol1 and Vol3 releases.

Those same digital issues were also included in DC He-Man Omnibus.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Widget
    Thanks for the info.

Can anyone tell me if the original preview insert "Fate is the Killer" was ever included in a TPB or in the Omnibus? I know that they threw DCP #47 in with I think the DC vs MOTU TPB.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the info.

Can anyone tell me if the original preview insert "Fate is the Killer" was ever included in a TPB or in the Omnibus? I know that they threw DCP #47 in with I think the DC vs MOTU TPB.
    Fate is the Killer is included, as well as the 3-issue miniseries from the 80s. The omnibus contains every DC MOTU full sized comic except for the Injustice miniseries. It's great!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Fate is the Killer is included, as well as the 3-issue miniseries from the 80s. The omnibus contains every DC MOTU full sized comic except for the Injustice miniseries. It's great!
    Awesome, I look forward to picking it up!

Just got my copy today. I'm loving the hardcover! I just start reading this fresh - so, no spoilers from this point forward, please! I'm rather surprised that I'm enjoying the story so far, as well as all the USA political undertones of that first chapter!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Just got my copy today. I'm loving the hardcover! I just start reading this fresh - so, no spoilers from this point forward, please! I'm rather surprised that I'm enjoying the story so far, as well as all the USA political undertones of that first chapter!
    Hmmm, I've yet to start reading but not liking the sound of that...
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    You have nothing to worry about, the story is great, it is just Queen Marlena is from Earth and she is an American.

I'm looking forward to the MOTU/Injustice omnibus edition collecting all the issues of this epic story.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if it was a clever use of story... Or too blunt. Lol
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if it was a clever use of story... Or too blunt. Lol
    The fun part is that there is Mystic Wall a canonical thing in MOTU lore.

Yet fans who don't know that, think that its only a jab at USA politics.

Yeah, you *can* also read it that way. But writer has clarified he used actual in-universe references.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    COMPLETE SPECULATION - alongside movie filming pushing forward this summer, behind the scenes movie tie-in comic moves into production and will be announced in April or July 2020 near the release of a teaser trailer for the new film and will be published by Dark Horse Comics. And/or movie sequel comic released shortly after movie release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The fun part is that there is Mystic Wall a canonical thing in MOTU lore.

Yet fans who don't know that, think that its only a jab at USA politics.

Yeah, you *can* also read it that way. But writer has clarified he used actual in-universe references.
    Yeaaah... But I wasn't quite referring to that. There are other parts.

That said, I got done reading it and felt disappointed. There was a whole story that got off to a good start, and it ended rather abruptly and unsatisfactorily. I felt like I missed a few pages and once again didn't deliver on giving us a true H vs S battle.

I just got the trade paperback of this and enjoyed it a lot. It's my first modern DC He-Man comic. I had been avoiding them, but stuff spoiled to me through the Character Guide and World Compendium changed my mind enough to try them out.

What was really fun, to me, was picking up on both DC and Masters of the Universe references. Masters of the Universe was wildly popular once, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that it's been niche ever since (especially when we're talking about lore and continuity). It was amazing to see all the little references and name-drops as a part of something generally considered to be more mainstream. Masters of the Universe wasn't just attached to this as some sort of licensing cross-promotion, someone who cared was attached along the way.

It wasn't the greatest story, and it's much more grim than what I'd prefer from Masters of the Universe (though I definitely knew I was getting into that), but it was a lot of fun. It also really helped that, despite even Eternia coming across as darker than what I'm used to, He-Man was still He-Man, and that's what inspires me most about Masters of the Universe.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jokubas View Post
    I just got the trade paperback of this and enjoyed it a lot. It's my first modern DC He-Man comic. I had been avoiding them, but stuff spoiled to me through the Character Guide and World Compendium changed my mind enough to try them out.
    What do you mean spoiled through the Character Guide?

Dark Horse Character Guide and World Compendium came out in May 2017.

Injustice VS MOTU started in July 2018.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    What do you mean spoiled through the Character Guide?

Dark Horse Character Guide and World Compendium came out in May 2017.

Injustice VS MOTU started in July 2018.
    I’m guessing he means references to other prior modern He-Man comics spoilers because he hadn’t read any of them but it also inspired to pick up this latest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    I’m guessing he means references to other prior modern He-Man comics spoilers because he hadn’t read any of them but it also inspired to pick up this latest one.
    Exactly........

Can you imagine if Cheetah and Catra teamed up?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Can you imagine if Cheetah and Catra teamed up?
    I can actually and it looks great... She-Ra and Wonder Woman or even Teela and Wonder Woman Team up.....