Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    Injustice is DC fighting game franchise from the creators of legendary Mortal Kombat series ( Netherrealm studios ). Injustice 2 is amazing and recently they added Ninja Turtles to the roster. Sadly, they are the last announced DLC fighters for the game, because studio is working hard on another project that will probably be Mortal Kombat 11. I'd be amazing if they'd announce Skeletor or He-Man as exclusive DLC fighter now that this crossover was announced
    Oh right I was thinking it was some kind of super hero team like one of the many versions of the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    AS ShangTs said it started as a Fighting game from Netherrealm but has also been two DC comic series.

The backstory to INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US is that Joker used kryptonite laced Scarecrow's fear toxin on Superman; Superman sees Lois as Doomsday and kills her which triggers a nuclear bomb to destroy Metropolis. Superman kills joker and takes over earth as High Chancellor of The Regime with some like minded heroes and villains (like Wonder Woman, Flash, Lex Luthor). Batman leads an opposition to try and overthrow Superman and liberate the earth.

In the first game, Superman's take over was five years ago and with various plans foiled to unseat him and a number of heroes and villains dead, Batman turns to uncorrupted versions of the Justice League from an alternate earth to help liberate the planet. My guess based on the limited information that this mini-series is going to substitute He-Man and the MOTU for the "Good Justice League" from an alternate dimension from the first game and roll from there into its own story.
    and I'm lost already Hope they put some kind of prologue or exposition in the first issue to explain all this.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Oh right I was thinking it was some kind of super hero team like one of the many versions of the Justice League.

and I'm lost already Hope they put some kind of prologue or exposition in the first issue to explain all this.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...njustice+story

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15...mong-us-comics

http://www.ign.com/wikis/injustice-2/Story

The Injustice Gods Among Us comics fill in the 5 years prior lead up to the Injustice 1 game. The current running Injustice 2 comics (now approaching issue #55) follow what happens in-between Injustice 1 and Injustice 2. The comics are not crucial and just give a bunch prequel backstory detail and fill-in the gaps. I have not kept up with them. The summary of the games' stories should be sufficient.

Injustice 2 Brainiac invades and Batman and Superman must put aside their differences and temporarily team-up to defeat him. The temporary alliance quickly fades after Brainiac's defeat and there are two main endings, one where Superman wins and one where Batman wins. It appears this crossover comic will be following the Superman ending more so from what I can tell by the cover of Superman apparently bonded with Brainiac's ship (which he did on purpose to give himself more power and he is still in control of himself). <- Tim Seeley just confirmed this to be the case on Twitter

There is also the Superman arcade ladder ending as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SOfSQH6QE

- - - Updated - - -

We got a taste of tyrant He-Man in the Eternity War series in the 30 year future vision where he never again relinquished the power to become Adam and it ends up corrupting him. Very much the role of Injustice Superman and what Faker may temporarily be posing as in beginning.
    Last edited by Kesmai; April 21, 2018 at 01:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Great news!!!!!

Tim Seeley will attend Power Con!!!! MOTU fans will have the chance to discuss more details about the MOTU comics!!!

http://www.thepower-con.com/2018/04/...ower-con-2018/

Widget
    Well, this may seem strange, but when I was a kid, one of my favourite team ups with my action figures was Batman and He-Man so it may be like seeing it happen in comic books. Though when I used to play it out they were usually facing off against Joker and Skeletor.

Heroic Warrior
    So, does a new Injustice comic series means there will be a new Injustice video game? With the comic debiting in July and the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) taking place in June, could we expect to see the revealing if an Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters of the Universe video game? Man, I hope so...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    So, does a new Injustice comic series means there will be a new Injustice video game? With the comic debiting in July and the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) taking place in June, could we expect to see the revealing if an Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters of the Universe video game? Man, I hope so...
    Injustice 2 just came out May 2017. Best hope would be DLC added to current game. We’re at least 3 years away from the next Injustice game. Mortal Kombat 11 is likely being worked on next.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Injustice 2 just came out May 2017. Best hope would be DLC added to current game. We’re at least 3 years away from the next Injustice game. Mortal Kombat 11 is likely being worked on next.
    But the reveal that He-Man will get an "Injustice look", like all the other DC characters that appear in the video game, isn't a clue, that He-Man is going to be part of the video game itself?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    But the reveal that He-Man will get an "Injustice look", like all the other DC characters that appear in the video game, isn't a clue, that He-Man is going to be part of the video game itself?
    Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice 1, and Mortal Kombat X didn’t release more DLC after a complete edition of the game was released. Complete edition of Injustice 2 released last month. That is Netherrealms Studios track record which makes it doubtful He-Man would be added now. Hopefully something will be done because I don’t want to wait 3 years for another chance. Kind of stupid timing for a crossover when the situation is ripe to put him in the game. If no more DLC, comic needed to come out last year.
    Last edited by Kesmai; April 27, 2018 at 02:13pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice 1, and Mortal Kombat X didn’t release more DLC after a complete edition of the game was released. Complete edition of Injustice 2 released last month. That is Netherrealms Studios track record which makes it doubtful He-Man would be added now. Hopefully something will be done because I don’t want to wait 3 years for another chance. Kind of stupid timing for a crossover when the situation is ripe to put him in the game. If no more DLC, comic needed to come out last year.
    Or perhaps the Injustice 3 is already in preparation. Let's not forget that the upcoming crossover is dealing with the events, after the Injustice 2 storyline. Could be that there are plans for the new game to include MOTU? Or could be just part of a new effort to bring back the MOTU comics, with the movie coming out? Like they did with the Power Rangers. The crossover with DC, came out around the same time with the movie.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    It's even stranger that MOTU would cross over with Injustice just to NOT include At least He-Man (and Skeletor) in the DLC.
    Perhaps an Injustice / Mortal Kombat is the next game eh? It's possible He-man will be a part of that next game then?

I know DC vs Mortal Kombat didn't go over all that well a decade ago, but Injustice is more brutal then the Justice league that was in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    *raises finger to type, then lowers it* Nope. Not gonna touch that. *Hammerdances out*
    For what it's worth, my roomie ironically ships them one-sided.
    don't get me wrong, I love the little guy, heart of MOTU espeically being the creation of and voiced by lou scheimer. i'm just saying he wasn't in NA, had his role diminished in 200X due to the bigger cast and fewer episodes and was hardly in the modern comics, and when he was he was evil. Meanwhile, throughout all of this, Harley's star was getting bigger and bigger and even headlined a movie. My point is they are not contemporaneous is all.

Harley Quinn is up against Teela. Orko against Bane. According to the writer Tim Seeley on Twitter.
    Seeing them on a cover side by side took me by surprise. Given the context, It seams like they will be fighting side by side. As I recall, Regime Harley switched sides and worked to take down Regime Superman in Gods Among Us. (I havn't played Injustice 2 yet or watched story mode and YEARS behind reading the comics)
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 27, 2018 at 06:02pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    Or perhaps the Injustice 3 is already in preparation. Let's not forget that the upcoming crossover is dealing with the events, after the Injustice 2 storyline. Could be that there are plans for the new game to include MOTU? Or could be just part of a new effort to bring back the MOTU comics, with the movie coming out? Like they did with the Power Rangers. The crossover with DC, came out around the same time with the movie.
    Anything is possible but Ed Boon has teased a new Mortal Kombat as the next game on Twitter - which could get announced at E3 (and coincide with the announcement schedule of their 3 previous games). The next DC game is therefore at least 3 years off. To market the Injustice 2 Legendary Edition as the "complete roster" and then release a paid DLC Fighter Pack 4 would be a bit of a slap in the face to those buyers. It's not unprecedented for companies to release more DLC after a complete edition of a game but it would be a break in pattern for NetherRealm Studios. The game has a tournament running from May until October but already the online player base has waned since the release of Fighter Pack 3. The original season pass holders were only guaranteed 9 DLC characters so they would be expected to pay more money as well for a season pass 2. Maybe they intend to extend the life of the game and will announce something in May or at E3 but thus far all signs don't point to that.

Best case scenario He-Man is released as free DLC and Mattel foots the bill. If we get to the end of SDCC in July with no announcements, then we have our answer. *fingers crossed*

- - - Updated - - -

But yes, the time to get He-Man in a video game is now with this crossover comic releasing in July and the movie at the end of next year (assuming that sticks) and still makes the most sense for it to be Injustice 2 for this year (even if the game has passed its peak). If not that, will have to wait until E3 in June to speculate what other games for 2019 he could appear in.

2021 for Injustice 3 or another DC based fighting game is too late (after the 2019 movie). But 2022 is the 40th anniversary of He-Man so that could be a good opportunity as well and maybe just delay the movie to coincide with the anniversary as well.

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    don't get me wrong, I love the little guy, heart of MOTU espeically being the creation of and voiced by lou scheimer. i'm just saying he wasn't in NA, had his role diminished in 200X due to the bigger cast and fewer episodes and was hardly in the modern comics, and when he was he was evil. Meanwhile, throughout all of this, Harley's star was getting bigger and bigger and even headlined a movie. My point is they are not contemporaneous is all.
    *digs through her books for a source* Memory may fail me, but weren't Orko and his ilk a collaborative creation of Hal Sutherland and Robby London, though (both of whom bowed out after s1)?

Wasn't in NA because, well, who really was? Other than the main hero/villain, all others were one-off cameos, iirc. Rights issues? A need for a clean break? *shrug*

Skipping over 2KX for now, I think (my opinion, mind) that Orko's nonexistence in the DCU is equal parts catering to those who think it's "cool" to loudly diss him and everything he represents at every turn and those who accept him as part of lore and canon, but wish he were more "badass". In reducing Trolla to a smoking, rat-infested barbecue pit and making Orko a main villain, then chucking them into a dimension unknown never to be seen again (dangling, unresolved plot thread ahoy!) was an attempt to satisfy both, as well as some of his actual fans ("See? He's in there! We didn't forget him! PSYCHE!").

Harley has the whole "sexy, psychotic femme fatale" thing going for her, so it was a no-brainer that she was embraced by her respective fandom from the get-go. But getting down to brass tacks? She's a sidekick. The difference between her and Orko is that she's actually evolved over the years. He's never been allowed to. Probably never will. I just think that most writers just don't know what to do with him. I mean, sure, there are ways to "fix" him (if he could even be considered "broken"), but that's another post.

I could go on, but my thoughts are disjointed. Without a chatroom, time delay, and those happy to just drown out posts that they don't agree with, I just feel it's next to impossible to carry on a semicivil back-and-forth. Eh. It is what it is.

And being a minority (female) within a minority (MotU fandom) within a minority (Defender of Trolla)... I'll take what I can get.
    Last edited by Wandering Star; May 1, 2018 at 07:38pm. Reason: MAJOR WHOOPS.
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

Heroic Warrior

YESSS! Can't wait.
    Better call my local comic shop and secure my copies.
    Excited for the variant covers too!

Heroic Warrior
    One of DC's biggest names, Jim Lee, DC's Entertainment Co-Publisher and artist, he posted a great sketch of Skeletor with this message:

"The artist formerly known as Keldor."

Link:
    https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/995995720183353344

Could this mean that DC is more involved again with the MOTU comics? Could this mean that more MOTU comics are coming forn DC? Could this mean that Jim Lee will do a MOTU vs Injustice cover? Or is just a coincidence? At any case it's great that DC's co-publisher and big name artist did this, two months before the upcoming crossover.

You can watch him draw it on Youtube.
    Is not not licking toads

Yeah just amazing. Lets hope so grana
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    One of DC's biggest names, Jim Lee, DC's Entertainment Co-Publisher and artist, he posted a great sketch of Skeletor with this message:

Link:

Could this mean that DC is more involved again with the MOTU comics? Could this mean that more MOTU comics are coming forn DC? Could this mean that Jim Lee will do a MOTU vs Injustice cover? Or is just a coincidence? At any case it's great that DC's co-publisher and big name artist did this, two months before the upcoming crossover.
    He likes to sketch other non-DC stuff. He did his first (and last) Goku sketch from Dragon Ball with the Dragon Ball Super series ending. For this I wouldn't read too much into it. Regardless this is very cool and thank you for sharing Granamyr

He likes to sketch other non-DC stuff. He did his first (and last) Goku sketch from Dragon Ball with the Dragon Ball Super series ending. For this I wouldn't read too much into it. Regardless this is very cool and thank you for sharing Granamyr
    Exactly.

He just live draws whatever he feels like at the moment. None of them should be considered teasers or anything beyond "fan art".

Widget
    t would be awesome to see an entire MOTU comic book designed by Jim Lee

Heroic Warrior
    brief mentions of the book right at the very end. https://www.newsarama.com/39928-seel...eginnings.html

Holy cow that is awesome.

Link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdJ80AuU8AALsoo.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    brief mentions of the book right at the very end. https://www.newsarama.com/39928-seel...eginnings.html

Holy cow that is awesome.
    Cool! Says Tim is currently in the middle of working on issue #3.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Exactly.
    Jim be Jim. Cool art none the less.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Went over to my local comic book shop and subscribed the other day, inc. variant covers. Love these MotU mini-series.
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Had to go to a new comic shop as I have moved and they were dubious of my asking to have this series pulled.........
    Is not not licking toads

Heroic Warrior
    this is fine and all but you know what comic i want to see? a MOTU crossover with Ash and the evil dead.