Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Injustice VS. The Master of The Universe comic book discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    this is fine and all but you know what comic i want to see? a MOTU crossover with Ash and the evil dead.
    Yeah I'd love to see that. There some great crossover ideas in this thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...mic-Crossovers
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    The solicitation and cover of Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #2 are revealed by Newsarama!!!

Link:

https://www.newsarama.com/40028-dc-c...citations.html

INJUSTICE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #2
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    He-Man has come to his mother’s home-world to save it from a despotic ruler: Superman! As Batman plans an invasion of the Oracle to stop their suicide squads from terrorizing the populace, He-Man wanders an Earth city (in disguise) hoping to understand more of the difficulty they’ll face. Meanwhile, back on Eternia, Zatanna and Swamp Thing are horrified to discover that someone else from their universe has crossed over!
    ON SALE 08.15.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 2 of 6 |

He-Man in disguise on Earth??? I would love to see that! And more players form the DC's Injustice Universe are getting involved!!! And this cover by Freddie E Williams II! He-Man vs Superman Round 3!!! This August!!
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 21, 2018 at 05:35pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    The solicitation and cover of Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #2 are revealed by Newsarama!!!

Link:

He-Man in disguise on Earth???
    Maybe disguised as a pro quarterback...I feel like I've heard that somewhere before

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Maybe disguised as a pro quarterback...I feel like I've heard that somewhere before
    Haha, indeed! That was my first thought as well, when i read the solicitation. Tim knows well MOTU's history. It wouldn't surprise me, if this is actually the case. A homage/Easter Egg for the 80's MOTU's movie sequel that never happened.
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 21, 2018 at 06:56pm.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Tim knows well MOTU's history. It wouldn't surprise me, if this is actually the case. A homage/Easter Egg for the 80's MOTU's movie sequel that never happened.
    ...of which nobody has still yet to show any proof like pic of script. But people keep saying it just as much as "Tri-Klops for fact you see was originally good guy!" or "She-Ra was going to be in Season 3 of MYP series next to Hordak".

I think someone on facebook already mentioned how we could use a Snopes for MOTU/POP things. Where fiction blends facts.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    ...of which nobody has still yet to show any proof like pic of script. But people keep saying it just as much as "Tri-Klops for fact you see was originally good guy!" or "She-Ra was going to be in Season 3 of MYP series next to Hordak".

I think someone on facebook already mentioned how we could use a Snopes for MOTU/POP things. Where fiction blends facts.
    Haha, we truly need this!

On anothet note, Tim Seeley on Twitter, revealed that there will be a mention of Lion-O in the upcoming Injustce vs MOTU crossover. Which basically confirms that the He-Man/Thundercats mini series, is part of the same continuity with the new crossover.

Heroic Warrior
    Haha, we truly need this!

On anothet note, Tim Seeley on Twitter, revealed that there will be a mention of Lion-O in the upcoming Injustce vs MOTU crossover. Which basically confirms that the He-Man/Thundercats mini series, is part of the same continuity with the new crossover.
    Cool, that means no more secret identity. I hope the new movie takes that route too. I like that Marlena was mentioned in the solicit. Maybe she will appear in the series, perhaps a version of her that never left Earth?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Cool, that means no more secret identity. I hope the new movie takes that route too. I like that Marlena was mentioned in the solicit. Maybe she will appear in the series, perhaps a version of her that never left Earth?
    I believe that Marlena will be involved in the story. Perhaps motivating He-Man to go and help Earth, or at least the Injustice version of the Earth. Another intersting part is that with Lion-O being mentioned, solidifies the connection between MOTU and Thundercats in this particular continuity, while bringing them both, in the bigger picture of the DC multiverse. Even if, in case of He-Man this is a given, at this point, considering that 3 different versions of Superman (Bronze Age, New52, and now Injustice), have faced 3 versions of He-Man (Prefilmation, New52, and the current MOTU/Thundercats one). Superman has become, the special guest star of the MOTU Universe at this point. Eternians and Kryptonians are familiars to each other.
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 22, 2018 at 11:57am.

Heroic Warrior
    ...of which nobody has still yet to show any proof like pic of script.
    Real quick..do we know the origin of the source of that information?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Tim Seeley confirmed on Twitter, that Marlena in this particular continuity, will be from "Injustice" Earth, so she probably will be part of the story. In the He-Man/Thundercats crossover, when He-Man and Lion-O visited in the final issue, the different realities, they came to a "what if" version of Earth, in which Adam was basically Superman. Adam said to Lion-O that this version, represent how Adam imagined his life could be on Earth, based upon his mother's stories, from her birth planet. This is actually a clue that Marlena knew about Superman, and she told stories about him, at Adam, that perhaps could inspire him. It's a node also to the first encounter of He-Man with Bronze Age Superman back in the 80's, when He-Man recognized Superman, also based from his mother's stories about him.
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 22, 2018 at 07:01pm.

why they are still using the guy form pencils.
    His draw stinks
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKTRON View Post
    why they are still using the guy form pencils.
    His draw stinks
    Majority of people like his style as well as the producers over at DC Comics and Mattel. Personally I like Freddie's work. But you are certainly not alone in disliking it. Can't please everyone; art is subjective.

Heroic Warrior
    I just love that they are in their classic 'toy' forms... with the filmation sword of all things. It's like my #1 perfect He-man EVER!!!

And yes... if they get some Masters in into that game, I WILL buy it. I'll have to get the system to play it on too... but I WILL buy it!!

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder what will be the catalyst for He-Man's "Injustified" design.....sword upgrade; something on Earth; a what-if one panel or cover shot but not story related; something else

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar

Link:

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...E1MjY5MjQ5NDE=

INJUSTICE VS. THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #2
    written by TIM SEELEY
    art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
    He-Man has come to his mother’s home-world to save it from a despotic ruler: Superman! As Batman plans an invasion of the Oracle to stop their suicide squads from terrorizing the populace, He-Man wanders an Earth city (in disguise) hoping to understand more of the difficulty they’ll face. Meanwhile, back on Eternia, Zatanna and Swamp Thing are horrified to discover that someone else from their universe has crossed over!
    ON SALE 08.15.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | 2 of 6 |

He-Man in disguise on Earth??? I would love to see that! And more players form the DC's Injustice Universe are getting involved!!! And this cover by Freddie E Williams II! He-Man vs Superman Round 3!!! This August!!
    awesome artwork looks great
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder what will be the catalyst for He-Man's "Injustified" design.....sword upgrade; something on Earth; a what-if one panel or cover shot but not story related; something else
    Perhaps something on Earth. An armor made by Batman perhaps? A Kryptonian armor? Let's not forget that in this story, the bad guy is not the usual Skeletor, but an Evil Superman.

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Still can't deal with the art, no disrespect intended, so i'll focus exclusively on the script,
    hoping for pleasant surprises.
    Your not alone. Im shallow as well lol. If I cant stomach the art style then I cant read the comic usually. Though i made an exception for the last MOTU eternity war comics. some of those issues were painful (like the underworld battle)

Heroic Warrior
    I love the classic costume for He-man so much, I would hate for an 'injustified' version.... Though I have said that repeatedly about the classic heroes too. My biggest complaint is that at least ONE of the skins aren't the CLASSIC costumes... the best we get is 'close but still updated' garbage.

For He-man I'd love if he's offered something from Batman and declines it, just going with some good old fashioned Battle Armor, Thunder Punch or even New52 He-man designs for his 'upgrades'.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I love the classic costume for He-man so much, I would hate for an 'injustified' version.... Though I have said that repeatedly about the classic heroes too. My biggest complaint is that at least ONE of the skins aren't the CLASSIC costumes... the best we get is 'close but still updated' garbage.

For He-man I'd love if he's offered something from Batman and declines it, just going with some good old fashioned Battle Armor, Thunder Punch or even New52 He-man designs for his 'upgrades'.
    I'm all for something new, different and experimental. It makes sense crossing over into another stylistic world to happen. We're guaranteed classic He-Man so if the 'Injustified' design only makes an appearance in 50% or less of this miniseries (and temporary) I think that's a fair balance. I thought New 52 design was good and different and I probably accepted it more because the storytelling was so good.

- - - Updated - - -

If Superman is augmented with Brainiac's ship, it's only fair that He-Man would get an upgrade to counter that advantage. Design could just mean design and not an upgrade too.

Heroic Warrior
    Great news!!!

Rob David will be attending Power Con! Hopefully we will have announcements for more new MOTU comics!!!

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=7169

- - - Updated - - -

Solicitation from DC have been revealed for Injustice vs He-Man #3:

Link:
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../18/dcsept.htm

"INJUSTICE VS. HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #3

Written by Tim Seeley, art and cover by Freddie Williams II.

Batman recruited He-Man to join the battle against Superman's dictatorship, so why is Prince Adam battling him in the Oracle's lair? Has Skeletor's influence helped Superman breach new territory? Things seem dire on Earth, but Eternia is also facing a major threat -- from Darkseid!

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Sept. 19."

This mini series is getting HUGE!!! I mean of cosmic proportions! Skeletor is becoming involved!!!It seems that Skeletor is working with the Injustice Superman, probably as a manipulator from behind the scenes. Also DARKSEID on Eternia!!! The dream come true!!! The New Gods vs the Masters of the Universe!!!! YES!!!

And DC has also another surprise for the MOTU fans!

DC MOTU OMNUBUS COMING AT FEBRUARY!!!

"HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE OMNIBUS HC

Written by James Robinson, Keith Giffen, Dan Abnett, Rob David, Lloyd Goldfine, Paul Kupperberg and others, art by Philip Tan, Freddie E. Williams Ii, Tom Derenick, Pop Mhan, Curt Swan and others, cover by Dave Wilkins.

The DC Comics adventures of He-Man, prince of Eternia, are collected in a single, massive Omnibus at last! DC Comics Presents #47, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1-6 (2012), He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1-19 (2013), He-Man: The Eternity War #1-15, DC Universe vs. Masters of the Universe #1-6, He-Man/ Thundercats #1-6 and the Masters of fhe Universe Specials The Origin of He-Man #1, The Origin Of Skeletor #1 and The Origin of Hordak #1 and more!

1,416 pages, $150, in stores on Feb. 6."

Every MOTU comic pubblished by DC from 1982's "DC Comics Presents 47" to the 2016's "He-Man/Thundercats" mini series, ALL in a huge single volume!!! I hope that they will include also the last 5 Classic mini comics bubblihed by DC as well!

We are waiting the covers to be revealed later as well.
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 18, 2018 at 04:01pm.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    "HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE OMNIBUS HC

Written by James Robinson, Keith Giffen, Dan Abnett, Rob David, Lloyd Goldfine, Paul Kupperberg and others, art by Philip Tan, Freddie E. Williams Ii, Tom Derenick, Pop Mhan, Curt Swan and others, cover by Dave Wilkins.

The DC Comics adventures of He-Man, prince of Eternia, are collected in a single, massive Omnibus at last! DC Comics Presents #47, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1-6 (2012), He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1-19 (2013), He-Man: The Eternity War #1-15, DC Universe vs. Masters of the Universe #1-6, He-Man/ Thundercats #1-6 and the Masters of fhe Universe Specials The Origin of He-Man #1, The Origin Of Skeletor #1 and The Origin of Hordak #1 and more!

1,416 pages, $150, in stores on Feb. 6."

Every MOTU comic pubblished by DC from 1982's "DC Comics Presents 47" to the 2016's "He-Man/Thundercats" mini series, ALL in a huge single volume!!! I hope that they will include also the last 5 Classic mini comics bubblihed by DC as well!

We are waiting the covers to be revealed later as well.

Looks like its the Dave Wilkins cover of He-Man vs Skeletor. Meaning confusing for modern DC Vol1 trade... (was hoping for complete new cover, though maybe this is just placeholder?)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    And here we are!!!! The cover of Injustice vs He-Man #3 is revealed!!!

This looks so crazy and awesome! Injustice Superman, Injustice Wonder Woman, Skeletor, Darkseid and...a brainwashed superpowered upgraded Batman against He-Man and Teela! The Masters will have a lot of work to do!!! Also He-Man will have finally bring his BATTLE AXE in the fight!!!! This is getting better and better!!!

Looks like its the Dave Wilkins cover of He-Man vs Skeletor. Meaning confusing for modern DC Vol1 trade... (was hoping for complete new cover, though maybe this is just placeholder?)
    You are right Jukka it's exactly this cover by Dave Wilkins for the DC He-Man Omnibus. I don't know how they are going to make look different from the trade. I would prefer a new cover as well.

Last edited by granamyr80; June 18, 2018 at 05:49pm.

Heroic Warrior
    And here we are!!!! The cover of Injustice vs He-Man #3 is revealed!!!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...justicevs3.jpg
    Awesome!! Batman brainwashed by Superman using Brainiac's ship technology as happened in Superman's Injustice 2 story ending.
    Last edited by Kesmai; June 18, 2018 at 06:47pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome!! Batman brainwashed by Superman using Brainiac's ship technology as happened in Superman's Injustice 2 story ending.
    After all this, if He-Man will not be in the new Injustice game, we will riot.!

Heroic Warrior
    After all this, if He-Man will not be in the new Injustice game, we will riot.!
    I will still be sorely disappointed even if the timing is against it happening Makes too much sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Darkseid taking advantage of Eternia being left unguarded no doubt. As iconic as Skeletor is, I wished they used Hordak instead. Skeletor always comes back but I wonder how they will explain his return this time after Mummator's vaporization...