Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 3.7

  1. #1
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,835

    Answers to Fan Q&A 3.7

    Super7 has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 7 questions!

    This round of questions were selected by OnlyOneSkeletor.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

    1. Beastmaster: Does Super7 have plans to continue the MOTU Giants line that was started by MattyCollector?

    Currently we are focused on the Collector's Choice, Club Grayskull, and ReAction figure lines as well as our upcoming 5.5" vintage style MOTU line. We have no plans at the moment to continue the Giants.

    2. Bear-At-Arms: Hasbro recently showed with its HasLab site that crowd funding campaigns can work to support larger-scale toys. Is this an option that could be done with Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull vehicles and playsets?

    Perhaps! We don't have any specific info to share here, but it's an interesting model that we may consider for something in the future.

    3. Sebastiaan: Will you consider offering mini-subscriptions like MattyCollector did before to complete or enhance groups/factions? They did this with POP and 200X, and NA could really benefit from a mini-subscription.

    Right now we are keeping our focus on the releases we have currently in production and the next few waves of figures that follow the same model, being released in groups of four in Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull. We want to maintain a nice steady pace of releases for everyone before we consider adding additional mini-sub equivalents.

    4. DrumMaster: What are the reasons it has taken so long to have more information about a MOTUC Snake Mountain release?

    Because it's huge! Really, Snake Mountain is a giant playset, bigger than the Castle Grayskull that has already been released. We wouldn't want to rush and make something that isn't just right. As soon as we have something to share, we certainly will.

    5. OnlyOneSkeletor: Originally new characters would get their first release in Collector's Choice then their Filmation variant would be released in Club Grayskull. But now we have Dree Elle and Uncle Montork making their first appearance in Club Grayskull. Based on this, in what ways is the MOTUC line evolving, and what can fans expect for future releases in both Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull?

    Where it makes sense, we will be mindful of the MOTUC release history and pattern Mattel has established with the two lines. In the case of Dree-Elle and Montork, the characters originated in the cartoon, and the differences between a Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull release would have been minimal. Rather than make two separate versions, we decided the Club Grayskull line was the best place for them.

    --------------------

    Click here to ask questions in Round 8!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Super7.
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Mattycollector.
    And, have fun discussing Super7's answers to your questions!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    134
    I had a feeling that the Giants line would not continue, it makes sense as this probably would not be a profit making venture.

    As far as their explanation about how figures are being selected to be in either the 'Club Grayskull' line and the 'Collectors Choice' line, I'm satisfied with this.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    3,320
    I agree, it makes sense with those two. They are characters that I wouldn't have needed to see with added detailing.

    Had Club Grayskull been around from the beginning, it's possible that we would've seen figures like Razz debut in that line instead of Classics.

    I just hope that this doesn't mean all characters that originated in Filmation will head to CG first though and they'll only do it where it makes sense.
    For example I would prefer Hunga in classics with extra detailing on her fur and wings.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    325
    Wow, at least two wasted question slots. Giants are dead for a long time. And why people are still asking for Snake Mountain? When they have news, they will share them. Until then, we will hear the same answer again and again.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,026
    I do like their answer about Classics and Club Grayskull. It seems that Dree-Elle and Montork will be the exception and not the rule. IMHO, the only remaining characters that also fit this exception are the Twiggets.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior nickdoobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Wow, at least two wasted question slots. Giants are dead for a long time. And why people are still asking for Snake Mountain? When they have news, they will share them. Until then, we will hear the same answer again and again.
    I guess people want to make it known that we are very much ready for it to be made. I wish people would ask them when they will make more Ultimates every time. I know it's been asked before, and I know what their answer will be, "We don't have any plans to do them any time soon, we'll let you know, bla, bla, bla." But thats the main thing I want from them right now. That's the one thing they've done really well since taking over the MOTU license. Everything else has either been over-priced, sub-par quality, or both. I feel like if somebody asks that every time they'll eventually be like "okay, fine! we'll make some more damn ultimates."
    Last edited by nickdoobs; May 1, 2018 at 04:49pm.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Wow, at least two wasted question slots.
    Agreed, and I'm not saying that just because my question wasn't chosen. A lot more thought needs to go into the selection. The questions should avoid the bleeding obvious and should prompt substantial answers. That's not to say that all the questions were poor, they weren't.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  8. #8
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,835
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Wow, at least two wasted question slots. Giants are dead for a long time. And why people are still asking for Snake Mountain? When they have news, they will share them. Until then, we will hear the same answer again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Agreed, and I'm not saying that just because my question wasn't chosen. A lot more thought needs to go into the selection. The questions should avoid the bleeding obvious and should prompt substantial answers. That's not to say that all the questions were poor, they weren't.
    Different questions are important to different fans for various reasons. And different fans get a chance to pick each time, so it doesn't get more fair than that.

    So if you guys keep asking questions, eventually you might reply first to my call-out to pick questions, and get a chance to pick the type of questions you prefer.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior Sebastiaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    733
    Great answers (and thanks for picking my Q!). I'm satisfied and very happy - especially about Snake Mountain purely because it is not a flat out NO.

  10. #10
    Widget matticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28
    I agree that Filmation characters should be released in Club Grayskull. I would have liked for them to respond to the action pack presale debacle. It resulted in a lot of unhappy customers.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,236
    A great bunch of answers
    I'm quite optimistic for a Snake Mountain honestly speaking, at least they're trying for what is possible to know even if its not top of my list infect priorities are and should be the remaining figures, the key ones left unproduced while Matty was still on board. A vehicle next year? yeah just 1 (i.e. road ripper, land shark, attak trek) would be amazing.
    Anyway back to SM I'll be even ok even with a re-issue of the Icon Heroes statue worst case scenario
    Last edited by Triklops 1; May 2, 2018 at 05:03pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

  12. #12
    Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    5. OnlyOneSkeletor: Originally new characters would get their first release in Collector's Choice then their Filmation variant would be released in Club Grayskull. But now we have Dree Elle and Uncle Montork making their first appearance in Club Grayskull. Based on this, in what ways is the MOTUC line evolving, and what can fans expect for future releases in both Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull?

    Where it makes sense, we will be mindful of the MOTUC release history and pattern Mattel has established with the two lines. In the case of Dree-Elle and Montork, the characters originated in the cartoon, and the differences between a Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull release would have been minimal. Rather than make two separate versions, we decided the Club Grayskull line was the best place for them.
    The way I see it, it's just a tad problematic. As much as some may or may not agree with it, Collectors' Choice and Club Grayskull are two different lines. The characters that appear in CG are (insofar as we know) not canon to CC, which is (along with the Ultimates) the main MotU canon at present, as presented through cardback bios and the occasional minicomic.

    This was all well and good when CG consisted solely of characters that had already been cemented in the main canon (even when their appearance differed drastically, eg Clawful and Tung Lashor). But now, we're seeing a movement, however small, away from that. Chopper looks significantly different than Jitsu, and has another name as well, but since most of us know that Chopper = Jitsu in the long run, this isn't as much of an issue (though I'm certain that someone, somewhere, will make the argument that they are separate characters simply by virtue of having different names).

    Placing Montork and Dree Elle in CG instead of CC deprives them of CC cardback bios, and any place within the main canon. Save for a dubious cameo appearance in other media during 2KX, they were absent since The Greatest Magic, over 30 years ago. I'm kind of resigning myself to the fact that Orko is, and will probably ever remain, the only canon, named Trollan in MotU (other than the one-and-out who was met with howls of outrage a few years back).

    Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that they were finally given toy form after all these years, but it would have been even better to give them a proper place in canon and lore. Even if the CC bios are ever allowed to come to light, many would still more than likely consider them to be non-canonical as the figures themselves were not released within CC. *sigh* It is what it is.

    Am I making any sense here? I really need more sleep... *goes off to correct a GLARING error in an older post made while at work*

    tl;dr: Cardback bios dictate MotU canon, and are not a minimal difference.
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

  13. #13
    Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A thousand dimensions
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Great answers (and thanks for picking my Q!). I'm satisfied and very happy - especially about Snake Mountain purely because it is not a flat out NO.
    Don't mention it! And btw, your question was the next I was expecting to address so, thanks to you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    A vehicle next year? yeah just 1 (i.e. road ripper, land shark, attak trek) would be amazing.
    Duuuude?!? Wouldn't that be time for the evil Horde getting some love?? Let's start a campaign, social networks, everywhere: Man-ti-saur, Man-ti-saur!!
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Donimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere, US
    Posts
    1,365
    OnlyOneSkeletor - thank you SO much for finally picking the question that needed to be answered. I didn't like Super7's answer, but at least it was publicly presented to them in order to force them to acknowledge it. I think their reasoning for Montork and Dree Elle being placed in CG is ridiculous. They must have Crackers the Clown working up in there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    The way I see it, it's just a tad problematic. As much as some may or may not agree with it, Collectors' Choice and Club Grayskull are two different lines. The characters that appear in CG are (insofar as we know) not canon to CC, which is (along with the Ultimates) the main MotU canon at present, as presented through cardback bios and the occasional minicomic.

    This was all well and good when CG consisted solely of characters that had already been cemented in the main canon (even when their appearance differed drastically, eg Clawful and Tung Lashor). But now, we're seeing a movement, however small, away from that. Chopper looks significantly different than Jitsu, and has another name as well, but since most of us know that Chopper = Jitsu in the long run, this isn't as much of an issue (though I'm certain that someone, somewhere, will make the argument that they are separate characters simply by virtue of having different names).

    Placing Montork and Dree Elle in CG instead of CC deprives them of CC cardback bios, and any place within the main canon. Save for a dubious cameo appearance in other media during 2KX, they were absent since The Greatest Magic, over 30 years ago. I'm kind of resigning myself to the fact that Orko is, and will probably ever remain, the only canon, named Trollan in MotU (other than the one-and-out who was met with howls of outrage a few years back).

    Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that they were finally given toy form after all these years, but it would have been even better to give them a proper place in canon and lore. Even if the CC bios are ever allowed to come to light, many would still more than likely consider them to be non-canonical as the figures themselves were not released within CC. *sigh* It is what it is.

    Am I making any sense here? I really need more sleep... *goes off to correct a GLARING error in an older post made while at work*

    tl;dr: Cardback bios dictate MotU canon, and are not a minimal difference.
    You made perfect sense and are absolutely correct. Uncle Montork and Dree Elle are not canon in MOTUC at all with being released in CG. They have been egregiously deprived of that.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior melkor23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I guess people want to make it known that we are very much ready for it to be made. I wish people would ask them when they will make more Ultimates every time. I know it's been asked before, and I know what their answer will be, "We don't have any plans to do them any time soon, we'll let you know, bla, bla, bla." But thats the main thing I want from them right now. That's the one thing they've done really well since taking over the MOTU license. Everything else has either been over-priced, sub-par quality, or both. I feel like if somebody asks that every time they'll eventually be like "okay, fine! we'll make some more damn ultimates."
    Asking a question is free and never is an indicator for the real demand of things. When Snake Mountain is up in stores for 500+ Dollars plus 150 Dollars shipping or as a crowdfunding like Jabba's Sail Barge where you have to pay hundreds of Dollards years in advance we will see how many people really want a Snake Mountain.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

  16. #16
    Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A thousand dimensions
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Giants are dead for a long time. And why people are still asking for Snake Mountain?
    A. Not that long ago S7 was still selling their own conception of the Motu giants line called: "Test Shot Colorway".
    So i do not think this brand is dead & buried to them.
    B. Last Year during the Power Con Panel S7 stated they should know about Snake Mountain feasibility
    at the end of the year at the latest.
    So it was indeed more than time to ask for an update about this.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    OnlyOneSkeletor - thank you SO much for finally picking the question that needed to be answered. I didn't like Super7's answer, but at least it was publicly presented to them in order to force them to acknowledge it. I think their reasoning for Montork and Dree Elle being placed in CG is ridiculous. They must have Crackers the Clown working up in there.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You made perfect sense and are absolutely correct. Uncle Montork and Dree Elle are not canon in MOTUC at all with being released in CG. They have been egregiously deprived of that.


    Donimo Val aleardy stated Montork & Dree-Elle were the Collectors Choice slot for Powercon but due to tooling costs ( The accessories that had to be cut ) it pushed them into Club Grayskull.

    Super7 wasn't out to screw everyon, they just were not able to include all the accessories needed to keep Montork & Dree-Elle as a collectors choice item as the tooling cost was too much for this exclusive, and with only the flight stands left and the minimal detail Trollans have to their look anyway it pushed them into Club Grayskull.

    You don't have to agree with it, but also don't have to be so sarcastic or negative either. Last year collectors choice fans got six figures in two three packs for their collection at powercon. Stop begrudging Club Grayskull fans that this years exclusives wound up all Filmation.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  18. #18
    Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Val already stated Montork & Dree-Elle were the Collectors Choice slot for Powercon.

    Super7 were not able to include the accessories needed to keep Montork & Dree-Elle as a collectors choice item as the tooling cost was too much, and with only the flight stands and the minimal detail Trollans have anyway it pushed them into Club Grayskull.
    I know this, you know this, and Donimo knows this. It doesn't mean that it sits well from a certain perspective: that of the canon/lore nerd.

    Also, it's not like CC figures haven't been released sans accessories before (wasn't Stratos' original release a prime example of this?).

    Again, happy to finally actually have them, but without an actual place within MotUC canon, the victory rings just a tiny bit, well, hollow.
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    I know this, you know this, and Donimo knows this. It doesn't mean that it sits well from a certain perspective: that of the canon/lore nerd.

    Also, it's not like CC figures haven't been released sans accessories before (wasn't Stratos' original release a prime example of this?).

    Again, happy to finally actually have them, but without an actual place within MotUC canon, the victory rings just a tiny bit, well, hollow.
    you're talking bio's and just because it's a packaging change doesn't mean something won't be on the back for them. Also if there was a CC bio written then it will get posted eventually on Masters Mondays. Do you know how many people toss out the packaging and don't save the bio cards, they just place the figures in their display. We also had characters from Mattel where the Bio's had stopped for a year but were getting those bio's now. I'm honestly not worried about it. Eventually there will be detailed bio's for them posted.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Different questions are important to different fans for various reasons. And different fans get a chance to pick each time, so it doesn't get more fair than that.

    So if you guys keep asking questions, eventually you might reply first to my call-out to pick questions, and get a chance to pick the type of questions you prefer.
    Yes, but the thread's own guidance notes also say that questions which cover old ground will be deselected, and that a random fan will be chosen to pick them, which would be fairer still - if it happened that way. At present the system is better suited to people who are awake in your time zone when the message goes out.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  21. #21
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,835
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Yes, but the thread's own guidance notes also say that questions which cover old ground will be deselected, and that a random fan will be chosen to pick them, which would be fairer still - if it happened that way. At present the system is better suited to people who are awake in your time zone when the message goes out.
    I send out the request at random times for each Q&A. Sometime I send it when only European fans are awake.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Sebastiaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I send out the request at random times for each Q&A. Sometime I send it when only European fans are awake.
    Even I had a chance to pick questions and I'm on Africa time lol. I think Val is considerate of the global community when it comes to this.

  23. #23
    Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    You're talking bios
    Yes, I am.
    and just because it's a packaging change doesn't mean something won't be on the back for them.
    That something, if anything, will be a bio relevant only to their animated series appearances, not MotUC, written by the person handling the CG cardbacks, not the team handling CC cardbacks.
    Also if there was a CC bio written then it will get posted eventually on Masters Mondays.
    All indications and posts thus far say yes, there was, and that it's a matter of IF, not WHEN.

    People seem to not be getting my point. CC and Ultimates cardback bios and minicomics set the canon for MotUC. They always have. CG bios (when there are any at all) do not; they only pertain to the character's Filmation appearance.

    By this measuring stick, Plundor is fully canon, despite being a "Filmation-only" character, having had a CC release coupled with a proper cardback bio, bringing him firmly into the current era and timeline.

    Montork and Dree Elle are in CG, with CG packaging and CG bios, meaning that they, like all of CG, are not canon to MotUC, its story, or its timeline.

    People seem to forget that long gone are the days where we could just simply toss characters into a story wherever we pleased. Fanons are routinely spit upon at every turn, no matter how well thought out. Imagination is dead, canon is king.

    Not trying to be "that dude", or belligerent, not trying to shake the Coke, or rock the boat, just trying to make my point clearer. Yes, this is something I am quite passionate about. No, don't ask me why.
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Star View Post
    Yes, I am.

    That something, if anything, will be a bio relevant only to their animated series appearances, not MotUC, written by the person handling the CG cardbacks, not the team handling CC cardbacks.
    All indications and posts thus far say yes, there was, and that it's a matter of IF, not WHEN.

    People seem to not be getting my point. CC and Ultimates cardback bios and minicomics set the canon for MotUC. They always have. CG bios (when there are any at all) do not; they only pertain to the character's Filmation appearance.

    By this measuring stick, Plundor is fully canon, despite being a "Filmation-only" character, having had a CC release coupled with a proper cardback bio, bringing him firmly into the current era and timeline.

    Montork and Dree Elle are in CG, with CG packaging and CG bios, meaning that they, like all of CG, are not canon to MotUC, its story, or its timeline.

    People seem to forget that long gone are the days where we could just simply toss characters into a story wherever we pleased. Fanons are routinely spit upon at every turn, no matter how well thought out. Imagination is dead, canon is king.

    Not trying to be "that dude", or belligerent, not trying to shake the Coke, or rock the boat, just trying to make my point clearer. Yes, this is something I am quite passionate about. No, don't ask me why.

    Ok you have your reasons and that's fine, Not trying to take that away from you in any way, just stating not everyone might feel as passionate about it as you.

    Me personally I'm not bothered by it. I love Bios don't get me wrong but a lot of the MOTUC bios especially their real names were silly and had info made up by Toyguru
    I'm really loving the Bios being written by the ones providing them for Masters Mondays as they are insightful and well written avoiding the Silliness of the MOTUC bios of the past.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  25. #25
    Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

    5. OnlyOneSkeletor: Originally new characters would get their first release in Collector's Choice then their Filmation variant would be released in Club Grayskull. But now we have Dree Elle and Uncle Montork making their first appearance in Club Grayskull. Based on this, in what ways is the MOTUC line evolving, and what can fans expect for future releases in both Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull?

    Where it makes sense, we will be mindful of the MOTUC release history and pattern Mattel has established with the two lines. In the case of Dree-Elle and Montork, the characters originated in the cartoon, and the differences between a Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull release would have been minimal. Rather than make two separate versions, we decided the Club Grayskull line was the best place for them.
    Okay.... these are just toys so no matter what happens there are far worse things in the world than being disappointed by a decision about a toy line..... That said.... I’m disappointed. Like really really disappointed. Like in the 10 year history of MOTUC I can say honestly this is the biggest disappointment I’ve ever had with this line.

    I started collecting this line with the first King Grayskull I bought at the Mattel booth at SDCC in 2008. Since that moment I’ve been collecting the Classics line MOC. Eventually, once I realized Classics was in for the long haul and wasn’t just going to be a dozen figures and done I decided to go back and start getting 2 of each figure so I could open one. And my loose display looks great with all those figures riding on vehicles and having an epic battle surrounding my 2 Classics Castles, but at the end of the day the gem and pride and joy of my MOTU display is my complete MOC Classics (aka Collector’s Choice) display. That’s what I started with, and while I enjoy the loose display too it’s the complete MOC display that I cared the most about and has been the driving force behind my desire to see Classics continue to grow. When you walk into the toy room where I keep all my MOTU stuff it’s that giant complete MOC display of nearly 300 figures that first draws the eye and mesmerizes you. So for me the packaging matters—it’s a game changer—it’s a difference maker.

    On top of that Dree Elle (formerly tied with Lodar) has been my number one most wanted figure for the last 4 or 5 years. In that same time span Montork has been in at least my top 10 if not top 5.

    So I’m a reasonable person and thus not prone to drama and thus I realize these are toys that have a primary purpose of being fun and contributing happiness and thus this is not something I’m going to truly cry over or whine about or threaten to burn my entire collection to the ground over. I’m also not going to freak out at Super7 since as a reasonable person I know this isn’t personal and they are just doing the best they can to make smart business decisions (which can never please everyone). So I get it. That said.... really disappointing. As someone who has been a completist collecting these figures MOC for 10 years; as someone who for almost half of those 10 years has had Dree Elle at the very top of my list as my number one wanted figure for that MOC collection and display.... really really disappointing knowing now she will never be a part of that collection because of this.
    Last edited by InspectorZartan; May 3, 2018 at 04:58am.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •