Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Wind Raider Attack Construction Set

Court Magician
    IMG_20190124_142615.jpg

Found Man-At-Arms on Monday and then this today. Can't wait to build this over the weekend!

I lucked out and found Series 3 (which includes Faker) on clearance at Walmart for $1. Check the clearance aisle if you still need one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    I lucked out and found Series 3 (which includes Faker) on clearance at Walmart for $1. Check the clearance aisle if you still need one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What?! Whoa, awesome and congrats!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Hermione and I had a blast building this thing this week. It’s pretty fantastic!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope that the Mega Construx line continues. This is my little set-up so far. SN851862.jpg And if anyone is wondering, that is indeed the stand that came with Orko. I just used the extra 4 green pieces that came with the set, made a little square out of them, and the ball from the stand actually fit snuggly in with just enough give to be able to support the Wind Raider in multiple poses.

Really nice display. I had fun putting it together. Bring on the castle!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see Roton next or attack track in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I would love to see Roton next or attack track in this line.
    I'm fine with those but I'd rather see Battle Ram and the Talon Fighter

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I'm fine with those but I'd rather see Battle Ram and the Talon Fighter
    Forgot about the Talon Fighter I would like that too.

Yes, a Talon Fighter/Pt. Dread kit would rock!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Got the Windraider, Man At Arms and Evil Lyn at Wal-Mart this week! Killer!

Heroic Warrior
    The thing that bothers me about the way this stuff is coming out is I already bought all the figures once I wish they would have started with the five packs and my personal feeling is the wind raider is my least favorite vehicle I wish they would have started with the land shark or any other vehicle or steed I hope they keep going with this line because I think it could be a homerun

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    The thing that bothers me about the way this stuff is coming out is I already bought all the figures once I wish they would have started with the five packs and my personal feeling is the wind raider is my least favorite vehicle I wish they would have started with the land shark or any other vehicle or steed I hope they keep going with this line because I think it could be a homerun
    I felt no compulsion to buy the new 5-pack because I already own all the characters from individual purchases (some I scored on my own, others thru awesome Orgers). I am not bothered by the inclusion of He-Man and Skeletor with the Wind Raider because they made them "variants". I don't want too many variants, but a few of the core characters is fine with me. Plus if gives us the other weapon options for both.

I too think this could be a huge win for MOTU. Wind Raider isn't my favorite vehicle but it's certainly more iconic than Land Shark (no offense). If we get a Land Shark (which would be awesome!), I hope it comes with BA Skeletor!

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Got my windraider today at Walmart! Great to see MOTU on the shelf. The lady that checked me out told me she needs to buy one for her son who was He-man crazy as a kid. I said Yes you do! Hope we get Castles and more multi pack figures!

Widget
    Hi, can anybody help me with a doubt. I need to know the exact weight and dimensions of the Construx Wind Raider set . I didn't find nothing on Construx site and I don't trust the Amazon description neither entertainmentearth both different. A LOT OF THANKS in advance masters.
    Last edited by javiertoti; February 3, 2019 at 04:41am.

Court Magician
    I picked up the Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Wind Raider at a local Walmart. It’s a fun, quick build. Rather solid too. I think the only new pieces are the front anchor, anchor winch, wings, and tailfin. The figures seem to be the same as previously available, but He-Man now has his axe and Skeletor has his purple power sword. I wish the figures had some kind of different deco, but it’s understandable they’re included.

Skeletor’s boots are completely purple for this set.

I bought a Wind Raider set on Amazon. Unfortunately, it was missing one piece, one of the round-ish pieces that make up the "jet" part on one side (I don't know planes, so not sure what you would call it). Luckily, it is mostly obscured by the wing on that side. I have contacted Mega Construx on their website to hopefully get a replacement piece.

Has anyone done this with success before? This seems to happen to me with building sets; I got the Technodrome set and it was missing a piece for one of the chairs (luckily not an essential piece since it is such a monster to put together), and a Lego set of the Simpsons house is missing some essential pieces to continue putting it together, and I abandoned that one almost 2 years ago now. Of course, at the same time, I got some random extras that I was only supposed to get one of. I hope they send the replacement without any hassle. Other than that setback, this was a neat set, and look forward to hopefully getting that Castle Grayskull.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    The Wind Raider pics look amazing. I look forward to putting mine together.

Hoping for a Castle Grayskull by next Christmas. *fingers crossed
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Aside from Skeletor's feet being purple, He-man's harness is now silver compared to the dull grey from the single release. Paint apps on his belt are different now also.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I bought a Wind Raider set on Amazon. Unfortunately, it was missing one piece, one of the round-ish pieces that make up the "jet" part on one side (I don't know planes, so not sure what you would call it). Luckily, it is mostly obscured by the wing on that side. I have contacted Mega Construx on their website to hopefully get a replacement piece.

Has anyone done this with success before? This seems to happen to me with building sets; I got the Technodrome set and it was missing a piece for one of the chairs (luckily not an essential piece since it is such a monster to put together), and a Lego set of the Simpsons house is missing some essential pieces to continue putting it together, and I abandoned that one almost 2 years ago now. Of course, at the same time, I got some random extras that I was only supposed to get one of. I hope they send the replacement without any hassle. Other than that setback, this was a neat set, and look forward to hopefully getting that Castle Grayskull.
    I've never had missing pieces from a LEGO set, but my Wind Raider was missing a piece, too. It was one of the tile pieces that makes up the internal structure, thankfully, so I just subbed in a LEGO piece and it's not visible on the completed model. Hopefully they'll come through on replacing that turbine piece for you, that's a far more vital (and visible) piece!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Some of my Wind Raider pieces were wedged inside of other, larger pieces. At first I though they were missing but I eventually found them.

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Some of my Wind Raider pieces were wedged inside of other, larger pieces. At first I though they were missing but I eventually found them.
    I definitely looked up and down and all around for this piece, and it was not included.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I was missing a small internal piece as well. It doesn’t show nor does destabilize the vehicle so all is well. I also never had a lego missing a piece before....so step it up Mattel.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Missing pieces happen, even with LEGO. When missing pieces happen, it's generally the smallest and lightest pieces. If I remember correctly, with LEGO it's because those small pieces get counted by weight and they can be mis-weighed by the computers so you tend to get extra of those pieces in case of a mis-weigh. I would expect Mega Construx to use similar counting & weighing procedures to LEGO.

From what I've heard LEGO has always been great about sending people missing pieces; besides the kit's name/number, look up the piece number from the master list in instruction book and provide it in the email/letter/etc.

I would expect Mega Construx to be similarly on the ball when replacing missing pieces, like with LEGO be sure to provide the kit name/number and piece number from the kit's instruction book.