Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mega Construx Wind Raider Attack Construction Set

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    The thing that bothers me about the way this stuff is coming out is I already bought all the figures once I wish they would have started with the five packs and my personal feeling is the wind raider is my least favorite vehicle I wish they would have started with the land shark or any other vehicle or steed I hope they keep going with this line because I think it could be a homerun
    I think re-releasing the first 5 figures in a multipack is a genius move, it lets new collectors jump in easily, which will hopefully increase sales of the vehicle and waves 4-5 and ensure a strong future for the line. Also I like how the 5-pack calls back to vintage packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin83 View Post
    I think re-releasing the first 5 figures in a multipack is a genius move, it lets new collectors jump in easily, which will hopefully increase sales of the vehicle and waves 4-5 and ensure a strong future for the line. Also I like how the 5-pack calls back to vintage packaging.
    The five-pack is also really convenient for us poor souls outside the US who can't get these great mini-figures in shops. It's a lot easier to buy them in one shot and only pay one set of customs fees...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javiertoti View Post
    Hi, can anybody help me with a doubt. I need to know the exact weight and dimensions of the Construx Wind Raider set . I didn't find nothing on Construx site and I don't trust the Amazon description neither entertainmentearth both different. A LOT OF THANKS in advance masters.
    Hi javiertoti, mine just arrived today so if you haven't got this info yet, then it's 27cm by 23cm by 5cm (boxed, obv). It weighs 300g. Hope that's helpful!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

I heard back from Mega Construx customer service, and they are shipping out a replacement piece :-D

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I heard back from Mega Construx customer service, and they are shipping out a replacement piece :-D

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That's fantastic!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I finally had a chance to put this bad-boy together this weekend.

The size is perfect. I love it and hope they can get a lot more out to us.

Personal taste though...I just wish it was LEGO. I'm glad it's MegaConstrux due to the actual figures (the realistic figure vs. the minifigure)...but the build quality of the sets seem like a few notches below LEGO. The plastic is definitely cheaper feeling although they do seem to "snap" tighter. The construction of the Wind Raider seems flimsier than what you would expect from a LEGO set.

Once it's together, that all goes away and I love the "play" aspect of actually being able to wreck these vehicles. My son hasn't really shown any interest in MOTU until we built this and now I may need to get another for "my" display.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Excellent video He-bo!!! Love the background music while putting it together, it was perfect for the video!
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

I hope they continue with the 5 packs. I have still yet to see faker, man at arms, or evil lyn. I only found beast man and teela last month at 5 below. which they receive left over product that hasn't sold elsewhere (similar to big lots) with that said i've still seen borg picards on the shelves from wave 1 at walmarts by me so... yea more 5 packs. and more vehicles please! the wind raider is fantastic.

as for the parts i can personally vouch for missing lego pieces from the box of a few sets ive purchased over the years... so its all relative. as long as mattel replaces the piece its all good.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Warrior
    4FE39B30-17EC-484D-82F7-0C0D520F71AB.jpgI picked up a second one to open and I assembled it this afternoon. Very nice set. I had maybe 4 extra parts left over.
    Last edited by cryanmchsi; February 16, 2019 at 05:30pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey guys. I just bought my first MOTU Construx toy recently - this Wind Raider. I haven't had time to put it together yet, but did "construct" (ha ha) the Skeletor & He-man mini-figures. And, I'm very impressed by these! When I first saw these toys, I initially didn't want to collect them due to the tiny size - i.e., they're so much smaller than the original figures. However, I never got into MOTU Classics (don't like ordering toys online) & since these Construx are available in retail stores at a reasonable price, I decided to get this. And, I'm glad I did.

Good choice to release the Wind Raider. My favorite classic MOTU vehicles are this one & the Battle Ram, so this is an iconic choice & very recognizable to fans of the franchise.

The good:

The fact that the figures & vehicle look close to being a solid - but much smaller - representation of the original toy is fantastic. Great articulation & detail on the figures, and the vehicle looks excellent as well. I like the fact that the figures & vehicle aren't "deformed/exaggerated" versions of the original toys, but just look like much smaller, to scale versions of the classics.

In fact, the much smaller aspect of these toys is actually something that I'm appreciating more as a benefit than a detriment; i.e., they take up less room this way & I would probably be able to buy more of these (due to their being smaller & not taking up much room) vs. collecting something like MOTU Classics - which are much bigger & take up a lot more space, etc.

I'm very glad these aren't LEGO's - I wouldn't have gotten this if they were. Even as a kid, I never liked LEGO's due to their not looking anything like the actual things they represent, re: the vehicles & characters.

The bad:

I never liked having to put any toys together beyond some minimal construction - another reason I never liked LEGO's. I also never liked model kits for the same reason. So, it will be a hassle for me to construct this - but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

In closing, great toy with the only complication being that it needs to be put together.
    Last edited by man-e-faces; May 12, 2019 at 01:19pm.

Thanks to amazon.com I finaly ordered a windraider too
    I'm a bit sad, that the Mega Cunstrux sets aren't regulary available in Germany - so it es more expensive, but luckily buying by amazon shoud cause no trouble with shipping or tax things.
    Chuck Norris isst keinen Honig, er kaut Bienen.

my app.net account

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    Hey guys. I just bought my first MOTU Construx toy recently - this Wind Raider. I haven't had time to put it together yet, but did "construct" (ha ha) the Skeletor & He-man mini-figures. And, I'm very impressed by these! When I first saw these toys, I initially didn't want to collect them due to the tiny size - i.e., they're so much smaller than the original figures. However, I never got into MOTU Classics (don't like ordering toys online) & since these Construx are available in retail stores at a reasonable price, I decided to get this. And, I'm glad I did.

Good choice to release the Wind Raider. My favorite classic MOTU vehicles are this one & the Battle Ram, so this is an iconic choice & very recognizable to fans of the franchise.

The good:

The fact that the figures & vehicle look close to being a solid - but much smaller - representation of the original toy is fantastic. Great articulation & detail on the figures, and the vehicle looks excellent as well. I like the fact that the figures & vehicle aren't "deformed/exaggerated" versions of the original toys, but just look like much smaller, to scale versions of the classics.

In fact, the much smaller aspect of these toys is actually something that I'm appreciating more as a benefit than a detriment; i.e., they take up less room this way & I would probably be able to buy more of these (due to their being smaller & not taking up much room) vs. collecting something like MOTU Classics - which are much bigger & take up a lot more space, etc.

I'm very glad these aren't LEGO's - I wouldn't have gotten this if they were. Even as a kid, I never liked LEGO's due to their not looking anything like the actual things they represent, re: the vehicles & characters.

The bad:

I never liked having to put any toys together beyond some minimal construction - another reason I never liked LEGO's. I also never liked model kits for the same reason. So, it will be a hassle for me to construct this - but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

In closing, great toy with the only complication being that it needs to be put together.
    The size factor lured me in as well after dismissing them at first. I saw people posing Call of Duty Mega figures with modern Transformers during TF: Titans Return. Those TFs had cockpits for 1.5 inch figures that could still seat Mega Construx. And the vehicles for TF lines for years has been to scale with roughly 2 inch humans.

When I realized I could have MOTU figures on my TF shelf, all roughly in scale (TF scale is always a LITTLE fuzzy), that roped me in.

I actually have a design I keep meaning to put on Shapeways to convert 5mm posts (which are ALL OVER modern TFs) to 4.8mm foot pegs for LEGO and Mega Construx so you can have He-Man securely attached to Optimus in action poses. Big thing is, Shapeways works out to $8 a piece plus shipping so what I really need is somebody to cast a bunch.

I just saw Amazon has Wind Raider @ 14.99
    Also the pre-order for Stratos and Scare Glow (4.99 each)

(Stratos showing the incorrect pic)

w333.jpg
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post
    I just saw Amazon has Wind Raider @ 14.99
    Also the pre-order for Stratos and Scare Glow (4.99 each)

(Stratos showing the incorrect pic)

w333.jpg
    For reference, a few of us ran the ASIN against the UPC. It looks like the PHOTOS are correct and the product names and descriptions are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    For reference, a few of us ran the ASIN against the UPC. It looks like the PHOTOS are correct and the product names and descriptions are wrong.
    Thanks for the clarification. I placed my order based on the description. So, I will cancel it now, and will check the other one with the picture of Stratos (description says "Donatello" )

stratos.jpg

CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen