Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Mattel make a Tyrantsaurus Rex from the BIG JW/JP T-Rex?

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

Can Mattel make a Tyrantsaurus Rex from the BIG JW/JP T-Rex?

I just saw the Jurassic World/Park really BIG T-Rex by Mattel at my local Wal-Mart. I was wondering if Mattel could retool and be allowed to use the mold into Tyrantsaurus Rex for King Hsss? It has a compartment in the stomach that you pull figures out that it ate. A little modification and the attack drone could launch from there. Some purple paint, tech parts, and a saddle and we have a potential ride.

I believe it is 50 inches in size, it looked to be about as big as the MOTUC Roton. If someone can Photoshop it that would be great. There are plenty of YouTube reviews on it, I think even Pixal Dan did one.

So could Mattel use the mold with Jurassic World owner's permission to reuse for MOTUC?

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I just saw the Jurassic World/Park really BIG T-Rex by Mattel at my local Wal-Mart. I was wondering if Mattel could retool and be allowed to use the mold into Tyrantsaurus Rex for King Hsss? It has a compartment in the stomach that you pull figures out that it ate. A little modification and the attack drone could launch from there. Some purple paint, tech parts, and a saddle and we have a potential ride.

I believe it is 50 inches in size, it looked to be about as big as the MOTUC Roton. If someone can Photoshop it that would be great. There are plenty of YouTube reviews on it, I think even Pixal Dan did one.

So could Mattel use the mold with Jurassic World owner's permission to reuse for MOTUC?

Man, I'd love for them to do this, but I doubt it could happen. The Jurassic owners probably have some kind of copyright on that particular likeness of the T-Rex...could be wrong. Not sure how these things work.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

They could and they should but the reality of it that I doubt it will happen. If Mattel was still making Motuc, then I would urge everyone and their mother to let Mattel have it with that suggestion, but with super 7 things are churning real slowly and I wouldn't count on that seeing the light of day anytime soon, but I hope I'm wrong. Best thing to die is buy it, paint it, and enjoy that's what I plan on doing. And I have one and it's perfect for King hiss.

It is huge,and as soon as I saw it,I knew were it was going. Right to the motuc section!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I bought one to use with MOTUC, but I imagine painting it could turn it into a sticky horrible nightmare. I'd have to get a pro customizer to paint it, and I wouldn't want to think about the shipping fee to mail it to them and back on top of their commission for the work.
    Last edited by davidlogan; May 31, 2018 at 11:36pm.
    "..."

I’d love this, but thinks it’s increubly unlikely. I do think I’ll pick up one of these Colossal T-Rexes though!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

By one make a custom that's as close and we are going to get and maybe they have a Pterodactyl and Triceratops in that scale to use for Bionatops and Turbodactyl......

I think the 200x line had a techno Raptor

- - - Updated - - -

200x battle raptor

$_57.jpg
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I think the 200x line had a techno Raptor

- - - Updated - - -

200x battle raptor
    As far as I know between the 80's MOTU Line and 200X we have 5 cyborg dinosaurs to work with.

Tyrantsaurus Rex(Snakemen)
    Samurai Battle Raptor(Evil Warriors)
    Bionatops(Masters/Heroic Warriors)
    Turbodactyl(Masters/Heroic Warriors)
    Gigantisaur(Masters/Heroic Warriors?)This one got to the prototype stage, but the few pics we have show He-Man and Man-At-Arms riding it.

I think we could include the Battle Bones in this list as well since the "Skeletor's Dragon" minicomic showed it was some kind of dinosaur-like creature in the past.

I wonder if someone would use parts from a JP/JW triceratops to make their own custom Bashasaurus. At the very least the Trika head is needed and then grab some 6 inch scale vehicle for the body.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

I bought a Super Colossal T-Rex explicitly to repaint as Tyrantosuarus. I also have a Triceratops I plan to convert into Bionatops. I had forgotten all about the Battle Raptor, but feel I may need to pick up an Indoraptor to add to the pile. Not sure how I'm going to to get an appropriate Classics Scale Turbodactyl done and a properly scaled Gigantosaur seems like a pipe dream. But you never know.

Heroic Warrior
    That colossal T-Rex is awesome, and Mattel should obviously give us a purple T-Rex, but it might be up to S7 now. Mattel is out of the He-Man Classics game.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    I bought a Super Colossal T-Rex explicitly to repaint as Tyrantosuarus. I also have a Triceratops I plan to convert into Bionatops. I had forgotten all about the Battle Raptor, but feel I may need to pick up an Indoraptor to add to the pile. Not sure how I'm going to to get an appropriate Classics Scale Turbodactyl done and a properly scaled Gigantosaur seems like a pipe dream. But you never know.
    We obviously share the same agenda, I first made the census of the different customizers available out there who would likely responding efficiently to such a task and fortunately they exist. This colossal Tyarannosaurus is an opportunity in itself. As for the Bionotops, I turned to the "Beasts Of The Mezosoic" brand which is quite fresh and very promising,
    the next kickstarter yet to be set will offer a declination of the triceratops family ( Xenoceratops / Pachyrhinosaurus).

Here's hoping they prosper long enough to cover the widest range of species possible.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    "..."

Man I have been looking for an excuse to buy this. I'm not quite there but this thread makes my head buzz...in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    We obviously share the same agenda, I first made the census of the different customizers available out there who would likely responding efficiently to such a task and fortunately they exist. This colossal Tyarannosaurus is an opportunity in itself. As for the Bionotops, I turned to the "Beasts Of The Mezosoic" brand which is quite fresh and very promising,
    the next kickstarter yet to be set will offer a declination of the triceratops family ( Xenoceratops / Pachyrhinosaurus).

Here's hoping they prosper long enough to cover the widest range of species possible.
    Quick question: what "real" dinosaur looks close enough to the Battle Bones past self? They did show it in a flashback in the "Skeletor's Dragon" minicomic. I know it is at least a quadroped and maybe a carnivore, also really long body. There may not be a earth equivalent but it would awesome to add to a Preternia shelf.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Quick question: what "real" dinosaur looks close enough to the Battle Bones past self? They did show it in a flashback in the "Skeletor's Dragon" minicomic. I know it is at least a quadroped and maybe a carnivore, also really long body. There may not be a earth equivalent but it would awesome to add to a Preternia shelf.

After a quick search it appears you might be right on this matter, the equivalent of it seems
    very hard to find.

Three approaching references:
    - Postosuchus (quadruped / Triassic)
    - Razana (quadruped / Middle Jurassic)
    - Saurosuchus (quadruped / Upper Triassic)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    After a quick search it appears you might be right on this matter, the equivalent of it seems
    very hard to find.

Three approaching references:
    - Postosuchus (quadruped / Triassic)
    - Razana (quadruped / Middle Jurassic)
    - Saurosuchus (quadruped / Upper Triassic)
    Okay, took a look at your dino pics and number 2 looks to have the size and build for Battle Bones "Preternia" form. The ridge on the back even matches the handle placement. The Razana would look great in plastic form. Also your pic shows it is definitely a carnivore. Now we just need to figure out how it's ribs work prior to losing his skin.

Is the Razana in the JP/JW movies or is that one of those wait and see dinos? I still need to see the 2 most recent films and only have seen JP3 and half of JP1, life got busy.

Totally Dyslexic
    That T-Rex is amazing but as far as i recall waaaay way back in 2009 or so they reused the falcon from one of the DC lines for MOTUC or vise versa and DC didnīt liked that. So Mattel stopped doing it.

Since SUPER7 doesīt even have the molds for MOTUC iīm pretty sure they canīt get them for a Jurassic Park/World creature and the FOUR HORSEMEN would need to make one from scratch anyway.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Link to a really well done custom on instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkKc5wsD...tomotucs_kemao
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

At first I was like “guh, why. Dinos are evidence of a toy line out of ideas.”

But that custom looks so sweet and so MOTU that I have great shame for my words and deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Link to a really well done custom on instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkKc5wsD...tomotucs_kemao
    Hope we get more pictures from this user? Wonder how the laser gun is going to look, as well as the drone? Is this vintage or MOTUC scale?

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    What line is the Triceratops you bought from?

I’m hoping to find that T-Rex on clearance at some point. With all the Marvel Legends waves coming out the rest of this year, I’d rather not pay the over $70 CDN it’s going for up here in Canada at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    What line is the Triceratops you bought from?
    The one I have is from the original Kenner/Hasbro Jurassic Park toy line.

The one from the current Mattel Jurassic World line might work, though: