View Poll Results: Which one would you buy first?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mantisaur - Charger

32 56.14%
  • Tyrantisaurus Rex - Silver Storm

9 15.79%
  • Flocked Panthor - Bionotops

8 14.04%
  • Turbodactyl - Clawdeen

8 14.04%

Thread: Mounts of Eternia mini-sub

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar

Mounts of Eternia mini-sub

Back in the previous SDCC, Brian explained that he'd like
    to apprehend that type of offer "as a whole" so if S7 had to venture in that type of offer within 3-5 years which selection would you like first? I did my best to consider every aspects the manufacturer may encouter in such a perspective: bank of toolings, cost issue etc ...

Offer number 1: Mantisaur - Charger
    Offer number 2: Tyrantisaurus Rex - Silver Storm
    Offer number 3: Flocked Panthor - Bionotops
    Offer number 4: Turbodactyl - Clawdeen
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Back in the previous SDCC, Brian explained that he'd like
    to apprehend that type of offer "as a whole" so if S7 had to venture in that type of offer within 3-5 years which selection would you like first? I did my best to consider every aspects the manufacturer may encouter in such a perspective: bank of toolings, cost issue etc ...

Offer number 1: Mantisaur - Charger
    Offer number 2: Tyrantisaurus Rex - Silver Storm
    Offer number 3: Flocked Panthor - Bionotops
    Offer number 4: Turbodactyl - Clawdeen
    All in for all four of you options. Maybe add an Astrosub - Mutant Shuttlepod for those NA fans.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

This was hard. First I went for flocked Panthor & Bionotops, but then I thought as much as I'd love flocked Panthor, we already have him so I went with Tyrantisaurus Rex and Silver Storm. But I also think Clawdeen should be made so its a tricky one.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    All in for all four of you options. Maybe add an Astrosub - Mutant Shuttlepod for those NA fans.
    I'm sorry, that's a missed opportunity here indeed, there's always another time!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    This was hard. First I went for flocked Panthor & Bionotops, but then I thought as much as I'd love flocked Panthor, we already have him so I went with Tyrantisaurus Rex and Silver Storm. But I also think Clawdeen should be made so its a tricky one.
    It is definitely tricky, yes! But that's precisely what makes it so fun doesn't it?
    I found myself litteraly trapped with the few given options here, until the moment I realised that so far the evil horde still get NOTHING! No steed, no vehicles ... So ultimately that's where I decided to point my finger.
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

I had to go with Mantisaur - Charger, mainly for Mantisaur.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

What about the most important mount of all? Mount Eternia - the largest mountain on the planet, and the resting place of the energy beast!

Also, this:

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I had to go with Mantisaur - Charger, mainly for Charger.

I do want Mantisaur but Charger would be a dream come true.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Definitely Mantisaur and Charger! Horde needs a mount/vehicle
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Heroic Warrior
    Turbodactyl - Clawdeen
    Under one condition: Clawdeen has to be based on the vintage toy, not Filmation.

I'd be thrilled with any/all of these. I voted for the Tyrantisaurus Rex/ Silver Storm option because of Rex. If I could pick and choose, I'd be okay if we only got the Rex, Mantisaur, Bionotops, and the Turbodactyl. I'd take the other horses, but I really want Spirit more than nay of those, and I would like to get Catra's panther-form over Clawdeen. Still, they're all great choices!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Since Super7 stated in the last Q & A that they have no plans to do a MOTUC's figure mini subs and that being a small company the four figure model works best for them I can't even see super7 ever doing a Mounts of Eternia mini-sub

I'm not even going to vote as it's just a pipe dream at this time. If they made anything it might be a horse providing the horse buck mold survived at the Mattel Factory. No way would super7 tackle the Dinos as they would just be too massive and each one require 100% brand new tooling that would only get one use.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Went with T-Rex and Silver Storm, but I would love all of them.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Never had, never saw Mantisaur as a kid so no nostalgia. If "Charger" refers to Teela's Minicomic unicorn and it was designed to evoke that style I'd love that.

However I want and have wanted Clawdeen as my next large scale for some time now. And to be clear I'd be happy with a pink Battle Lion with a new accurate vintage toy saddle. AND worst case scenario I can always make one custom...but I'd prefer a real production version. No interest in Turbodactyl but I'd get it if I had to to support Clawdeen.

Definitly no need for flocked Panthor, though Bionotops is ok. Do not know who silver storm is (Catra's horse?).

So to be clear offer number one is clearly probably the best, but I really want/need that Clawdeen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Turbodactyl - Clawdeen
    Under one condition: Clawdeen has to be based on the vintage toy, not Filmation.
    Yes, I hope so. Though as I said a pink battle lion would satisfy me if they had that vintage toy saddle design. It's tops.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Never had, never saw Mantisaur as a kid so no nostalgia. If "Charger" refers to Teela's Minicomic unicorn and it was designed to evoke that style I'd love that.

Do not know who silver storm is (Catra's horse?).
    It is my definition of Charger too, a golden unicorn with a wild floating mane.

Yes, besides, having this steed made kills two birds
    with one stone as it could come with added bonus like dragon wings /alternative mask so we
    can turn it into this dark rider's mount (Filmation) as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Panthor/Bionatops!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Turbodactyl - Clawdeen
    I never thought I'd say this one day but, for once, I give my vote to Filmation and their reinterpretation
    of the beast, much fiercer if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'd be thrilled with any/all of these. I voted for the Tyrantisaurus Rex/ Silver Storm option because of Rex. If I could pick and choose, I'd be okay if we only got the Rex, Mantisaur, Bionotops, and the Turbodactyl. I'd take the other horses, but I really want Spirit more than nay of those, and I would like to get Catra's panther-form over Clawdeen. Still, they're all great choices!
    I share the same feelings my friend. Besides, Jurassic Park hits the box offices these days, and it's been quite a while the moment hasn't been so favorable for that type of figure to be sold.

Thanks to all of the org members for participating so far!
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; June 25, 2018 at 04:28am.

Widget
    Excellent initiative, OnlyOneSkeletor! I'd love such a sub! I give my vote to the pair "Mantisaur - Charger" cause, even if I like the other mounts, I think at this stage of the collection, Hordak desperately needs his monstrous mount. It's an unavoidable priority! As for Charger, I really like this creature from a world both fantasy and barbaric that gives Teela the charm of an amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    Panthor/Bionatops!
    Ahah!... At last, someone willing our flocked panther to get back in its Classics form!

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomskull View Post
    Excellent initiative, OnlyOneSkeletor! I'd love such a sub! I give my vote to the pair "Mantisaur - Charger" cause, even if I like the other mounts, I think at this stage of the collection, Hordak desperately needs his monstrous mount. It's an unavoidable priority! As for Charger, I really like this creature from a world both fantasy and barbaric that gives Teela the charm of an amazon.
    Oh I do agree a hundred percent! Wouldn't that be exciting? I really thing that now is the right time
    for this ... Stridor was offered quite lately, tasting waters (hopefully it was a hit!!), which paves the way for our
    bionic Mantis to strike again! As for the dinos, I supposed you're well aware of what's going on at the box office these days?

- - - Updated - - -

Heroic Warrior
    I picked 1 for the mantasaur, I honestly have no need for the rest. I much rather get road ripper and vehicles over beasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason we are getting a stridor is cause it was a easy make for them by cutting corners and releasing a repaint of the same horse we got. If we never got night stalker from matty and there was no mould for it, we wouldn't be getting it at all. And we've yet to see the quality of their cheaply taken venture.

Fingers crossed my friend, but my guts tell me they are giving a try to provide the best product possible.
    Besides, we really need to keep asking for them (vehicles included) coz that's what has always made
    of Motu(c) a funny ride

- - - Updated - - -

So that's all folks? Any other candidate?
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; July 9, 2018 at 06:55am.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Ahah!... At last, someone willing our flocked panther to get back in its Classics form!

Oh I do agree a hundred percent! Wouldn't that be exciting? I really thing that now is the right time
    for this ... Stridor was offered quite lately, tasting waters (hopefully it was a hit!!), which paves the way for our
    bionic Mantis to strike again! As for the dinos, I supposed you're well aware of what's going on at the box office these days?

- - - Updated - - -
    To date, and to the exception of a few, each main characters have theirs: He-man / Battle Cat - Skeletor / Panthor -
    She-Ra / Swiftwind (which initially does not belong to MOTU). The line ran for ten years already and Hordak's still missing Mantisaur. Pretty unfair if you ask me ... And yes, there couldn't be a better time for Preternian dinos to get back under the limelights, they've successfully invaded the dark rooms for months and months now and nobody seems to complaint about that. I think kids will always like them, I don't know, these creatures tend to fascinate people quite easily.

Mantisaur is honestly my 'most wanted' off that list. I know he's not a mount but I'd love to see Monstroid as well.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Thanks for setting up this poll. Very tough choice, but I would go with:

1. Flocked Panthor - Bionotops (I am waiting for flocked MOTUC Panthor for a long time and combined with Bionotops is a must have)
    2. Mantisaur - Charger (could not decide whether to put Matisaur as no.1 or no.2)
    3. Turbodactyl - Clawdeen (I do not hve any explanation why I am putting this as no.3)
    4. Tyrantisaurus Rex - Silver Storm (I am giving this no.4 only because if the previous three choices are made I am sure they make this one as well)

Just a side note: if there is any chance to do Dino-Riders in MOTUC scale I would definitely collect them. I always liked to imagine how the original Powers of Grayskull toys would combine with Dino-Riders on one shelf in the same scale. On the other hand the Dino-Riders Valorians and Commandos would look great with New Adventures Galactic Protectors and battle forces of planet Primus .

Mantisaur seems to be the most demanded so anything with that would naturally rise to the top. I'd personally support anything that got us more POP horses ... preferably the crystal ones!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards