Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls MOTU Discussion - Wave 2

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Wal-mart and Target are supposed to get the GE release, which includes Zodac/Zodak, Orko, Stinkor, and Randor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last year Target and Wal-Mart had different chase figures and slight paint differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post
    Last year Target and Wal-Mart had different chase figures and slight paint differences.
    That’s correct, but this time around only Hot Topic has exclusives, all other stores will get general edition.

There were also figures of Hordak, Grizzlor, King Grayskull, Buzz Off, and I think maybe Mantenna shown off at Toy Fair. I've not heard any word on if these were going to be part of the current Wave 2, or a future Wave.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Zodac/Zodak
    *Puts MOTU nerd hat on* I believe these are two different characters now.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    *Puts MOTU nerd hat on* I believe these are two different characters now.
    Correct. Zodak refers to the 200x character who was supposedly a mentee of Zodac, the original. Both are featured in Wave 2.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    There were also figures of Hordak, Grizzlor, King Grayskull, Buzz Off, and I think maybe Mantenna shown off at Toy Fair. I've not heard any word on if these were going to be part of the current Wave 2, or a future Wave.
    Wondering the same.

I do not think that will be part of wave , that should be wave 3.

Hope that is not cancelled though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post
    I don't know for sure but I imagine Target and/or Wal-Mart will get a different line of figures (at least small modifications like in Wave 1)
    OK thanks buddy
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I absolutely love these guys and I bought a case from BBTS which is still sitting in my pile of loot lol, but at some point there is a fine line between a fun treasure hunt and a completely frustrating impossibility. With Masters of the Universe Classics I at least have a chance of getting every figure thank goodness. With The Loyal Subjects I have learned that I will never ever own every figure and the hunt is not fun at all...it is just frustrating knowing that I will not ever own the ones that I really want.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I haven't seen wave 2 in Australia yet, hopefully not to far off.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I absolutely love these guys and I bought a case from BBTS which is still sitting in my pile of loot lol, but at some point there is a fine line between a fun treasure hunt and a completely frustrating impossibility. With Masters of the Universe Classics I at least have a chance of getting every figure thank goodness. With The Loyal Subjects I have learned that I will never ever own every figure and the hunt is not fun at all...it is just frustrating knowing that I will not ever own the ones that I really want.
    I agree. I'm usually a completionist when it comes to the toy lines I collect, but since Loyal Subjects makes completionism impossible, I find it much easier to pass over figures I would otherwise buy. I had the Hot Topic exclusive Battle Cat and Panthor in my hands this weekend, but found myself underwhelmed by their designs (and the fact that the flocking covers their eyes and teeth), so I put them back on the shelf. There's no drive to buy all the figures I find when I know I'll never own a complete set. It's a bit of a relief to me (no frustrating hunt, no aching wallet), but not very good business for LS.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

If you just resign yourself to the fact that you will most likely get all the figs other than the “Gold” and Club 28s, and just treat those as added bonuses, you can do fine. I also only pick the color variants I want to collect, and don’t necessarily “need” 5 different He-Mans (In that regard it’s same as Super 7s 5.5s)

Widget
    Got my case from BBTS today
    (2) BA Skeletor
    (1) Stinkor
    (2) Ram-Man
    (2) Mer-Man (1 blind box)
    (1) Fisto
    (2) BA He-Man (1 blind box)
    (1) Blue Sorceress
    (1) Pink Sorceress (blind box)

I walked into EB Games on a general search around and was delighted to find a full case... including the not-so-rare but my #1 want, Stinkor... and Orko!

The same day, flocked Battle-cat and Panthor from Hot Topic.

That's a pretty good day I'd say. The case had 4 blind boxes and I resisted, hopefully they don't haunt me but I felt getting Orko was win enough and I don't really want anyone else (already have what I wanted from the Hot Topic release earlier this year).

I do wish Orko was more common...silly for such a popular, main character.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... and that flocking on the cats? Flocking bad... but I decided I was OK to modify them as needed... excavating eyes, teeth and nose (and tongue).

Looking not too bad now...

Managed to get some at London Comic Con

BA Skelly, Mer-Man, Stinkor, Fisto, Ram Man and two Orkos.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I agree. I'm usually a completionist when it comes to the toy lines I collect, but since Loyal Subjects makes completionism impossible, I find it much easier to pass over figures I would otherwise buy. I had the Hot Topic exclusive Battle Cat and Panthor in my hands this weekend, but found myself underwhelmed by their designs (and the fact that the flocking covers their eyes and teeth), so I put them back on the shelf. There's no drive to buy all the figures I find when I know I'll never own a complete set. It's a bit of a relief to me (no frustrating hunt, no aching wallet), but not very good business for LS.
    I am a completist too, but with Loyal Subjects that is impossible indeed but happy with the figures I got.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Is there a BST thread for these specificity? I think it would be very beneficial.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    Is there a BST thread for these specificity? I think it would be very beneficial.
    There are several on Facebook, it’s where I got most of the ones I’ve missed out on in stores.

What does b s t mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    What does b s t mean?
    Binary Search Tree?
    British Summer Time?
    Barium Strontium Titanate?
    Behavioral Science Technology?
    But Seriously Though?

But seriously though lol, in this case it stands for "Buy, Sell, Trade".
    Last edited by depp76; June 11, 2019 at 05:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    You can create a thread in the Modern He-Man and She-Ra Marketplace (2008 - ?) to buy, sell, and trade for Loyal Subjects. No posting in this or other non-marketplace threads about B-S-T, though.

I don’t use it anymore. I did post in the marketplace.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

I bought a bunch.
    All of the dark window boxes were just repeats of the commons I also bought - BA Skeletor, Stinkor and Merman.

Widget
    I ordered a case from Amazon that finally showed up last night.

- 2x Battle Armor Skeletor
    - 2x Battle Armor He-Man
    - 2x Mer-Man
    - 2x Stinkor
    - 1x Ram-Man
    - 1x Fisto
    - 1x Sorceress (blue/white)
    - 1x Zodak

Not a bad box but unfortunately I already had Sorceress and Fisto. Was hoping for Orko.

Haven’t seen any sign of these at Walmart or Target yet.

I really wanted to get into this line... I really did, but the LS shotty distribution and poor communication on release, makes it impossible. I find it absurd that these were released back in February at hot topic and just now amazon and bbts are getting theirs in. Plus Walmart and Target have none in sight. When there is that far apart of a release you get kinda over it.
    Hoping they reveal wave 2 of thundercats at sdcc because i have all of the first wave so anxiously awaiting the twins, pumyra, lynxo and bengali, plus rattaro, safari joe, and hammer-hand
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Have a case from bbts on its way. Hope I get some good ones. I just want zodac or randor or sorceress. Don't want that orko. He has a orange hat. I'll wait for the walmart or Walgreens that will have a normal orko. But who I mainly want is merman tamman fisto and stinkor.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Have a case from bbts on its way. Hope I get some good ones. I just want zodac or randor or sorceress. Don't want that orko. He has a orange hat. I'll wait for the walmart or Walgreens that will have a normal orko. But who I mainly want is merman tamman fisto and stinkor.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    The Walmart, Walgreens, and Target set will be the same as what you get from BBTS. The only difference in sets is the Hot Topic Exclusive set.