Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls MOTU Discussion - Wave 2

Fighting hard to resist collecting this line. I already started with Funko Pops and don’t have room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Fighting hard to resist collecting this line. I already started with Funko Pops and don’t have room for both.
    Just do it, they're little!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Just do it, they're little!
    exactly. They take up no space at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ROTM View Post
    exactly. They take up no space at all.
    That's what I thought about Pops and now I have a Funko wing in my apartment.

yeah I hear that, iI unfortunately sold off half my pops, well over 100 cause well with a 600+ snake mountain on the way and a crap ton of x-related marvel legends, my space AND my budget only allows for so much sadly. I watch hoarders and I get down on myself so alas someone else gets my pops. Just kept the ones I really really like.

* this may have been asked already but; Dan, question for you... did you happen to ask those Loyal Subjects guys about wave 2 of thundercats? My guess is it'll include wilykit and kat, lynx-o, rataro, pumyra, ben-gali, berbils, grune... etc etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jabus View Post
    Its likely Target and Walmart will eventually get their own store sets. Walgreens have push thru their stock of ThunderCats at the moment, and they have a set of Megaman to get thru after that - so if walgreens were to get the new MOTU, it won't be for a while.

Walgreens was extremely late in the game with that last assortment of thundercats... finally saw the slithe wave in SoCal in november of last year, 5 months after it was supposed to hit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Okay, so in their IG stories they did a tour of their TF booth...
    Attachment 119463
    Attachment 119464
    Attachment 119465
    Attachment 119466
    He said "add ons"...not sure what to nake of that.
    my guess is that these are Walgreens, Target and Walmart and possibly Gamestop exclusives. Would have had a toys r us exclusive but well ya know....
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Are they for wave 3 ?
    Weird they are showing us some new figures right now, isn't it ?
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Court Magician
    Or maybe a She-Ra centric wave? Thereís a few Horde characters which seems like a pattern. Maybe an odd pattern to apply to retailer exclusive figures.

At least Wave 2 isn't all blind boxes this time but oh my gosh they're still ridiculously priced. $15 is closer to what the 6-inch figures should be. These things shouldn't be any more than 6 or 7 dollars each. Those of you who have almost complete collections, I don't even want to know what you paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    At least Wave 2 isn't all blind boxes this time but oh my gosh they're still ridiculously priced. $15 is closer to what the 6-inch figures should be. These things shouldn't be any more than 6 or 7 dollars each. Those of you who have almost complete collections, I don't even want to know what you paid for them.
    Itís rough. Iím not a completist by any means, but I just paid $55 for Prince Adam. I mean, if youíre collecting a line of MOTU you need Prince Adam, right? There are people that need every color variation and Iím not there yet.

That said, they are $15 at Hot Topic, but Hot Topic typically has a BOGO 1/2 off. Other retailers usually sell them for around $12.

$6 or $7 is a little low considering all the articulation, the, unique sculpts, and accessories, but I get what youíre saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    I don’t collect these but I have been to 2 Hot Topic stores both had the Loyal Subjects but sold out fast and none have restocked. Did I miss the boat on these. I was trying to help out someone on the boards here.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I donít collect these but I have been to 2 Hot Topic stores both had the Loyal Subjects but sold out fast and none have restocked. Did I miss the boat on these. I was trying to help out someone on the boards here.
    Basically yes, at least for the Hot Topic exclusives. Most Hot Topics got one or two shipments in and that was it. That said, there is a general release of the wave with color variants of the same figs, a few extra figs, etc. These will be coming to Walmart, Target, etc and are available for pre-orders on several online retailers like BBTS, JRs Toy World, and EE. Mekanek was exclusive to Hot Topic though, and winít be available in the general release.

I ordered a set of six of the Hot Topic exclusive figures and paid around $10 or less each for them! It's the Hot Topic commons but I couldn't pass them Up: Ram Man, Fisto, Mekaneck, Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor, and Blue Mer-Man. They are very cool. I actually ordered another lot of series 1 figures so now I have a decent collection going. The rarity on some of these figures is absolutely ridiculous, though, and just seems to be incredibly off putting.

The figures are cool, though, and I'm down for any I can pickup loose for around $10 bucks.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Yeah, you canít be a completist without having thousands to spend. I was lucky enough to find a Club 28 Wundar at HT. Posted it on a Facebook group that I found and instantly had 3 people message me about buying it. I ended up selling it later that same day for $1000 plus the King Randor and Sorceress figs, which are 1/96 and 1/24 respectively. With only 28 pieces, there is no way everyone can have a Wundar in their collection, so I can see how some could be put off by that. For me, however, it adds a bit of thrill to the hunt. I was okay giving it up for $ and two other figs of less rarity but ones I wanted more than Wundar. At 1/96, even HT King Randor is limited to about 110-150 pieces.

stained glass artist fishbrigade's Avatar
    Can I find Club 28 figures anywhere or are they exclusive to Hot Topic or something?
    Over 40 successful trades here on the org feedback

Quote Originally Posted by fishbrigade View Post
    Can I find Club 28 figures anywhere or are they exclusive to Hot Topic or something?
    Club 28 figures are typically store or assortment-specific. For the HT exclusive set, there was Wundar and ďSnoobĒ (which was an evil Orko variant), and for the general release the Club 28 is a striped Trollan.

Same with Wave 1- the Target, Walmart, and TRU assortments all had different Club 28s, I think. I was a little late to the game on the first wave, so I donít recall which store had which, but there were four Club 28s: Two different Anti-Eternia He-Man, Slime Pit He-Man, and a variant colorway Man-E-Faces.

Heroic Warrior
    Geez a 1000 bucks I have to ask how did you get the figure originally. Did you camp out in front of Hot Topic in order to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Yeah, you can’t be a completist without having thousands to spend. I was lucky enough to find a Club 28 Wundar at HT. Posted it on a Facebook group that I found and instantly had 3 people message me about buying it. I ended up selling it later that same day for $1000 plus the King Randor and Sorceress figs, which are 1/96 and 1/24 respectively. With only 28 pieces, there is no way everyone can have a Wundar in their collection, so I can see how some could be put off by that. For me, however, it adds a bit of thrill to the hunt. I was okay giving it up for $ and two other figs of less rarity but ones I wanted more than Wundar. At 1/96, even HT King Randor is limited to about 110-150 pieces.

Geez a 1000 bucks I have to ask how did you get it the figure originally. Did you camp out in front of Hot Topic in order to get one?
    No I completely lucked out. Right before Christmas I decided to take the afternoon off of work to get some shopping done. I had already asked Hot Topic to call me when they came in. They didnít call, so I decided to check anyway. Walked in, and there was a fresh case sitting on the shelf, probably 2 hours after they opened.

Heroic Warrior
    I was told at my local HT someone came in and wiped them out with the Loyal Subjects. Good thing I don’t collect these but sheesh I could have put a brown payment on a car with that Wundar, dad gum.

stained glass artist fishbrigade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Club 28 figures are typically store or assortment-specific.
    Perfect, Just what I wanted to know. Thank you very much!
    Over 40 successful trades here on the org feedback

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    I was told at my local HT someone came in and wiped them out with the Loyal Subjects. Good thing I don’t collect these but sheesh I could have put a brown payment on a car with that Wundar, dad gum.
    What color payment did you have to settle for?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon

And this is why i'm not busting my you-know-whats to try and get this stuff anymore. I've given up trying round my neck of the woods. If they eventually end up coming my way, great, but I'm over it now.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KidTDragon View Post
    What color payment did you have to settle for?
    Sorry I meant down payment.

These little guys are really cool but they're such a turn off with all the stupid variants, chase figures and high price tags. Some millionaire paid $1000 for a 3-inch vinyl toy. Holy Crap!!! Plus, stores can't even keep these things stocked. So sad what this industry has come to. Take me back to the 80's and 90's when you could actually collect toys.

I just ordered a case of them from an online retailer for $119. Thatís $9.91 per figure, and a case is likely to have two chases. Iíll sell off the doubles for cost. It may be hard to find them in stores but they are readily available online. The general release is also supposed to be hitting Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and Rite-Aid, so I think they should be readily available once they hit in early April.

I see the Club 28s as a bonus. Lucky if you get one, but not necessary to consider your collection ďcompleteĒ, because most people wonít get one.

Got Mini-Comic Sorceress today.