Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls MOTU Discussion - Wave 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    First off, I'm having the same BBTS issue as most of you. I ordered Panthor and Battle Cat on the same ticket, and I got a notice for Battle Cat (which could be here tomorrow), and nothing for Panthor.

Second, I got my wave 2 case from Entertainment Earth! I was happy with the basics, they look great, but I had some disappointment. I REALLY wanted Fisto, and he is supposed to be 1 per case, and I DIDNT GET ONE!!
    Then, my 2 CHASE figures were the 1/24 Sorceress and 1/96 Pink Sorceress. I didn't want the Pink sorceress at all (it's up on Ebay), and I didn't need the other Sorceress as I got the Hot Topic version which is identical, other than a lighter shade of blue. But, I'll keep both of them.

So no Fisto, and no Orko, Randor, or Zodak. But BA He-Man, BA Skeletor, Stinkor, Mer-Man, and Ram Man are awesome!

Something else that sucked was the 1/24 Sorceress had her rear end fall off lol. One, you could never tell due to her wings. Two, it snaps back on, it just doesn't hold well. Some epoxy will fix that right up though, if I even do it at all. like I said, the wings cover her rear end.
    There seem to be 3 or 4 different case assortments. I got the same one as you: 2 different Sorceress, no Fisto, Orko, Randor, or Zodac/Zodak. Other assortments seem to have a Fisto, Orko, and Zodac together, or the third I’ve seen is Fisto, Zodak, and blue Sorceress (if I recall correctly). I think Orko also comes in the Randor case. Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I’ve had Panthor and Battlecat on pre-order from BBTS since February and have heard nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    First off, I'm having the same BBTS issue as most of you. I ordered Panthor and Battle Cat on the same ticket, and I got a notice for Battle Cat (which could be here tomorrow), and nothing for Panthor.

Second, I got my wave 2 case from Entertainment Earth! I was happy with the basics, they look great, but I had some disappointment. I REALLY wanted Fisto, and he is supposed to be 1 per case, and I DIDNT GET ONE!!
    Then, my 2 CHASE figures were the 1/24 Sorceress and 1/96 Pink Sorceress. I didn't want the Pink sorceress at all (it's up on Ebay), and I didn't need the other Sorceress as I got the Hot Topic version which is identical, other than a lighter shade of blue. But, I'll keep both of them.

So no Fisto, and no Orko, Randor, or Zodak. But BA He-Man, BA Skeletor, Stinkor, Mer-Man, and Ram Man are awesome!

Something else that sucked was the 1/24 Sorceress had her rear end fall off lol. One, you could never tell due to her wings. Two, it snaps back on, it just doesn't hold well. Some epoxy will fix that right up though, if I even do it at all. like I said, the wings cover her rear end.
    Ok so you can settle this since you own both. What sorceress was darker and what one was lighter so we have a definitive answer.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a bit upset over this fisto news. I was under the impression every case had 1. And it stinks to know I'll never own a randor, zodac or sorceress.

I just got the email about my Battle Cat arrival coming soon. No Panthor news, though.

I already have the Hot Topic Fisto so I'm not too bummed. Still hoping to get Orko, though.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Yup my Battle Cat just went into my Pile of Loot, but not a word about Panthor.

Same. Battle cat shipped, no Panthor

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah just bc arrived no panthor.

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    I ordered a couple cases from my comic shop through Diamond and they are scheduled to arrive this Wednesday.

Woo Hoo!

How long did these sell for? I never even got to see this Wave. I went to two places that were on Loyal Subjects list of retailers and I didn't see squat.

Only Hot Topic (brick and mortar) and a few online shops have had these available.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls MOTU Discussion - Wave 2

Got my Battle Cat and Panthor. They're fun for sure. I like this line primarily for the crossover possibilities with the Thundercats line (last pic!). Loyal Subjects have their finger on something and these two are definitely a step forward for the line.

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post
    I ordered a couple cases from my comic shop through Diamond and they are scheduled to arrive this Wednesday.

Woo Hoo!
    Can you post which assortment you got once you receive them? It seems the chases come in one of 4-5 different case combinations.

Widget
    Got my box and both cats in today, ordered from diamond through my local game shop... out of 12 I received 2 skeletor , 2 Stinkor , 2 Raman,2Merman,1 heman , 1 blue sorceress ,1Fisto and 1 Zodac .
    Super surprised Skeletor came with 4 weapons! I had found a wave 2 Skeletor at hot topic back in late dec and he only came with sword and Havok staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendfang View Post
    Got my box and both cats in today, ordered from diamond through my local game shop... out of 12 I received 2 skeletor , 2 Stinkor , 2 Raman,2Merman,1 heman , 1 blue sorceress ,1Fisto and 1 Zodac .
    Super surprised Skeletor came with 4 weapons! I had found a wave 2 Skeletor at hot topic back in late dec and he only came with sword and Havok staff.
    That’s a good assortment. The case I got a month or two back when they first shipped was 2 each if Skelly, He-Man, Ram-Man, Stinkor, and Mer-Man, and 1 Blue/ 1Pink Sorceress. Really wanted Orko or Zodac/Zodak.

I also received my two cases from Diamond today as well as Battle Cat and Panthor.

I'll be posting some pictures in a few hours!

- - - Updated - - -

case1.jpgcase2.jpg

Case 1:

(2) BA Skeletor (1 blind box)
    (2) Stinkor (1 blind box)
    (2) Ram-Man
    (2) Mer-Man
    (1) Fisto
    (1) BA He-Man (blind box)
    (1) Zodak (blind box)
    (1) Blue Sorceress (blind box)

Case 2:

(2) BA Skeletor
    (1) Stinkor
    (2) Ram-Man
    (2) Mer-Man (1 blind box)
    (1) Fisto
    (2) BA He-Man (1 blind box)
    (1) Blue Sorceress
    (1) Pink Sorceress (blind box)

Sorry I got the pictures slightly out of whack -- have one of my Case 1 figs in the Case 2 picture :-)

If anyone wants to trade an Orko for a Blue Sorceress let me know.

I don't know how Loyal Subjects stays in business? We should be seeing these things everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    I don't know how Loyal Subjects stays in business? We should be seeing these things everywhere.
    Online pre-orders have been brisk, from what I can tell. Plus, they’re currently focusing on the Game of Thrones waves now with MOTU being released to box stores soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Online pre-orders have been brisk, from what I can tell. Plus, they’re currently focusing on the Game of Thrones waves now with MOTU being released to box stores soon.

when they go to box stores, will the figures generally look the same as this hot topic wave?

Also, I first found the wave 1 in Wal Greens which is how I started buying these. Were they sold at another store before then like this wave was sold at hot topic?

I remember two of the Wal-Marts by me had Wave 1 for a very short amount of time. Like a ridiculous short amount of time. I was able to get a Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw in that time frame and then they were just gone. At least with Wave 2 you can see what you're getting. $13 was way too much to spend on the risk that you'd get a double. Anyway, now I just can't find them. Even in stores like Hot Topic and Barnes & Noble where they're supposed to be sold. It's possible though that some tool came in and bought the whole box ruining it for the rest of us. These are just handled so poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    when they go to box stores, will the figures generally look the same as this hot topic wave?

Also, I first found the wave 1 in Wal Greens which is how I started buying these. Were they sold at another store before then like this wave was sold at hot topic?
    Wave 1 was sold at Toyr R Us, Walmart, Target, and Hot Topic and each had exclusive color variants. I believe there was also a “general edition” for comic book shops, Walgreens. Etc. i was late on the game to those so I’m not sure.

With Wave 2, there are two releases. The Hot Topic release had exclusive colors and Mekanek as an exclusive character. Each Hot Topic pretty much received two cases and once they were gone, they were gone. The “General Edition” is what is showing up now and has Stinkor and Orko instead of Mekanek, with mostly original toy colors vs. special variants. GE release is supposed to be making its way to Walmart, Target and Walgreens by the end of May or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    I remember two of the Wal-Marts by me had Wave 1 for a very short amount of time. Like a ridiculous short amount of time. I was able to get a Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw in that time frame and then they were just gone. At least with Wave 2 you can see what you're getting. $13 was way too much to spend on the risk that you'd get a double. Anyway, now I just can't find them. Even in stores like Hot Topic and Barnes & Noble where they're supposed to be sold. It's possible though that some tool came in and bought the whole box ruining it for the rest of us. These are just handled so poorly.
    People definitely buy the whole box trying to get the chases and Club 28s. I see people ordering 6-8 cases at a time online and selling their dupes for a profit. I can’t afford to do that, but I did buy one case and made over half my money back by selling the duplicates.

Also, flocked versions of Battle Cat and Panthor are supposed to start showing up at Hot Topics in the next 1-2 weeks.

Even better..