Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls MOTU Discussion - Wave 2

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    The Walmart, Walgreens, and Target set will be the same as what you get from BBTS. The only difference in sets is the Hot Topic Exclusive set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you’re referring to the Striped “Trollan prisoner” that’s a Club 28 which means only 28 of them in existence. They’re worth a mint if you find one and decide you don’t want it.

Heroic Warrior
    The Walmart, Walgreens, and Target set will be the same as what you get from BBTS. The only difference in sets is the Hot Topic Exclusive set.

As of now. They'll have another store exclusive. There's no way an orange hat orko is the only orko we are getting.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    If you’re referring to the Striped “Trollan prisoner” that’s a Club 28 which means only 28 of them in existence. They’re worth a mint if you find one and decide you don’t want it.

No he's saying hot topic is the only exclusives for this second wave and general release will be at all the stores and no one will have an exclusive like walmart did and hot topic and target did with the first wave,

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    As of now. They'll have another store exclusive. There's no way an orange hat orko is the only orko we are getting.

It is, though. There will be only two wave 2 sets: the Hot Topic and the General Edition. There are no Walmart or Target exclusives this time around.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my case. Realized as I was counting my heman and merman and stinkor would only mean the blind boxes were each them. Well, I ended up get one stinkor, luckily I got that one, though cause I was after only one. But this case was ok. I got both sorceress just wish the pink one was randor or zodac or even orko even though I don't want that orko.

Hmmm, isn't Orko with an orange hat...just regular Orko? He looks pretty classic to me.

Which version are you hoping for?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Hmmm, isn't Orko with an orange hat...just regular Orko? He looks pretty classic to me.

Which version are you hoping for?
    All red. When did he have a orange hat?it don't look right to me so I have no interest in that one. I'm glad I nailed a sorceress though. I'm happy with the filmation one over the classics one from hot topic. I would've been ok with either though. But must've missed the hot topic ones at my hot topic. I checked back in January and there was no sign of them nor did the girl have a clue what I was talking about lol.

All red. When did he have a orange hat?it don't look right to me so I have no interest in that one. I'm glad I nailed a sorceress though. I'm happy with the filmation one over the classics one from hot topic. I would've been ok with either though. But must've missed the hot topic ones at my hot topic. I checked back in January and there was no sign of them nor did the girl have a clue what I was talking about lol.

Well, it seems to be a pretty standard look but I'll agree that the orange sometimes appears more red depending on the image. But if you look across most depictions, through the Character guide or just googling Orko (look at the vintage toy) it's definitely orange.

I was fortunate with my Hot Topics, no announcement just blind luck! They definitely didn't know what I was talking about when I had been asking.

Same with the common case I found at EB Games...though I was glad my top want was Stinkor, since he was an easier one to get.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, it seems to be a pretty standard look but I'll agree that the orange sometimes appears more red depending on the image. But if you look across most depictions, through the Character guide or just googling Orko (look at the vintage toy) it's definitely orange.

I was fortunate with my Hot Topics, no announcement just blind luck! They definitely didn't know what I was talking about when I had been asking.

Same with the common case I found at EB Games...though I was glad my top want was Stinkor, since he was an easier one to get.
    You're right. I went and looked at some pics. It varies, even the body color varied. The shirt I had on that day had orko and his everything was all red. The figure just looks odd. I never even noticed his hat was orange or even a slight shade off from the body. Never even realized all these years on the cartoon his hat was different. The tls toy is more than a shade, that's why it's looked off to me.

You're right. I went and looked at some pics. It varies, even the body color varied. The shirt I had on that day had orko and his everything was all red. The figure just looks odd. I never even noticed his hat was orange or even a slight shade off from the body. Never even realized all these years on the cartoon his hat was different. The tls toy is more than a shade, that's why it's looked off to me.

Fair enough! I think it matches the vintage toy...which is what clicks in my head and seemed right to me. But if MOTU has anything, it's variation of character design!

Heroic Warrior
    Fair enough! I think it matches the vintage toy...which is what clicks in my head and seemed right to me. But if MOTU has anything, it's variation of character design!
    That's the truth lol. Man, looks like I have to figure out a way to get an orko. Or just close the dorks on this wave like I did the last one lol. Wanted the target teela and never got around to getting one now she's pricey. So that stinks too

Has anyone found Wave 2 at retail in the US yet. I remember reading someone found them at Gamestop, but they were in Canada if I'm not mistaken.

Heroic Warrior
    Bought two boxes off of amazon warehouse deal. One was opened and picked through with no variants and only 3 blacked out boxes and the other one was missing 4 of the characters boxes but did have the blue and pink sorceress. Sad that people are that shady. Sending them back.

None have been found in US retail yet, though they are supposed to be showing up sometime this summer.

As far as ordering from Amazon, don’t do it. People have reported getting a single box when ordering a case, as well as getting picked through cases. Order from EE or someplace like that and you will get a factory sealed case in it’s shipping box.

I found a case of wave two at a GO! Calendar store in the mall by me. I only wanted Stinkor, and as someone had already been nosey in popping open the 3 blind boxes in there, I got him!

The distribution of these is poor to say the least. I never once saw them at any Target stores round my way. Hot Topic had two individual figures and FYE, well, that was a flash in the pan too.

Still, got the one I wanted without resorting to Ebay. I'll not complain if I find a Sorceress though!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    I found a case of wave two at a GO! Calendar store in the mall by me. I only wanted Stinkor, and as someone had already been nosey in popping open the 3 blind boxes in there, I got him!

The distribution of these is poor to say the least. I never once saw them at any Target stores round my way. Hot Topic had two individual figures and FYE, well, that was a flash in the pan too.

Still, got the one I wanted without resorting to Ebay. I'll not complain if I find a Sorceress though!
    Wooo! Congrats...Stinkor is the best. He was my top want as well, along with Orko.

I'm still amazed I found a full case at EB Games...and that the ones I wanted were just sitting there. I'm glad Stinkor wasn't rare...since these seem to be hard enough to find regardless. When I went back in a week the rest were gone and I've seen nothing of them since.

Still supposed to be hitting Target and Walmarts sometime between now and fall.

Right now in the US you need to find them at comic shops unless you order online.

Heroic Warrior Long Live He-Man's Avatar
    Judging by how quiet this thread has become, I guess there are no SDCC reveals for new product.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Live He-Man View Post
    Judging by how quiet this thread has become, I guess there are no SDCC reveals for new product.
    I haven't seen anything. Loyal Subjects has been focusing on the new My Hero Academia and Game of Thrones stuff, with exclusives for those (available online earlier today).

We did see other characters on display at New York Toy Fair but...not sure what's happening with them.