Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 Skeletor plaid shirt from Super7

SDCC 2018 Skeletor plaid shirt from Super7

From Super7:
    "Skeletor! Plaid! An exclusive apparel collaboration between Super7 and JCRT for our MOTU Hordak's Lair pop-up event during Comic-Con International next week! Features an embroidered Havoc Staff patch on the left chest.

Hordak's Lair
    701 8th Avenue, San Diego
    Wednesday - July 18th: 9:00pm to Midnight
    Thursday - July 19th: 11:00am to 9:00pm

No SDCC badge is needed to visit Hordak's Lair and it will be open to the public on a first come, first serve basis."

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    From Super7:
    "Skeletor! Plaid! An exclusive apparel collaboration between Super7 and JCRT for our MOTU Hordak's Lair pop-up event during Comic-Con International next week! Features an embroidered Havoc Staff patch on the left chest.

Hordak's Lair
    701 8th Avenue, San Diego
    Wednesday - July 18th: 9:00pm to Midnight
    Thursday - July 19th: 11:00am to 9:00pm

No SDCC badge is needed to visit Hordak's Lair and it will be open to the public on a first come, first serve basis."
    Very cool. Maybe these will end up online and I’ll be able to snag one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

I haven't worn plaid since the very early '90s outside of a Halloween costume here and there, but this... this I think I could rock.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, have you seen the badass Universal Monsters X Saucony sneakers Super7 is also doing for SDCC?
    It would kill me if they did MOTU ones and we weren't able to get them online at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I haven't worn plaid since the very early '90s outside of a Halloween costume here and there, but this... this I think I could rock.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, have you seen the badass Universal Monsters X Saucony sneakers Super7 is also doing for SDCC?
    It would kill me if they did MOTU ones and we weren't able to get them online at some point.
    Like these?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sol...s-diadora-bait

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Like these?

Gaahhhh!!! I've never seen those before! First I was bummed that they don't have my size, then my wallet saw the price tag on those and said "GOOD." Ha ha!

Any idea how much any of this Super7 apparel is running?

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Like these?

Those are so cool!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Those are so cool!
    I thought they were really cool too. I remember seeing them a while ago and wanting to pick up a pair but they were out of my price range.

That shirt looks like something Brian Flynn would wear in one of his videos. I feel like he's always got a flannel on.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Brian does seem to love his flannel
    That’s fine, it suits him
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Ok now where can us unfortunate ones buy this as well as the T-shirts?

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody???

- - - Updated - - -

How do we get this?
    Last edited by depp76; July 22, 2018 at 04:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Ok now where can us unfortunate ones buy this as well as the T-shirts?

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody???

- - - Updated - - -

How do we get this?
    If any stock remains after the convention, Super 7 has been known to put it on their website in 1-2 weeks. They might opt instead to schlep these from con to con, but either way, I'd look for exclusives to hit their website in 1-5 weeks. Watch your inbox!
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Well I thought I wanted this until I saw the $125.00 price. That is absolutely ridiculous. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Well I thought I wanted this until I saw the $125.00 price. That is absolutely ridiculous. No thank you.
    Funny price for something made in Bangladesh for what... 1 dollar fifty?

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Funny price for something made in Bangladesh for what... 1 dollar fifty?
    That might be funny, except for this fact that is on the product page: Each shirt was hand cut, hand sewn, and handmade in the USA.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    That might be funny, except for this fact that is on the product page: Each shirt was hand cut, hand sewn, and handmade in the USA.
    Which makes the shirt more valuable and awesome. It is not one of those disposable clothes nowadays.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

So did anyone here actually buy it?

So did anyone here actually buy it?
    Yep! I ordered mine slightly too large, however, so I’m going to see if the next size down fits better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but 125$ do my eyes deceive me? yikes!
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Thatīs interesting, because according to JCRT, which is the manufacturer, their shirts are made in in Dominican Republic. Is this a limited US production run or did S7 make this up?

Thatīs interesting, because according to JCRT, which is the manufacturer, their shirts are made in in Dominican Republic. Is this a limited US production run or did S7 make this up?
    I'd be interested in knowing where you found out where JC-RT's clothing is made, because I have scoured their site and social media, and don't see anywhere that it's mentioned. Granted, I would expect them to tout it was made in the US if it was, but still....

Regardless of that, $125 is what JC-RT charges for all of their plaid shirts on their site, so mocking Super7 for that $125 price tag isn't really fair if that's what the manufacturer sells them for.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I'd be interested in knowing where you found out where JC-RT's clothing is made
    I asked them

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Yep! I ordered mine slightly too large, however, so I’m going to see if the next size down fits better.
    Are you able to confirm on the shirt tags where it says it was made?

I asked them
    That certainly raises the question of why Super7 has it listed as them being hand-made in the USA. I did watch a video on the JC-RT site that kind of shows how they make their shirts, and the video could probably be interpreted to seem like they handmake them in the US, but I certainly wouldn't make that claim just by watching a video. I don't believe that Super7 would intentionally outright lie and make that claim on their site, so either they received misleading or false information from someone at JC-RT.

I know in some of the past Super7 videos, Brian has worn a certain plaid shirt that people on here have wanted to know where he got it, and based on what JC-RT sells, I would bet that he got it from them, and since he is an avid customer of theirs, was eager to do a partnership with the Skeletor shirt.

The fact still stands that while $125 for a shirt is a hefty price (though plenty of clothing retailers charge that cost for a shirt), it's not Super7 doing a huge mark-up on the price. That is clearly the price that JC-RT sells their long sleeve plaid shirts for.

Looks like the shirts are sold. Or have been pulled. I dont know.

Not sure there's a conspiracy involved, it states on the site clearly "SOLD OUT".

Not sure there's a conspiracy involved, it states on the site clearly "SOLD OUT".
    Itīs the truth because someone stated in on the internet.

I touched the shirt at Power Con, and it was really nice. It was much too pricey for me though. The only article of clothing I've ever spent that much on is a suit.