Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Animated Series Positivity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    It shouldn't be easy for Adora and She-Ra to defeat The Evil Horde. Not only should the Evil Horde be a physical force to be reckoned with, but they should also be a mental / emotional force to be reckoned with. By controlling the flow of information, feeding the people of Etheria false information, etc, it should be difficult for The Great Rebellion to convince some villages, etc to rise up against the Evil Horde. I guess a little like the citizens of North Korea, although I prefer to avoid real world comparisons when it comes to cartoons.
    One of my absolute favourites of the Filmation series was Book Burning, which covered this theme really well. I really hope that the new series goes this direction as well! Looking forward to November 16th! (assuming we in the UK get it on the same date)
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    One of my absolute favourites of the Filmation series was Book Burning, which covered this theme really well. I really hope that the new series goes this direction as well! Looking forward to November 16th! (assuming we in the UK get it on the same date)
    Yes, that’s definitely a good one. I’d like to see the new series tackle story ideas, but expand upon them in a slightly more mature and developed manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Per this interview at SDCC, Mattel is working on product for the reboot She-Ra to be released at retail:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eRZzimC7tKU

Also some hints about vintage / classic inspired She-Ra products too, maybe re-releases of the vintage toys or possibly just talking about the 12” doll prototypes on display.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    As "Force Captain", no less! It was a title she bore, but even in Secret Of The Sword says something akin to the fact that she was sheltered in the Fright Zone most of her life.

I would also be happy to see the rebellion make some headway in actually fighting the Horde back. 90-something episodes of Filmation PoP and they made very little- if any actual- progress in their goal of freeing Etheria, really. "...Strive to free Etheria, for a season and a half! For the honor of Grayskull, we ain't doing much of anything but reacting over here! Bless our hearts!"
    If the Horde got driven back (even if it took a couple of seasons), that would be rewarding to finally see. It wouldn't even have to be the end of the series, as a new threat could pop up a time later.
    To be honest, neither the Horde nor the Rebellion got much accomplished. Somehow the Horde was able to take control of most of Etheria, which is before we join the story in the series. By the time we start seeing what's going on, it's a wonder that they've not been defeated and stay in control. In the same vein, we see some early victories for the Rebellion in gaining back Brightmoon, Queen Angella, and moving some characters like Adora, Sunder, and Sea Hawk to join the Rebellion. But despite the fact that they continue to win these small battles, the Horde is still very much in control. Hopefully this new series will show some more major wins and losses on both sides, and actually follow through with consequences of these wins/losses.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    To be honest, neither the Horde nor the Rebellion got much accomplished. Somehow the Horde was able to take control of most of Etheria, which is before we join the story in the series. By the time we start seeing what's going on, it's a wonder that they've not been defeated and stay in control. In the same vein, we see some early victories for the Rebellion in gaining back Brightmoon, Queen Angella, and moving some characters like Adora, Sunder, and Sea Hawk to join the Rebellion. But despite the fact that they continue to win these small battles, the Horde is still very much in control. Hopefully this new series will show some more major wins and losses on both sides, and actually follow through with consequences of these wins/losses.
    Maybe instead of doing a moral at the end of each episode, Loo-Kee can come out and play scorekeeper. Show what percentage of the planet belongs to the Horde vs the Rebellion and how it changed during the episode.

Just a thought.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Maybe instead of doing a moral at the end of each episode, Loo-Kee can come out and play scorekeeper. Show what percentage of the planet belongs to the Horde vs the Rebellion and how it changed during the episode.

Just a thought.
    Maybe Loo-Kee can do it if the Rebellion controls more than 50%, and Imp can do it if the Horde have the majority!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

I would like to see most of the rebels who do not know about Adora being She-Ra to not trust her for awhile whether she was under a Shadow Weaver spell or not. Maybe not on a Despara level, but I would like it shown that she did some not so nice things while helping lead the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Maybe Loo-Kee can do it if the Rebellion controls more than 50%, and Imp can do it if the Horde have the majority!
    That would work of there was plenty of give and take, but they could keep trying to one up each other as the percentages change.

Widget
    Still waiting to see how Hordak and the crew will look. Catra notwithstanding, the only thing that will break the show for me is if they replace the Horde for all new silly stupid villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rodriguez View Post
    Still waiting to see how Hordak and the crew will look. Catra notwithstanding, the only thing that will break the show for me is if they replace the Horde for all new silly stupid villains.
    Don't see any reason they would forego the old Horde for new villains, though they probably will give them a redesign (which I hope is good). What I'm more worried about is, in the quest to make them more competent, they suck any and all humor from the group. Certainly Mantenna doesn't need to fall to the same buttmonkey level he had in the original series, but him becoming some nightmare beast of grim darkness would cause some problems.

Personally, I would see it as a good sign if you could still imagine the villains interacting with, say, Sorrowful in a similar way they did originally.

Definitely hoping for Mantenna, Grizzlor and Leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Definitely hoping for Mantenna, Grizzlor and Leech.
    Keep their vocal quirks?

Keep their vocal quirks?
    I don't see why not. Maybe a bit more subtle?

I don't see why not. Maybe a bit more subtle?
    It would work. I'm just curious how popular they were. Mantenna's long m's could do without the n's, but I really can't imagine him talking without them. Gives him an otherworldly quality.

I am so beyond excited for this show!! I never thought we'd get another She-Ra cartoon. It doesn't need to be like the original for me to enjoy it, in fact I would hope it's not in many ways. I can (and will) always be able to enjoy the original whenever I want. I really hope kids are drawn to this new series and it achieves some level of success!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

I like the new She-Ra's golden locks..... sorry, that's the most positive I can be!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would like to see most of the rebels who do not know about Adora being She-Ra to not trust her for awhile whether she was under a Shadow Weaver spell or not. Maybe not on a Despara level, but I would like it shown that she did some not so nice things while helping lead the Horde.
    Oh, definitely. The Great Rebellion should be extremely distrustful of Adora. And presumably only tolerate her because "She-Ra" has vouched for her as someone who has turned away from the Evil Horde. With her knowledge of the inner workings of the Evil Horde, Adora would obviously be a valuable resource, but she shouldn't be immediately given command of The Great Rebellion. That should take a lot of time.

Heroic Warrior
    I assume the characters will still be completely oblivious to the fact that Adora might be She-Ra since they look exactly the same? Not that it really bothered me in the old show, maybe because the tone was a little silly and campy anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    I assume the characters will still be completely oblivious to the fact that Adora might be She-Ra since they look exactly the same? Not that it really bothered me in the old show, maybe because the tone was a little silly and campy anyway.
    But of course! It's all part of the suspension of disbelief, much the same with Clark Kent and Superman.

However, I'm hopeful that the core cast (i.e. Glimmer and Bow and possibly others) will be brought into the fold over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    Could be a facet of the Power. It prevents others from recognizing you in the transformed state.

Could be a facet of the Power. It prevents others from recognizing you in the transformed state.
    I've always sort of assumed that was a part of it.

I'd love to see Adora having doubts even before she learns her true identity. I guess I'd prefer if she had a bit more agency and if that whole journey from Horde to Rebels was something she initiates herself. I'm assuming they might go that route, because that image with Catra definitely looks like Adora is still in the Horde, but is no longer drinking the Horde kool-aid.

Now that I know Imp has been included, I'm doubly stocked. I just hope he has good part.

Must admit I've been holding this in since the show's announcement.

The trailer actually gives off a real epic vibe. More is at stake. There will probably be one giant narrative running through the whole series.

The trailer actually gives off a real epic vibe. More is at stake. There will probably be one giant narrative running through the whole series.
    Do we have any knowledge of the episodes' run times? Half hour or quarter hour?

I am hoping for a running narrative throughout, perhaps broken up by individual victories as the Horde moves into an ultimate plan, or the Rebellion sets up for a grand battle.

Heroic Warrior
    Do we have any knowledge of the episodes' run times? Half hour or quarter hour?

I am hoping for a running narrative throughout, perhaps broken up by individual victories as the Horde moves into an ultimate plan, or the Rebellion sets up for a grand battle.
    I'm guessing it will be half-hour, like Voltron.