Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mattel SDCC 2018 Reveals Discussion Thread - 12" Figures & Monster High MOTU

hope they will make these dolls they are really great
    not a big fan of what they did with he-man but females are fantastic

I like Pixel Dan Shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasculio294 View Post
    I WANT Horde Slime Pit He-Man and Anti-Eternian He-Man Everone get on Twitter and start hashtagging away! #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    #WeWantMoreMotu
    Absolutely! I just stumbled over the video, those 5'5 figures look amazing. Is Mattel going to release them? Is there any news about these?
    Anti-Eternia and Slime Pit He-Man

Widget
    Are there any updates on the 5.5” vintage style figures being made? I’m starting off 2019 right by posting the 5.5” vintage figures on Instagram and asking people to share the pics with the hashtags to get these made

#TELLMATTEL
    #WEWANTMOREMOTU
    Last edited by Robotic HE-DAN; December 31, 2018 at 09:22pm.

THE WORLD NEEDS A JUMBO 12 FAKER...and I need a couple of them too!

Mattel-Power-Con-18-Display-002.jpg

I just saw on thefwoosh forums,that Brandon has left Mattel? Any news on this. If accurate,I assume motu and thundercats are now dead in the water from Mattel. Of course now that Mattel is loosing the dc lisence next year to spinmaster,maybe Mattel wants to try some old recipes. If anyone can shed some light on this,Brandon seemed the last champion of motu and thundercats at Mattel.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I just saw on thefwoosh forums,that Brandon has left Mattel? Any news on this. .
    This is what he posted on Instagram:

Something many of you may not have known, is that for the past 13 years I have been working full time designing toys for Mattel. Yesterday was officially my last day and I have started a new position with @moose_toys . Working for Mattel was a huge part of my life and my time was filled with amazing experiences and even more amazing people. Today I start my new journey and I wish everyone at Mattel the best!! I donít usually share this side of my design career, but I figure there is no better time than now. Iíve included just a small taste of some of my favorite products that Iíve worked on. Enjoy! #toydesign #newjob
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjEpJRlNLF/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Tallstar, nobody draws quicker than you on such scoops (lol).
    Confirmed on LinkedIn (already!), pretty sad if you ask me, hopefully there is still a plethora
    of Motu fans competent in this category to keep pushing things forward.
    Good journey sir, and thanks for your precious contribution to this line!
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Thank you Tallstar. Man a few of the .org members always have the info quick...you are one of them.

I hope he has a great future and I hope so does motu at Mattel.

Well I guess that officially means that we won't be getting the 12" figures that I was so looking forward to, or anything else that was shown for that matter. Major bummer.

Heroic Warrior
    With Brandon gone this should be the final nail in the coffin for the Mattel Thundercats line.

No guys, I spoke to Brandon - TC is in good hands.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    No guys, I spoke to Brandon - TC is in good hands.
    Very good news!! Bring on the Pre-Order or whatever they decide I am 100% in.

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Me too buddy!!!

Brandon left on excellent terms. He couldn't pass up the opportunity that was put before him.

Prior to that, he fought hard for a lot of things for MOTU and POP, and he left it in good hands. From everything I've seen and also heard, MOTU and POP have some amazing things ahead of them in the near future. We can all thank Brandon for his contribution to that.

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Totally Dyslexic
    Brandon did a great job and i wish him all the best.

Letīs see what Mattel brings to NYTF 2019
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

You guys are getting me excited!!!

This is great news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Same here. I really hope to see some Thundercats at Toyfair!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Hunga the Harpy! Yukkers, Colonel Blast, Evil Robot, the Twiggets and Admiral Scurvy! We need the Thundercats Classics back!

Mattel is in good shape from this read.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ce-at-toy-fair

I had seen Brandon's instagram post the other day, but didn't know exactly what thread to post the news in, and didn't feel like creating a new one. I was rather bummed about the news (thought happy for his own professional development), as it meant, like with Garret Sander, one less MOTU ally at Mattel. I believe Brandon and Garret will actually both be working at the same company now, Moose toys (maybe they need to be new license holders since they keep stealing Mattel talent ). As far as I can tell, Darren Sander seems to still be with Mattel, and I know he is still a strong MOTU fan, but anyone else whose hands the property has been left in should know that they'll need to prove to us that the brand is still alive and has a good future. We can hear those things second hand, and that's definitely good to hear, but we've also been burned many times, and will need more than just those who are leaving saying it's in good hands. Hopefully we're going to have a very good Toy Fair from both Super7 and Mattel, and for MOTU, POP, and Thundercats.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel has been making a lot of changes with how they distribute and view specialty accounts this year as well, which I think bodes very well. Looking forward to some cool developments!

All the best to Brandon. He's a great guy and deserves every success.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Thanks for sharing Tallstar
    Thank you Tallstar.
    <3 You're welcome.

Mattel is in good shape from this read.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ce-at-toy-fair
    The upcoming BTS dolls will hopefully 'strengthen' Mattel even more.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath for Thundercats Classics to make a return with Brandon gone. Personally I don't have anything against Brandon, but I didn't like his behind the scenes creative approach with Changing up what the Four Horsemen designed. The Filmation line Had the boots designed by the horsemen exactly how super7 is making them now but Brandon went and changed the boot design and it got screwed up at the Mattel factory and rather than correct the mistake Mattel went ahead and just made them with the error boots and the shoe tree look.

There really is no one at mattel passionate enough to get a new small adult Collector Toy line like Thundercats Classics going again, which means the core teams would not get completed. I fore-see Mattel continuing with the Large MOTU doll line like they showed at SDCC or launching a new figure line should the MOTU movie ever finally get made but that's about it.
    Thankfully that is just your opinion. Most may agree with you about the ankles. I personally don’t know who chose to change it up at the last minute. It doesn’t matter though as S7 fixed that. Will we get news about TC at Toy Fair? I do not know but I hope so. I bet Pixel Dan will approach whoever is there to speak about it, whether we see something or not. Have some faith though, there are many fans across the globe who want this line to return / continue. You have no proof though that there is no one at Mattel passionate enough to continue this. As I said before, I spoke to Brandon about it and although I can’t say much about it I know he also said the same thing to another person. Whether it ends up being a surprise reveal by S7 or another Mattel affiliate who knows? We’ll find out something at least in 6 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Thankfully that is just your opinion. Most may agree with you about the ankles. I personally don’t know who chose to change it up at the last minute. It doesn’t matter though as S7 fixed that. Will we get news about TC at Toy Fair? I do not know but I hope so. I bet Pixel Dan will approach whoever is there to speak about it, whether we see something or not. Have some faith though, there are many fans across the globe who want this line to return / continue. You have no proof though that there is no one at Mattel passionate enough to continue this. As I said before, I spoke to Brandon about it and although I can’t say much about it I know he also said the same thing to another person. Whether it ends up being a surprise reveal by S7 or another Mattel affiliate who knows? We’ll find out something at least in 6 days.
    One of the Power Con Panels in 2018, Brandon made it clear that he was not the one who decided on the ankle design. I believe he decided to have it the way it looked for Skeletor/Beast Man, but by the time they had seen what the factory had done with He-Man, it was too late to get that changed. You can watch the panel on Youtube and hear that information. I believe it was the panel celebrating the 10 years of the Classics lines that had the 4 Horsemen, Scott, Brandon, Ruben, etc. on stage. It was also stated that while the 4 Horsemen prototypes always look great, those prototypes cannot, and are not meant, to be fully functional, articulating action figures. So, in order to make that happen, sometimes those perfect sculpts are sacrificed in some ways.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor