Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mattel SDCC 2018 Reveals Discussion Thread - 12" Figures & Monster High MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    One of the Power Con Panels in 2018, Brandon made it clear that he was not the one who decided on the ankle design. I believe he decided to have it the way it looked for Skeletor/Beast Man, but by the time they had seen what the factory had done with He-Man, it was too late to get that changed. You can watch the panel on Youtube and hear that information. I believe it was the panel celebrating the 10 years of the Classics lines that had the 4 Horsemen, Scott, Brandon, Ruben, etc. on stage. It was also stated that while the 4 Horsemen prototypes always look great, those prototypes cannot, and are not meant, to be fully functional, articulating action figures. So, in order to make that happen, sometimes those perfect sculpts are sacrificed in some ways.
    Cool thanks! I started watching that panel but got interrupted. It makes sense that the prototypes aren’t meant to be fully functional. Still very insightful the whole process. Anyway I guess we need to get back on topic here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Thankfully that is just your opinion. Most may agree with you about the ankles. I personally don’t know who chose to change it up at the last minute. It doesn’t matter though as S7 fixed that. Will we get news about TC at Toy Fair? I do not know but I hope so. I bet Pixel Dan will approach whoever is there to speak about it, whether we see something or not. Have some faith though, there are many fans across the globe who want this line to return / continue. You have no proof though that there is no one at Mattel passionate enough to continue this. As I said before, I spoke to Brandon about it and although I can’t say much about it I know he also said the same thing to another person. Whether it ends up being a surprise reveal by S7 or another Mattel affiliate who knows? We’ll find out something at least in 6 days.
    I removed my post because I didn't see before I wrote it that TC was in good hands. As for the ankles it WAS Brandon. He may say different now but back when it got released he took full credit for changing the boots to ankle rockers but that He man was first up and by the time they caught the factory error it was too late and they didn't want to hold him up correcting his boots so going forward they were going to fix it with Beast man and skeletor.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I removed my post because I didn't see before I wrote it that TC was in good hands. As for the ankles it WAS Brandon. He may say different now but back when it got released he took full credit for changing the boots to ankle rockers but that He man was first up and by the time they caught the factory error it was too late and they didn't want to hold him up correcting his boots so going forward they were going to fix it with Beast man and skeletor.
    He didn't deny coming up with the design, but he did say that the factory messed it up, and with the language and other barriers with working with China, he couldn't get them to understand the very minute, but significant difference the extra millimeters of space made with the aesthetic of the figure. Obviously he did eventually get them to understand this, but for He-Man 1) it was too late and would have caused an even longer delay in the figure, and 2) the factory's learning curve in understanding what the problem was. Trying to lay blame on the huge gap in the ankle articulation solely on Brandon is simply inaccurate.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

He didn't deny coming up with the design, but he did say that the factory messed it up, and with the language and other barriers with working with China, he couldn't get them to understand the very minute, but significant difference the extra millimeters of space made with the aesthetic of the figure. Obviously he did eventually get them to understand this, but for He-Man 1) it was too late and would have caused an even longer delay in the figure, and 2) the factory's learning curve in understanding what the problem was. Trying to lay blame on the huge gap in the ankle articulation solely on Brandon is simply inaccurate.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    I wish they just designed them the way they did thundecats it would have looked so much better. I believe trap jaw was in production too same time as He-Man. Mattel could have swapped out he-Man for Trapjaw stating they did this to correct a factory error in the boots
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Whether it ends up being a surprise reveal by S7 or another Mattel affiliate who knows? We’ll find out something at least in 6 days.

Now, that is extremely interesting! Like a lot of people, I had pretty much lost hope for a continuation of Thundercats.

Thank you very much for letting us know.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 11, 2019 at 12:12am.
    Odd Man Out

Brandon Sopinsky has left Mattel last week: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjEpJRlNLF/

So, I don‘t think we will get anything Masters of the Universe or Thundercats related from Mattel besides Mega Construx and maybe the Netflix She-Ra retail line.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Brandon Sopinsky has left Mattel last week: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjEpJRlNLF/

So, I don‘t think we will get anything Masters of the Universe or Thundercats related from Mattel besides Mega Construx and maybe the Netflix She-Ra retail line.
    Have you read any of the above posts?

Scroll up to see my reply on this. Him leaving is not the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Have you read any of the above posts?
    To be honest I just saw the last posts regarding anything is going on at Mattel regarding Thundercats and not that the departure of Brandon Sopinsky from Mattel was already posted and it was the reason for the discussion, sorry. But I'm still very skeptical that there will anything come from Mattel.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

To be honest I just saw the last posts regarding anything is going on at Mattel regarding Thundercats and not that the departure of Brandon Sopinsky from Mattel was already posted and it was the reason for the discussion, sorry. But I'm still very skeptical that there will anything come from Mattel.
    Of course that is understandable after everything that has happened so I don’t blame your hesitance.

Of course that is understandable after everything that has happened so I don’t blame your hesitance.

I think my hesitance was justified.

Yep. As much as we all want TC, Mattel is never going to be the one to do them. Mattel won’t ever do any other MOTUC style figurines either. They are done with collectors. Mass retail only or (and) bust!

TC was arguably “in good hands” with Brandon too. But the line still died. So I have zero hope in who he left it with. If things were going well, they would have at least told Pixel Dan “no news yet, but soon!” Not “no news”

Just hope and pray that super7 re-approaches them about a license and this time Mattel doesn’t mess it up. Say what you want about S7 QC, at least they put out product.
    Last edited by Creedog; February 18, 2019 at 07:17pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I never really had much hope for anything beyond the furry belt bags and masks. Oh well.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Motu and Thundercats are left in good hands indeed! So good they wont let them out of the vault to turn them into something as puny as product...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Brandon left on excellent terms. He couldn't pass up the opportunity that was put before him.

Prior to that, he fought hard for a lot of things for MOTU and POP, and he left it in good hands. From everything I've seen and also heard, MOTU and POP have some amazing things ahead of them in the near future. We can all thank Brandon for his contribution to that.

Val, were you referring to the one Power Con exclusive doll here?

Kinda of a bust from Mattel. But from the posts here I expect things soon.....I hope.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

As far as I can tell, Darren Sander seems to still be with Mattel, and I know he is still a strong MOTU fan, but anyone else whose hands the property has been left in should know that they'll need to prove to us that the brand is still alive and has a good future. We can hear those things second hand, and that's definitely good to hear, but we've also been burned many times, and will need more than just those who are leaving saying it's in good hands. Hopefully we're going to have a very good Toy Fair from both Super7 and Mattel, and for MOTU, POP, and Thundercats.
    Darren just posted this on Instagram.

"Thank for for 12 amazing years Mattel! Today embark on a new adventure that will have me moving to Australia to work for Moose Toys! So thankful for the great time and amazing people at Mattel. I will miss you all! And looking forward to new friends and exciting projects in Australia!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw2S3PupVA3/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

"Thank for for 12 amazing years Mattel! Today embark on a new adventure that will have me moving to Australia to work for Moose Toys! So thankful for the great time and amazing people at Mattel. I will miss you all! And looking forward to new friends and exciting projects in Australia!!"

Sounds like the last big ally we had for the brand is leaving. What a shame, all the stuff they showed us last year at Power Con may not happen now.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Sounds like the last big ally we had for the brand is leaving. What a shame, all the stuff they showed us last year at Power Con may not happen now.
    Bummer!!!!

Hopefully there is another internal champion for the dolls. Given Mattel is the home of Barbie, there might be some She-Ra fans amongst their ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Well that sucks.

He was our last hope. I was more interested in the POP dolls than anything S7 is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Bummer!!!!

Hopefully there is another internal champion for the dolls. Given Mattel is the home of Barbie, there might be some She-Ra fans amongst their ranks.
    Oh there are. I used to be a moderator for Mattel on the Barbie forums and am still an active member there.

I would pay some serious coin for these 12" dolls!

#TELLMATTEL
    #WEWANTMOREMOTU
    #WEWANTMORESHERA

36736236_1753582578011691_238020670863179776_n.jpg37044372_284242822327709_3622827162106593280_n.jpg36990619_1768436319942281_2680031598107164672_n.jpgmattel_sdcc2018_12inch_evillyn_full.jpgmattel_sdcc2018_12inch_teela_full.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

But why does Teela have a gold version of She-Ra's sword?

#TELLMATTEL
    #WEWANTMOREMOTU
    #WEWANTMORESHERA
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD