Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1916

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain - Super7 Pre-Order has ENDED (Available Elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Paras View Post
    Thanks for the interview. It was great getting some answers. So it looks like they are facing some issues in getting non US shipping sorted (Brian mentioned something about individuals having to be defined as freight forwarders). I hope it gets sorted before month end. Also, Brian mentioned that he was a bit disappointed with the number of pre-orders to date. Hope that EE option helps in getting more US fans to order and the numbers increase once the non-US fans get a chance to pre-order.

I guess this is the closest chance to get SM in the near future. If it fails then even if MOTU rights go to some other company then they will look at this attempt as a failure in terms of demand for big playsets and not risk making SM (at least in this scale) for at least a few years. I know that for many people the size/ price point/ shipping is a high but this really feels like a once in lifetime chance to own an iconic playset. I mean this is the kind of thing that if it gets made and a fan does not get it at the time of pre-order then it would be so difficult to get it later...there will be no reissues and I doubt there will be many scalpers or people who will buy multiple sets for selling later on.

Personally I would love to have a giant over-the-top Snake "Mountain" to tower over the Castle Grayskull even though I have no clue on how I will be able to display both together at my place at the moment!!!
    This.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhick View Post
    I've been listening to these all weekend. You guys are great, please keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Great interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Really enjoyed the podcast! Insightful and glad someone asked about the rebellion and said a Crystal Castle is a must! Thanks for this, it was a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paras View Post
    Thanks for the interview. It was great getting some answers.

Personally I would love to have a giant over-the-top Snake "Mountain" to tower over the Castle Grayskull even though I have no clue on how I will be able to display both together at my place at the moment!!!
    Thanks a lot, everyone! I'm glad to hear that this one resonated with everyone. It really was a great conversation, and I hope that it helps give some insight into what they actually deal with on their end. Seeing a lot of negativity immediately after the announcement of the pre-order bummed me out. So this may give some of those people, who had negative things to say, a salve so to speak.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    At nearly $800 with the payment plan that's an easy no for me. I have plenty of money for this but given Super7's random quality on top of the price I'm going to pass. I have the fantastic Icon Heroes Snake Mountain, that's plenty for me. Kudos to everyone that's getting one!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I highly doubt that this scenario would play out, you can rest easy I’m sure.

But if this would occur, I’m sure they’d give you the option to keep your pre-order at the increased price, should you so wish.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve sent Super7’s customer care an e-mail and emplored them to send out an update on the international shipping details, even if only to put some minds at ease that itvis in fact coming. Since many seem to be in slight panic mode already, out of fear of missing out.

I’ll keep you all posted, should I receive any reply.
    It shouldn't have gone onsale at till shipping was sorted out, of course he's gonna be disappointed in sales when 1 country on the entire globe is allowed to order it and all they do is buy from the second hand sellers to save money. That's not supporting the line at all in my opinion it's supporting EE. If I end up missing out because they can't get their **** together, I will never buy another super 7 product again in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Seeing a lot of negativity immediately after the announcement of the pre-order bummed me out. So this may give some of those people, who had negative things to say, a salve so to speak.
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm these days. Pretty much anytime Super7 starts a new pre-order on something, I stay away from the comments on the threads here for a while.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Brian said that the box is 4 ft in the podcast and 33lbs - I know the play set is just over 4ft in length once built, maybe he was just referencing the playset but seems odd.
    I also think he said it was over 53 lbs in the Roast Gooble Podcast

Entertainment Earth shows the box size is 25-inches x 25-inches x 28-inches, which sounds more likely
    So I assume that Entertainment Earth has the correct dimensions displayed

I am considering ordering a second one from Entertainment Earth since I would save on the shipping and picking up
    Last edited by Powersword123; May 6, 2019 at 08:47pm.

Nice podcast duke. My issues....so Brian is fine with blood splattered demonic characters but Ripley in underwear is off limits....ok. Not touching the maga reference. Breakin was shown in my middle school music classes I think weakly.Now to snake mountain. I feel quite defeated after hearing this. I really thought momentum was going towards getting this made. When was this recorded? I just really thought the other outlets added (EE,BBTS)really would have made this jump. Maybe once the international markets open up,I hope this will make the difference. I don’t see the barge bump happening here. I no longer am worried about finding a spot for this. I felt Brian was preparing us for it to not hit the goal. I expect this will fail.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Brian said that the box is 4 ft in the podcast and 33lbs - I know the play set is just over 4ft in length once built, maybe he was just referencing the playset but seems odd.
    I also think he said it was over 53 lbs in the Roast Gooble Podcast

Entertainment Earth shows the box size is 25-inches x 25-inches x 28-inches, which sounds more likely
    So I assume that Entertainment Earth has the correct dimensions displayed
    Yeah, 20 lbs just vanished from the formula out of the blue! I always thought 53+ lbs didn't make much sense to me when I first heard it, after all it's just plastic and cardboard!

Also Brian keeps inflating the proportions and making it sound it's almost twice the size of Castle Grayskull, when in reality, both are "close" in terms of volume except the hight of the Snake Mountain is significantly taller about 30%, but the width/depth are almost similar, and when it's displayed wide open it looks twice as big!

The shipping cost should've been evaluated and worked out before announcing the price of the set, with $600 tag price plus $150 shipping, just scared a lot of people and you cannot blame them for not jumping on it. I hope it goes through though, it might be our only chance for acquiring this beautiful playset.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Yeah, 20 lbs just vanished from the formula out of the blue! I always thought 53+ lbs didn't make much sense to me when I first heard it, after all it's just plastic and cardboard!

Also Brian keeps inflating the proportions and making it sound it's almost twice the size of Castle Grayskull, when in reality, both are "close" in terms of volume except the hight of the Snake Mountain is significantly taller about 30%, but the width/depth are almost similar, and when it's displayed wide open it looks twice as big!

The shipping cost should've been evaluated and worked out before announcing the price of the set, with $600 tag price plus $150 shipping, just scared a lot of people and you cannot blame them for not jumping on it. I hope it goes through though, it might be our only chance for acquiring this beautiful playset.
    it's only been six days out of the 31 day Preorder. EE will have a lot of preorders and BBTS might have some also. Those won't get counted until they sell out of the allotment they pland on purchasing. I have a feeling this will pass and get made it may just squeak by the minimum needed for Super7 to tell the Factory it's going to be made at that its a go.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

2B12F1D3-EC43-4B1E-8829-058D0616CDE6.jpeg

Just heard back from EE, they confirm they also will not be shipping outside of the US. So, so far BBTS is the only option, with shipping being above what S7 is charging for the Playset. Really hope S7 finds a solution to International Shipping soon.

Best place to order is Entertainment Earth. $725.99 after taxes and shipping!

PLUS if you use Ebates, you get 5% cash back and if you use the link below, you will get an additional $10.00 cash back.

https://www.rakuten.com/r/SUZIEB271?...30347337457290

Sign up, type Entertainment Earth in the search, click SHOP NOW and place your order.
    Every little bit helps! $600 - 5% = $570 - 10.00 cash back takes it to $560 plus shipping. My wife uses it all the time and we save lots of money. Every dollar saved on this is a blessing, IMO.
    Last edited by Hordak04; May 7, 2019 at 06:12pm.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We have Brian Flynn from Super7 as our guest this week on "Each Sold Separately: Collect Them All."

I have to say that we had a blast talking with him. I mean, I've known that he's a great guy, but this conversation was just so much fun. It was important to me that people get some background on the company and get to know him even better because I think it will assuage any negativity.

We discussed a lot, including Snake Mountain (dimensions of the box, weight, shipping, factory, etc.)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000437307120
    Just listened to the podcast! Thanks for conducting the interview.

I do think there will be a surge on the last day as there was with the Sail Barge because companies like BBTS and EE would be foolish to put their orders in now when they may get more in the next few weeks. And our international friends need to join in once shipping is figured out. Too bad this wasn't figured out before the pre-order, but reading in between the lines, Super7 may be up against the clock to make this in 2019.

Lots of other interesting points like the poor sales of some Classics figures. I'm in for MOTUC until the end. This line has gone on so long, what a crazy but ultimately rewarding line. Anytime I look at my collection, I still get giddy at all the amazing sculpts. Let's get Snake Mountain made and eek out a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    it's only been six days out of the 31 day Preorder. EE will have a lot of preorders and BBTS might have some also. Those won't get counted until they sell out of the allotment they pland on purchasing. I have a feeling this will pass and get made it may just squeak by the minimum needed for Super7 to tell the Factory it's going to be made at that its a go.
    I hope you're correct, I was one of those people who went through EE. Yes, it's way too early to be freaking out about the number of the pre-ordered units!

If this goes through, it might make things significantly easier for more vehicles, and other playsets to be considered in the future.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I was all ready to buy one, but super7 customer service really ****ed me over this past week. I have zero faith in them to stand behind their faulty products, or to even care when they screw up.
    Last edited by sailoruranus; May 7, 2019 at 12:16am.

Heroic Warrior
    Brian Flynn made the following statements re: International shipping of Snake Mountain on the above mentioned podcast “Each sold separately: collect them all!”. Please check them out and give it a listen, it’s definitely worth it!

Brian Flynn: “We’re shipping them freight, international we’re still dealing with. Because once it goes freight, because of the size, they measurecthe cubic space. It’s too big so it has to go freight. The problem that we’re running in internationally is, because I’m sending it to you freight there needs to be a freight forwarder. Which means, a single individual has to become the freight forwarder, so. And that changes country to country. We’re in the middle of figuring out each country. Most of the EU we’ve got handled, we’re working with SPACE there. it’s South/Latin America, far Asia, Australia [that are the issue].”
    It sounds like he's got international shipping in hand. But does this mean the window for ordering will shrink? Ideally this should have been delayed until everything was ready.

I'm very much hoping that this is a success for Super7. Not just because I want a Snake Mountain - which will be the pinnacle of the Classics product - but also because there is so much still to achieve with other playsets, vehicles and many more figures.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    Razz, scalping isn't that hard to understand. You read too much into it. Castle Grayskull went for $300+shipping+tax when it came out. Now that's it's been years since it's release, its now going for $600+ on the secondary market. I understand that sellers may have paid more for it and have to sell it at a higher price to make a profit but not all of them paid more. And I'm not even talking about sellers buying a lot of stock. I don't care about that BUT if they buy all this product at regular price and then list it sky high to make a profit, that's scalping in it's truest greedy form. Now, if a seller posts a low price but "gotta have its" make the price sky rocket, then that's a different story. That's not the sellers fault. I'm talking about seeing something NEWLY posted with no bids for a ridiculous price. I've got to think most of those people are certainly scalpers.
    I disagree with this - if someone buys something and waits a long period of time and then sells it for a higher price due to supply and demand - I would call that an investment (people make investments all the time). They also take the risk of it not increasing in value and taking a loss.
    I think you would call all investments scalping if you take your statement literally.

Now if an item is offered for the first time and is limited and they immediately post the item for an increased cost- this I would consider scalping. We see this with concert tickets and exclusive collectibles probably more often because of the low cost.

Anyone willing to take the risk and purchase more snake mountains to sell at a later time hoping to make a profit a year from now, I wouldn’t see as a negative thing - they take the risk and put up their money to do so

Everyone has the same opportunity to do this
    Last edited by Powersword123; May 7, 2019 at 02:31am.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    I disagree with this - if someone buys something and waits a long period of time and then sells it for a higher price due to supply and demand - I would call that an investment (people make investments all the time). They also take the risk of it not increasing in value and taking a loss.
    I think you would call all investments scalping if you take your statement literally.

Now if an item is offered for the first time and is limited and they immediately post the item for an increased cost- this I would consider scalping. We see this with concert tickets and exclusive collectibles probably more often because of the low cost.

Anyone willing to take the risk and purchase more snake mountains to sell at a later time hoping to make a profit a year from now, I wouldn’t see as a negative thing - they take the risk and put up their money to do so

Everyone has the same opportunity to do this
    Exactly. To me, scalping is actively preventing others from getting high demand items. Like tickets or figures at retail, making it more difficult for folks to get them the normal way and then going on to sell at a mark up.

I really don’t see how you can “scalp” an item that is made to order, if anything, by buying multiple items you are increasing the chance it gets made. So these people aren’t just enabling everyone else of getting it, but also people in the future who missed out during the pre-order window.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IMO. It’s not the same thing as buying up concert or superbowl tickets, or going in to stores and buying up all the Boba Fett action figures to create a “scarsity”.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Widget
    Exactly. To me, scalping is actively preventing others from getting high demand items. Like tickets or figures at retail, making it more difficult for folks to get them the normal way and then going on to sell at a mark up.

I really don’t see how you can “scalp” an item that is made to order, if anything, by buying multiple items you are increasing the chance it gets made. So these people aren’t just enabling everyone else of getting it, but also people in the future who missed out during the pre-order window.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IMO. It’s not the same thing as buying up concert or superbowl tickets, or going in to stores and buying up all the Boba Fett action figures to create a “scarsity”.
    I fully agree. Taking a very extreme example here, if there is some "scalper" who is willing to buy 1000 units of SM, he or she will single handedly make the production of SM possible while not preventing others from getting there one or two SM units and ensuring that any future collector will have the option of buying SM even if they missed out during pre-order phase. If the "scalper" charges inflated price for this in the future then it still gives people the option of getting SM vs not getting it at all. So I don't see any harm in this and would actually welcome such a "scalper"

Buying bulk tickets for concerts on the other hand is definitely scalping in the pure sense as every ticket that the scalper buys removes one seat from the pool of seats available at normal price.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post

I can't agree more with this post. The playset clearly shows a hinge in the shots from inside it, so why would the box be 56" long. It makes ZERO sense.

Also I don't get his comment about individuals being set up as freight forwarders to get it delivered....? I buy lots of custom statue pieces direct from the Chinese factories and I've never had to go through this process before.

Why could they not work this out 6 months ago.....? Bizarre way to run a business.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Nice podcast duke. My issues....so Brian is fine with blood splattered demonic characters but Ripley in underwear is off limits....ok. Not touching the maga reference. Breakin was shown in my middle school music classes I think weakly.Now to snake mountain. I feel quite defeated after hearing this. I really thought momentum was going towards getting this made. When was this recorded? I just really thought the other outlets added (EE,BBTS)really would have made this jump. Maybe once the international markets open up,I hope this will make the difference. I don’t see the barge bump happening here. I no longer am worried about finding a spot for this. I felt Brian was preparing us for it to not hit the goal. I expect this will fail.
    I think you are throwing in the towel way too early. With every subscription through Matty from 2013-2015, as well as the Grayskull pre-order, there was always a huge push on the last day. A lot of people don't want to give up that initial $100 until the last minute. Also to take into consideration, international orders haven't opened up yet, which should help boost things.

I'm guessing, with the way Super7 has handled their pre-orders, we're not going to know if the minimum was reached until after the last day. They haven't employed any "scare tactics" that were done in the Matty days.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Brian Flynn made the following statements re: International shipping of Snake Mountain on the above mentioned podcast “Each sold separately: collect them all!”. Please check them out and give it a listen, it’s definitely worth it!

Brian Flynn: “We’re shipping them freight, international we’re still dealing with. Because once it goes freight, because of the size, they measurecthe cubic space. It’s too big so it has to go freight. The problem that we’re running in internationally is, because I’m sending it to you freight there needs to be a freight forwarder. Which means, a single individual has to become the freight forwarder, so. And that changes country to country. We’re in the middle of figuring out each country. Most of the EU we’ve got handled, we’re working with SPACE there. it’s South/Latin America, far Asia, Australia [that are the issue].”
    Thank you for having asked
    Hope we will know better soon, the dead line is May 31th
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I also got a reply from S7 customer care, but really nothing was said. The standard line of “we’ll announce it when there is something to aanounce”.

I asked whether, when it comes to the EU, if people would have the option to order straight from S7 or if they’d only be able to get it through a third party such as SPACE. But I didn’t get an answer to that question, just a similar reply to the first.

Anyway, at least we know they’re working on something.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I don't know where you're located at but,
    Lulu Berlu has just listed the item on their website... now French customers (lucky me!) can breathe a little.
    Lulu Berlu Snake Mountain price?

Do you think they will ship also in Italy?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    Lulu Berlu Snake Mountain price?

Do you think they will ship also in Italy?
    It’s up on the site but says “not available”, no price listed either.

Just pulled the trigger and placed an order through Entertainment Earth. If anyone lives in Southern California that is the way to go since you can pick it up rather than paying for shipping and they dont charge until they receive it. Just call them up to place the order. Was on the fence until I learned about buying from EE.