Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 2,076 to 2,095 of 2095

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain - Super7 Pre-Order has ENDED (Available Elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by pennilesspole View Post
    i see a few people mentioning FedEx as the shipper...is this confirmed? They've been terrible with all my packages forever...even marking things as delivered when they're simply near my area to "save time"

This is a big package and limited stock so it makes me worried. I had massive anxiety when I was waiting on the star wars haslab sail barge to arrive earlier this year and I imagine it'l be an identical feeling for this
    This happened with me as well. My fedex guy delivered stuff to the wrong house or wrong street all the time. The ups and mail man know I collect and actually brought me packages from other houses that fedex delivered wrong. When the castle was coming I panicked. This is what I did. I called fedex. Asked g]for a supervisor and told them my issues. They told me they would speak with the driver and told me the date my package was coming....even the hour span of 11am -1pm...which was the normal time for fedex on my street. I waited outside...in the cold. I saw the truck.....and he drove bye. He went to the end of the street and tried going to a different house, I shouted at him, he heard me and came back. Because it was December, I had an extra bag of chocolates around. Instead of yelling at him, I thanked him for the heavy and large package and gave him the bag of chocolate. He never forgot my house again. When my sail barge came he carried it like it was twins. You catch more flies with honey. Give the guy a gift. Make sure he doesn’t forget you....in a positive way.

Anyway just my idea.

P.s.

Where is some box art?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    So according to Super7's latest email Snake Mountain won't ship till next Summer. At this price point I'm fine waiting for it to be a close to perfect as possible. I wonder if something sprung up with the test shots that they weren't happy with…
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    So according to Super7's latest email Snake Mountain won't ship till next Summer. At this price point I'm fine waiting for it to be a close to perfect as possible. I wonder if something sprung up with the test shots that they weren't happy with…
    Mine is paid for but honestly, thank god. I need time to figure out where this going. I never understood how this would be coming in under a year.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I will be surprised if it's delivered before holiday 2020, it's too complex.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    This happened with me as well. My fedex guy delivered stuff to the wrong house or wrong street all the time. The ups and mail man know I collect and actually brought me packages from other houses that fedex delivered wrong. When the castle was coming I panicked. This is what I did. I called fedex. Asked g]for a supervisor and told them my issues. They told me they would speak with the driver and told me the date my package was coming....even the hour span of 11am -1pm...which was the normal time for fedex on my street. I waited outside...in the cold. I saw the truck.....and he drove bye. He went to the end of the street and tried going to a different house, I shouted at him, he heard me and came back. Because it was December, I had an extra bag of chocolates around. Instead of yelling at him, I thanked him for the heavy and large package and gave him the bag of chocolate. He never forgot my house again. When my sail barge came he carried it like it was twins. You catch more flies with honey. Give the guy a gift. Make sure he doesn’t forget you....in a positive way.

Anyway just my idea.

P.s.

Where is some box art?
    A Christmas card every year with a 20 in it always helps too.

Super 7 podcast 19 has some updated images of the Snake Mountain paint sample. It's near the very end between the Comic Conan and the Japanese wrestlers. The paint sample looks AMAZING! One thing I noticed, and I'm not sure if it was a mistake, one section of the snake that wraps around the gate section near the top was grey and not green. I don't know if that was intentional or they missed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Super 7 podcast 19 has some updated images of the Snake Mountain paint sample. It's near the very end between the Comic Conan and the Japanese wrestlers. The paint sample looks AMAZING! One thing I noticed, and I'm not sure if it was a mistake, one section of the snake that wraps around the gate section near the top was grey and not green. I don't know if that was intentional or they missed it.

They seemingly shot that vid weeks ago based on the way he's talking.
    Hopefully with that being a paint sample SOMEONE there at Super7 made note of the missing paint hit on the snake portion near the gate.

There's no doubt they noticed it, but this is why it takes Super7 so long to develop these things. I'm sure the factory sent it over like that all "this is totally fine just the way it is, right? Can we start production?" And of course Super7 has to come back with "no, you completely forgot to paint the top portion" and then wait a month or whatever until they get another paint sample, and back and forth like that, I'm sure the time adds up quickly. Because these factories generally don't care to do a good job, nor do they necessarily know anything about collectibles, they just want to get paid and hope you don't notice their obvious mistakes.

Heroic Warrior
    Someone on fb posted pics if the mountain side by side the painted and black one . The black one is much taller.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    There's no doubt they noticed it, but this is why it takes Super7 so long to develop these things. I'm sure the factory sent it over like that all "this is totally fine just the way it is, right? Can we start production?" And of course Super7 has to come back with "no, you completely forgot to paint the top portion" and then wait a month or whatever until they get another paint sample, and back and forth like that, I'm sure the time adds up quickly. Because these factories generally don't care to do a good job, nor do they necessarily know anything about collectibles, they just want to get paid and hope you don't notice their obvious mistakes.
    A friend of mine owns a business that relies heavily on China for production. They literally are 12-18 months behind on products because they use a lot of cheap manual labor for production. They're products are so behind in production they can't offer new products because of the backlog of the current products that haven't shipped yet.

It is a lot of back and forth with quality control. Even when a production sample is approved, there are issues with the items in the run. Then, because they're waiting for approval for something, they may take another job and put someone's order ahead of their current one. They try to juggle production, and the multiple other orders they're working on get postponed.

It got so bad that my friend and his partners ended up opening their own production facility in Texas just to move their products along and fulfill their backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Someone on fb posted pics if the mountain side by side the painted and black one . The black one is much taller.

Is there a link?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Is there a link?
    I don't have one no. Seen it earlier today in one of the fb groups. Not sure if they took pics from the supercadt or not.

I think it might just be forced perspective and the 2 Snake Mountains are photographed in a way that makes them look different sizes.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it might just be forced perspective and the 2 Snake Mountains are photographed in a way that makes them look different sizes. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e4f82de3cf.jpg

Idk looks like it shrunk lol. Both halves. Didn't notice the smaller half til now. The whole thing is smaller.

A friend of mine owns a business that relies heavily on China for production. They literally are 12-18 months behind on products because they use a lot of cheap manual labor for production. They're products are so behind in production they can't offer new products because of the backlog of the current products that haven't shipped yet.

It is a lot of back and forth with quality control. Even when a production sample is approved, there are issues with the items in the run. Then, because they're waiting for approval for something, they may take another job and put someone's order ahead of their current one. They try to juggle production, and the multiple other orders they're working on get postponed.

It got so bad that my friend and his partners ended up opening their own production facility in Texas just to move their products along and fulfill their backlog.

Interesting! Food for thought. Helps explain Super7's production delays.

I think it might just be forced perspective and the 2 Snake Mountains are photographed in a way that makes them look different sizes. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e4f82de3cf.jpg

My first guess would be forced perspective. The molds are already cut, you can't just shrink steel molds with a hair dryer. The molds are one of the biggest costs, they're not gonna scrap them between test shot and paint master.

Is the side by side comparison a new painted version of Snake Mountain, or is it the prototype one that we've been shown before?
    There's a part of me that wishes the colors would be just a touch more vibrant... not crazy glossy or anything, but it seems a bit subdued or too matte or something. I had the same nitpick with Classics Grayskull though, but got used to it.

Frankly I don’t mind if we have to wait a few extra months and I have the impression that most of us here don’t mind delays if it means the end product gets as close to perfection as possible.

Heroic Warrior

Yeah that just looks like the angle the two sets aren't truly side-by-side. They're both at an angle coming toward the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Is the side by side comparison a new painted version of Snake Mountain, or is it the prototype one that we've been shown before?
    There's a part of me that wishes the colors would be just a touch more vibrant... not crazy glossy or anything, but it seems a bit subdued or too matte or something. I had the same nitpick with Classics Grayskull though, but got used to it.
    I agree, at least the spikes should've been more dark-purplish like the Icon Heroes's version.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Agreed. The stalagmite/tites should be handled a little differently than the mountain itself. Could us the same color just a darker shade, maybe darkening to black or brighter white at the tips? Anything to make them pop. Itis looking a little bland.