Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain - Super7 Pre-Order has ENDED (Available Elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by He-NERD View Post
    Ditto on waiting till after xmas......

Is there a chance in heck they will re-release Grayskull itself? Missed out initially, and aftermarket prices are NUTS
    No chance.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    No chance.
    argh, lie to me......lol
    Happy Holidays, everyone!!!!!

I don't have faith that they can make something worth the price tag in quality. I can't imagine buying something $500+ dollars from them that might end up breaking upon assembly or just regular use (like dusting or re-posing figures in different areas).

Don't get me wrong. I want Snake Mountain. With Super7's recent MOTU track record, I just want a different company to produce it.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post

Don't get me wrong. I want Snake Mountain. With Super7's recent MOTU track record, I just want a different company to produce it.
    If it helps, I've seen it said that the Mattel factory is making it. This would mean SM should have the same level quality as say Stridor, or S7's first round of Ultimate figures.
    "..."

Will it come with a certificate proclaiming that? Then I might bite... LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    If it helps, I've seen it said that the Mattel factory is making it. This would mean SM should have the same level quality as say Stridor, or S7's first round of Ultimate figures.
    I have suspected this but was waiting for official word on it. If the Mattel Factory does make it then the Quality of the plastic will be the same as Castle Grayskull
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

They might as well wait until around Toy Fair in mid February. It’s not that far off and tax returns will start trickeling in late Feb early March. That’s how I paid for my SailBarge.

Count me in for 1 regardless of price. Possibly a second one for the nephews if below 500.

- - - Updated - - -

If that’s true that’s great for quality but will increase the price.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I don't have faith that they can make something worth the price tag in quality. I can't imagine buying something $500+ dollars from them that might end up breaking upon assembly or just regular use (like dusting or re-posing figures in different areas).

Oh man... could you imagine the ramifications this would have for Super 7 as a company?!?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I would encourage everyone to assume that the plastic quality and QC will be similar to Stridor... in other words, comparable to Mattel
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would encourage everyone to assume that the plastic quality and QC will be similar to Stridor... in other words, comparable to Mattel
    It's RIGHT!

But today, when one guy have an own idea... maybe also wrong...

You work hard to change this idea.
    You make faster to put it in the "back side" than put it in the head.

So it becomes impossible...
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

It's so strange that tooling is this huge price jacker upper. And plastic! What happened years ago that all of a sudden made the plastic these things are made of skyrocket in price just causing us to have to pay more? I mean this is plastic we're talking about. Look at a grocery bag and say to yourself " If you were way thicker, much higher quality and sculpted into my favorite action figure would I pay a ton of money for you? I mean they had to tool these things back in the day. I know it wasn't as extensive but it was still pretty detailed. They still use the same methods as before by using the same buck, arms, legs, etc. and they still sold these figures and playsets in stores for...….oh forget it. I need to stop wasting my time. Look at me acting like anything I say will make the prices drop...LOL! I can't believe I've been collecting this long and I still try to throw in my 2-cents. What a silly guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You're pretty spot on with these sorts of things, but I'll feel better when someone from Super7 actually comes in when Snake Mountain is officially announced and says the same thing.

Though I value all opinions on the org.,there are a few that I also watch for and take them for gospel. These few have never been wrong,though they sometimes need to be vague on details. I will leave it at that.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I've been all sorts of distant from this site since the main Classics line fizzled out but I really, really want the Snake Mountain that they are showing.
    Is this actually getting closer to being a real thing or still "pipe-dream" wishlist?

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    I've been all sorts of distant from this site since the main Classics line fizzled out but I really, really want the Snake Mountain that they are showing.
    Is this actually getting closer to being a real thing or still "pipe-dream" wishlist?
    It’s coming. Going to be a preorder. Money down,payment plans are part of it. Sounds like it may be made in the Mattel factory. Should be announced any day at this point.

Also sounds like. $500-$600.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

How do people think this will affect the next release of Collectors Choice, we are due to see wave 3 soon I believe, would Super7 ask for money for this and figures at roughly the same time or wait until ones out of the way before dealing with the other?

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    How do people think this will affect the next release of Collectors Choice, we are due to see wave 3 soon I believe, would Super7 ask for money for this and figures at roughly the same time or wait until ones out of the way before dealing with the other?
    Super7 already stated in the last Q & A that collectors choice wave three was being worked on and might be shown late December or January

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I wish they would just go back to using the factory that Mattel was using for everything MOTUC related.

Super 7 went and switched factories after having some issues with the earliest figures that they made, but the new factory hasn't been doing much better, and in some ways worse. We now have figures that you can't remove the head from without likely breaking them. It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Super7 already stated in the last Q & A that collectors choice wave three was being worked on and might be shown late December or January
    So this will turn up after those figures then.

So this will turn up after those figures then.
    I didn’t say that. I have no clue when Super7 is going to start the Snake Mountain kickstarter?
    Super7 could start it anytime in December.

When they showed Club Grayskull wave 3 the actual preorder took place about four months later, so even if they show Collectors choice wave 3 the preorder for it would most likely happen sometime after the Snake Mountain kickstarter was over.

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty sure they spread them out now so it's not so much on us at one shot financially

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I think anything more than about $300 - $400 is going to make this thing sink...

I think anything more than about $300 - $400 is going to make this thing sink...
    No its twice the size of Castle Grayskull and that cost us $250.00 before shipping several years ago, so you better figure on at least $500.00 minimum before shipping for Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    No its twice the size of Castle Grayskull and that cost us $250.00 before shipping several years ago, so you better figure on at least $500.00 minimum before shipping for Snake Mountain.
    TWIICE the size? Holy cats! I don't think I could make room for that anywhere. I'd have to transfer a guest room into a Snake Mountain room.

TWIICE the size? Holy cats! I don't think I could make room for that anywhere. I'd have to transfer a guest room into a Snake Mountain room.