Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2080

Thread: MOTUC Snake Mountain - Super7 Pre-Order has ENDED (Available Elsewhere)

  1. #1976
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    And if the quality I bad or changed from the prototype to hear the excuses and reasons why it was changed.
    Oh I can't wait lol

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  2. #1977
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
    Especially because it's just...so much...CLAMSHELL
    Attachment 121236
    Wait...so the mouth of the monster doesn't move? That inside photo is VERY disappointing...especially compared to Grayskull.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

    ----------------------
    Updated April 24, 2019:

    From Super7:

    Here we go at last! The evil Skeletor's massive, and we mean MASSIVE, fortress is here! The Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice Snake Mountain Playset stands 36-inches high and opens to a staggering 48-inches wide, making it the most absurdly large Masters of the Universe playset ever made!

    The highly detailed Snake Mountain playset features:
    • Demon with moveable jaw
    • Narrow bridge of red hot lava falls
    • Functioning trap door
    • Real chains to shackle Skeletor's enemies
    • Break-away wall secret entrance
    • Skeletor's table and bone throne
    • Horrifying dungeon creatures
    • and more!

    The Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice Snake Mountain Playset will be available for pre-order from May 1st to 31st for $600 (plus shipping) and a 6-month payment plan will be available. Figures are not included.

    Click here to see a full gallery of images on the main page of He-Man.Org

    --------------
    Snake Mountain revealed at the Hordak's Lair event at Super7 for SDCC 2018!
    What do you think?

    "Demon with moveable jaw" is the first thing listed.

  3. #1978
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,031
    I'm pretty sure that's still the plan; it might not have been engineered at that point.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  4. #1979
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,295
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wait...so the mouth of the monster doesn't move? That inside photo is VERY disappointing...especially compared to Grayskull.

    - - - Updated - - -




    "Demon with moveable jaw" is the first thing listed.
    That's the sculpted prototype, not a test shot. The moveable jaw would be something engineered after that point.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  5. #1980
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,721
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Oh I can't wait lol

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Its not being made at Super7's Factory. From what Brian said They went with a factory that makes nothing but playsets to do Snake Mountain so I'm not expecting any problems with it.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

  6. #1981
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Its not being made at Super7's Factory. From what Brian said They went with a factory that makes nothing but playsets to do Snake Mountain so I'm not expecting any problems with it.
    A factory that makes only playsets. I have never heard of such a thing.

  7. #1982
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    A factory that makes only playsets. I have never heard of such a thing.
    I know lol. Sounds like something trump would say. Brian reminds me of trump, these figures are deluxe, the best figures ever made in the history of toys, these are so great, brilliant minds are taking care of the creation of this incredible toy. Biggest thing to ever happen to the world since landing on the moon. So big.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  8. #1983
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I know lol. Sounds like something trump would say. Brian reminds me of trump, these figures are deluxe, the best figures ever made in the history of toys, these are so great, brilliant minds are taking care of the creation of this incredible toy. Biggest thing to ever happen to the world since landing on the moon. So big.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Super 7 make the best toys. Sorry, not sorry.
    Only Super 7 can make Masters of the Universe Great Agaain!
    Not matching prototypes, awful quality control, the delays and price increases are all fake news!

  9. #1984
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Super 7 make the best toys. Sorry, not sorry.
    Only Super 7 can make Masters of the Universe Great Agaain!
    Not matching prototypes, awful quality control, the delays and price increases are all fake news!
    Hahaha. Perfect my man.. you're alright, man.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  10. #1985
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    925
    Brian probably just means a factory that produces large scale injection molded items. When you think of it, even a factory that makes large appliance enclosures could produce the shell, but probably not the paint. So, saying its being made at a factory that makes "playsets" isn't too far fetched

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  11. #1986
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Brian probably just means a factory that produces large scale injection molded items. When you think of it, even a factory that makes large appliance enclosures could produce the shell, but probably not the paint. So, saying its being made at a factory that makes "playsets" isn't too far fetched

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I am not sure what is more far fetched. A factory that makes nothing but ''playsets'' or Super 7's expected arrival schedule.

  12. #1987
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I am not sure what is more far fetched. A factory that makes nothing but ''playsets'' or Super 7's expected arrival schedule.
    Or the far more improbable idea of Subpar7 getting Snake mountain to us on schedule and without faults.

    ..pass the popcorn!
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

  13. #1988
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,388
    Super7 just pushing and making Snake Mountain a reality is enough dedication for me to actually believe what they saying.


    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  14. #1989
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Super7 just pushing and making Snake Mountain a reality is enough dedication for me to actually believe what they saying.


    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Super 7 aren't pushing it. Literally any company could do the same when the are getting all the money paid up front several months in advance and charging plenty and making profit to produce the item.

    Or let me guess aside from believing in the factory in China that only makes "playsets" you all believe they are producing this without making a profit.

    Also lots of toys can be classed as a "playset". Playsets aren't all large bases for action figures. A child's plastic tea or picnic set could be classified as a "playset".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Or the far more improbable idea of Subpar7 getting Snake mountain to us on schedule and without faults.

    ..pass the popcorn!
    Mattel can pull a lot of strings with the playset factory and will no doubt get them to sabotage Snake Mountain.

  15. #1990
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Super 7 aren't pushing it. Literally any company could do the same when the are getting all the money paid up front several months in advance and charging plenty and making profit to produce the item.

    Or let me guess aside from believing in the factory in China that only makes "playsets" you all believe they are producing this without making a profit.

    Also lots of toys can be classed as a "playset". Playsets aren't all large bases for action figures. A child's plastic tea or picnic set could be classified as a "playset".

    - - - Updated - - -
    What company, literally, express any desire to make Snake Mountain for Classics aside from Super7? Really I don't recall any.
    If Super7 did not push it then how come it is being made? Who pushes it to happen?

    And what about that believing they are not making a profit? Anybody here is pretty much sure Super7 is not in business of not making money or being in business of charity.

    I'm just confuse on what your saying really.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  16. #1991
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    What company, literally, express any desire to make Snake Mountain for Classics aside from Super7? Really I don't recall any.
    If Super7 did not push it then how come it is being made? Who pushes it to happen?

    And what about that believing they are not making a profit? Anybody here is pretty much sure Super7 is not in business of not making money or being in business of charity.

    I'm just confuse on what your saying really.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    I didn't say any other company expressed an interest or desire to make Snake Mountain. I said literally any other company could have made it if they had the licence and wished to do it using a pre-order method. It's quite easy to do when you are getting all the money upfront without being out any expense with the buyers paying for everything.

  17. #1992
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Mattel can pull a lot of strings with the playset factory and will no doubt get them to sabotage Snake Mountain.
    *Snake mountain arrives....Snake has no neck, Front face is distorted, Whole thing is 8 inches shorter than expected and the shell is hot pink*

    S7 : 'CURSE YOU MATTEL!!!!'

    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

  18. #1993
    Evil Warrior Soulfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Or let me guess aside from believing in the factory in China that only makes "playsets" you all believe they are producing this without making a profit.

    Also lots of toys can be classed as a "playset". Playsets aren't all large bases for action figures. A child's plastic tea or picnic set could be classified as a "playset".
    You really have no knowledge of how plastic injection molding works, do you? Do you have any idea how large the mold would be for one of the sides of Snake Mountain? Very, very large. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the factory they use to make the figures does not have a machine that can inject such a large mold. So maybe, just maybe, they had to find a different factory, one that could do "playsets". Maybe Brian said that to make it super simple for people to understand. Not so much that it's the only thing that factory does, but rather it's a factory that can actually produce something that large.

    But hey, you seem to have it all figured out, so I guess there really is no point in trying to tell you that.

  19. #1994
    Court Magician General Zod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    This squalor.
    Posts
    51
    Really went back and forth on this a lot. It's funny---I would think about buying it, log on to the site, look at the pictures---and quickly change my mind. Not trying to poop in anyone's pudding--that's great if you bought it and are truly excited. For me it just seemed more like a "have to complete the collection" purchase than an "Oh my gosh...that's awesome!" purchase. In the end, I just couldn't do it. Too much money for too much ugly (worth $380 tops in my opinion). Now, make a hybrid mold of the Filmation/Mattel mountain with black snake, red gemstone eyes & I'd jump.
    Last edited by General Zod; October 9, 2019 at 11:43pm.
    ______________________________
    Where did you train?! On a farm?!

  20. #1995
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    You really have no knowledge of how plastic injection molding works, do you? Do you have any idea how large the mold would be for one of the sides of Snake Mountain? Very, very large. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the factory they use to make the figures does not have a machine that can inject such a large mold. So maybe, just maybe, they had to find a different factory, one that could do "playsets". Maybe Brian said that to make it super simple for people to understand. Not so much that it's the only thing that factory does, but rather it's a factory that can actually produce something that large.

    But hey, you seem to have it all figured out, so I guess there really is no point in trying to tell you that.
    I understand quite a bit about injection moulding and toy production in general.
    Don't you think it would just be a lot simpler for Brian to just tell the truth instead and say they got another factory for whatever reason rather than something as laughable as a factory that only makes "playsets".

  21. #1996
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I understand quite a bit about injection moulding and toy production in general.
    Don't you think it would just be a lot simpler for Brian to just tell the truth instead and say they got another factory for whatever reason rather than something as laughable as a factory that only makes "playsets".
    He may have just meant a factory that specializes in playsets. I wouldn't suggest taking every word or phrase he says during a casual interview to be written rule or law.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  22. #1997
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I understand quite a bit about injection moulding and toy production in general.
    Don't you think it would just be a lot simpler for Brian to just tell the truth instead and say they got another factory for whatever reason rather than something as laughable as a factory that only makes "playsets".
    Have you Pre Ordered Snake Mountain or is just another post bashing Super7? I know most of us who did purchase this would like the thread to be about excitement and updates regarding our purchase. I am sure we will get some updated pictures soon you can look at and criticize.

  23. #1998
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Have you Pre Ordered Snake Mountain or is just another post bashing Super7? I know most of us who did purchase this would like the thread to be about excitement and updates regarding our purchase. I am sure we will get some updated pictures soon you can look at and criticize.
    .............

    via GIPHY

    Comedian on the matty forums.

  24. #1999
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    104
    Is Super7 the gods of Toy Manufacturing far from it, neither is Mattel, Hasbro etc... Nothing is perfect people make these toys and fact the people that do make them are treated very poorly.

  25. #2000
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Have you Pre Ordered Snake Mountain or is just another post bashing Super7? I know most of us who did purchase this would like the thread to be about excitement and updates regarding our purchase. I am sure we will get some updated pictures soon you can look at and criticize.
    I don't bash Super 7 in every post. I actually quit like their vintage 5.5" Filmation figures.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    .............

    via GIPHY

    Hold you applause until you receive Snake Mountain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •